The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama Administration Punishes Navy Seals

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Because Congress stopped him from shutting GITMO down or had you not heard???????????????
    So what you and lost on the highway are saying is that even with control of the house and senate, he couldn't come through on the one campaign promise. Maybe, just maybe even the democrats know that is a bad idea.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    Obama signed an executive order to shut down GITMO Jan. 22, 2009 but ran into opposition in congress in the months that followed. Some over issues of security. Our prisons already house some of the most violent and unrepentant of society. A few more won't cost me any sleepless nights.
    There are certainly some folks at GITMO that should stay in prison. And some that may not deserve to be there at all. Only a court should decide guilt. Only a court should decide punishment. We fought a revolutionary war in part for such issues as due process. To hold persons, citizens or not, for years without trial goes against our basic principles. Stalin had the gulag, we have GITMO.

Theses are prisoners of war, not offered the same benefits of the constitution that we are. These people are being held at a military prison, exactly where they should be. Maybe, just maybe, if your president would keep one campaign promise he made, he could end the wars and shut gitmo down. There's alot of difference is thinking you can lead, and actually leading, huh? Get some. And the last time I checked, we didn't ask for gitmo.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Which court found Bin Laden guilty and decided to kill him??
    Just askin' by your rules.
    RK
    Do you really fail to see the difference of one killed in the field and prisoners held without due process? Or blowing smoke?
    That is like not seeing the difference of a policeman shooting a suspect in the act and a prisoner held in custody.
    Fairly basic concept, not my rules.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    Theses are prisoners of war, not offered the same benefits of the constitution that we are.
    If they are prisoners of war are they not entitled to military trials? Though some suggest they are enemy combatants. Being either does the US or any other country have the right to hold someone in prison for 2-4-6-10-20-30 years without trial?
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

If they are prisoners of war are they not entitled to military trials? Though some suggest they are enemy combatants. Being either does the US or any other country have the right to hold someone in prison for 2-4-6-10-20-30 years without trial?

Prisoners of war are held until the war is over!!!!! The war is far from over.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

This President bitches about it before he became President. Now 2 1/2 years after he took office, he still has not put them on trial. WHY NOT???? Ever thought to ask that question??? Probably not.

Do you really fail to see the difference of one killed in the field and prisoners held without due process? Or blowing smoke?
    That is like not seeing the difference of a policeman shooting a suspect in the act and a prisoner held in custody.
    Fairly basic concept, not my rules.
    Hummm, lets see. Depending on WHICH story you buy, up to 25 Seals took a house that had only three armed men inside. UBL was unarmed and yet shot in the head (I have no problem with that at all) and you want to say "killed in the field" in regard to his killing. If anyone believes he was not, as the president himself said, "captured and killed" you are a bigger fool that your post shows. To think for one minute he could not have been captured is naive. They did the right thing and killed him, but easily could have toted is ass off to Gitmo. I know you think the Seals are just human, but even you would have to agree that 20-25 Seals, who at least at one point had UBL at gun point while he was unarmed, could have easily captured him. Lets think about it. UBL in his bedroom with no weapons and everyone in the house with a weapon is dead on the first or second floor. I am going to go out on a limb here, at the risk of sounding like our very own seal roger, and say that alone in a room with a defenseless UBL I think I could probably detain him and certainly could with the help of one or two others.....
    Your example of the police shooting a suspect in the commission of a crime would not work if that policeman shot the suspect after 10 officers busted through his door and found him unarmed and then shot him in the face. IF that scenario happened the LEO would be in trouble because that would not be legal.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Banned

PRESIDENT Bush said yesterday that he wanted Osama bin Laden, the Saudi exile, "dead or alive" in some of the most bellicose language used by a White House occupant in recent years.

"I want justice," he said after a meeting at the Pentagon, where 188 people were killed last Tuesday when an airliner crashed into the building. "And there's an old poster out West that says, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive.' "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...says-Bush.html

Western Justice Regards
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 05-05-2011 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    PRESIDENT Bush said yesterday that he wanted Osama bin Laden, the Saudi exile, "dead or alive" in some of the most bellicose language used by a White House occupant in recent years.

"I want justice," he said after a meeting at the Pentagon, where 188 people were killed last Tuesday when an airliner crashed into the building. "And there's an old poster out West that says, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive.' "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...says-Bush.html

Western Justice Regards
    And your point is?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    And your point is?
    None as usual, but it makes him feel good.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke