The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil has biggest 1-day drop in more than 2 years

Banned

Default Oil has biggest 1-day drop in more than 2 years

Oil plunged nearly 9 percent to settle below $100 per barrel. Investors who had ridden a months-long rally fled the market Thursday because of concerns about weakening demand for fuel in the U.S.
    The decline of $9.44 per barrel, or 8.6 percent, brings the week's loss for oil to $14.13, or 12.4 percent. Other commodities like silver and cotton have plunged as well.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42920472...il_and_energy/

More good news Oil dropped more today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Price of Oil

$97.85 per barrel

Good news! Hope it continues!

BHB
    Ahhhh, the smell of a bay dog... nothin finer!

One who lives this life without plans for eternity may appear to be wise for the moment but a fool forever.

Our lives are not made by the dreams we dream but by the choices we make.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American
    Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American
    Indian." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Oil plunged nearly 9 percent to settle below $100 per barrel. Investors who had ridden a months-long rally fled the market Thursday because of concerns about weakening demand for fuel in the U.S.
    The decline of $9.44 per barrel, or 8.6 percent, brings the week's loss for oil to $14.13, or 12.4 percent. Other commodities like silver and cotton have plunged as well.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42920472...il_and_energy/

More good news Oil dropped more today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Price of Oil

$97.85 per barrel
    you think that might be forcasting a floundering economy with a concurrent rising unemployment?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    you think that might be forcasting a floundering economy with a concurrent rising unemployment?
    There is an article today that the economy is getting better than expected.

The U.S. economy added a stronger-than-expected 244,000 jobs in April, the Labor Department said Friday, as employers continued the solid pace of job creation seen in the prior two months.
    The number of jobs created last month was well above the 185,000 new jobs that analysts had predicted, the government reported. Private employers added 268,000 jobs — the most since February 2006.
    April marked the third straight month in which more than 200,000 jobs were created, the best three month hiring spree in five years. Job gains in March and February were even stronger than first reported.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42928024...s_and_economy/

Hell, with the price of oil dropping, the economy improving and bin Laden dead the Republicans don't even need to field a pretender for the next election. Doesn't look like anyone is interested anyway.

The U.S. economy added a stronger-than-expected 244,000 jobs in April, the Labor Department said Friday, as employers continued the solid pace of job creation seen in the prior two months.
    The number of jobs created last month was well above the 185,000 new jobs that analysts had predicted, the government reported. Private employers added 268,000 jobs — the most since February 2006.
    April marked the third straight month in which more than 200,000 jobs were created, the best three month hiring spree in five years. Job gains in March and February were even stronger than first reported.

Hell, with the price of oil dropping, the economy improving and bin Laden dead the Republicans don't even need to field a pretender for the next election. Doesn't look like anyone is interested anyway.
    With your so called great news on jobs MC DONALDS provided 62000 of them. Not takeing any thing away from mickyds but But when your man crush was in office the libs kept say they were low end job and nowhere jobs. But to this day still get a taste for a big mac.

Unemployment up to 9%. Yep, everything is just rosy. Maybe when unemployment falls below 7% and gas is back down to $2.69 a gallon we can celebrate. My guess is these things won't happen until Obama is long gone.
    Can't wait for 2012
    John Abramson

Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

I hate to be a pessimist Roger, but here if from the uber-liberal Paul Krugman:

Jobs Report: The Age of Diminished Expectations

Better than most people, myself included, expected. So good news, definitely.

But we really have defined good news down. April’s job gains roughly equaled the average monthly job gain under Clinton, so what was normal has now become exceptionally good. Bear in mind that we’re still almost 7 million jobs down from the previous peak, and something like 11 million down from where employment should be right now. It would take many years of reports this good to create anything that felt like full employment.

So, could have been worse. But not a reason to rejoice.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I truly hope you are right and I am wrong. To my way of thinking, I'm not rich but not poor either. Never should I go hungry unless the government takes everything I have. Still as long as I have my health, I can always go to work in Obamacare( wonder if I will have collective bargaining rights?). But here I see many people really really hurting. Requests for food from the Churches is at massive levels. People in their 50's who have lost their jobs and with no prospet now or in the foreseeable future of finding one. They are selling boats, 4-wheelers, tools, anything they can to feed their families. I see small businessmen refusing to hire because the risk of rising costs of an employee far outweighs the prospect of a profit. Instead they refuse to increase production and instead just raise prices. You mark this day's unemployment and gage today's level of optimism and then come back Jan. 1, 2012 and tell me if you think things are better then than now. I hope they will be, but strongly feel they will not.

The pump price hasnt budged, predictable. If it went UP $17 a barrel in 2 days the pump price would jump in an hour.
    Goldens Rule !!!

I found diesel for 3.97 and for a brief, very brief second, I was rather happy. Then I smacked myself in the head, dumped $100 bucks into the truck and drove home. What a load of crap.