The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Herman Caine?

Before you condemn the FairTax, please research the idea. It certainly has merit.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    Before you condemn the FairTax, please research the idea. It certainly has merit.
    The problem with the "Fair Tax" is that it does NOT redistribute wealth.

Just sayin'.......

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

I am not sure that I understand everything there is about the Fair Tax and/or the Flat Tax in terms of what it would do to my pocketbook (the ultimate measure of whether it's a good idea or not.)

BUT... if either or both of them would make the IRS irrelevant and we could see all their ugly, Stalinesque office buildings on the auction block all over the country, WOW it would be worth it.

OK, sure Herman Caine is going to be called an Uncle Tom and an Oreo etc. Just like conservative, pro-life women have sold out to the patriarchy and betrayed the sisterhood and grown testicles or whatever. He's probably been called those names so long it's nothing but background noise for him.

And if Herman Caine won the nomination the Democrats would have a whole campaign about how it's a plot to trick black voters. Geeze. But if there was a contest between Obama and Caine about who was "authentically" black, there would be no contest! Herman Caine was raised by two black parents... in the Jim Crowe South.

I think the election season would be a hoot.

Oh, and before I forget... Allen West for VP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1tulip View Post
    And if Herman Caine won the nomination the Democrats would have a whole campaign about how it's a plot to trick black voters. Geeze.

I would think that Democrats would characterize Republicans this way:

See, we have a black guy too!
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I agree! It's not perfect but it's the best idea I've seen. Virtually everyone who I've seen criticize it has done so by wildly misstating it. The thing many people miss is that the "rich" will still be paying more because they "buy" more. They will be paying the tax on a limo when I'm paying the tax on a Ford.

As for Herman Cain, he's my front runner at this point and not because of his race.
    "The bird hunter watches only the dog, and always knows where the dog is, whether or not visible at the moment. The dog’ nose is the bird hunters eye. Many hunters who carry a shotgun in season have never learned to watch the dog, or interpret his reaction to scent."
    Aldo Leopold, Round River

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

Yeah, I don't doubt it. They would use the "Token Negro" meme. For a similar reason, Caine would necessarily have to be on the top of the ticket or he would be characterized as (for example) "Romney's House Negro"

But you know what? If Herman Caine hasn't come up with the one-liners to deflect all that... then he wouldn't have gotten this far in his life. He has had a radio show in Atlanta for quite some time and he's probably heard it all. Don't you think?

He's probably sitting back just waiting for that kind of stuff. I would bet he'd turn those critiques back so fast that the democrats wouldn't know what hit them. (Of course, the'd let some sycophants actually make the racially charged comments.)

I don't know... it would really be a great election year for political junkies.

Caine/West in '12!!!! You heard it here first.

Richard was a fan of the Fair Tax until it was pointed out to him that the same exclusions present in the existing code would be readily available (for a price), to anyone willing to pay. There was no reply from his end. It's as it exists in our Sales Tax code in our State, WA, 50% have an exemption from paying .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    How is it that the consistantly obvious assumption always manages to slip by you? But have some communist commentator pose his belief about any topic and you guppy up and are quick to jump on the bandwagon
    A few around here have a record of routinely using demagoguery which supplants reason and decency. It appeals to the very worse and ugly aspects society. And it is telling and less than flattering of the user.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Got any links to back that claim up?
    How lazy are you? Here is a link that took all of 2 clicks to find.

http://www.politicalarticles.net/blo...cists-at-cpac/

Or how about the piece about Clarence Thomas

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...134324,00.html

Or Ward Connerly

http://archive.frontpagemag.com/read...px?ARTID=23752

Are you going to seriously question me on this and claim that the some on the left do not consider any black Republican one of these derogatory terms. They did the same thing to Micheal Steele and Clarence Thomas.

I know you will complain about the source but these are main stream left wingers and if Cain would win the nomination I guarantee that J Jackson, Farrakhan or some other prominent left winger will throw out some racial slur just because he is conservative.

The left is the most racist segment of our society (my opinion) and are willing to do and say anything to destroy any minority Republican while the most of the rest of us do not use race or sex in our political choices.
    Last edited by code3retrievers; 05-09-2011 at 01:10 PM.
    John Abramson

Retriever Supply
    www.retrieversupply.com

American Retriever
    www.americanretriever.com

Code 3 retrievers
    www.code3retrievers.com

We already tried that with the RNC chairman. didn't work out so well...
    Bill Davis