The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterboarding, Why is it torture?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    You know, it must really chap your a$$ that it only took President obama 2 1/2 years what your boy couldn't do in 8 years. Of course Obama did not give up either. Does "I don't know where bin Laden is and I don't care where he is" sound familiar? Then again obama was not looking past Afghanistan to invade another Country. Oh, and in invading another sovern Country, how about all those unarmed men, women and children that have been killed in Iraq.

Perhaps you've heard of this little Kerfuffle going on in Libya??

US Special Forces and Intelligence got Bin Laden, he was being hid by our "closest ally" in the war on terror. Interrogations, yes harsh interrogations got him, Leon Panetta point blank said so, whether you want to believe your fellow liberal or not. Or is Leon lying to protect Bush too??

If Bush had order this strike you'd be screaming about violating due process and murder and such. Obama has now targeted U.S. citizens suspected of terror for assisination, do you agree with this policy? See Anwar al-Awlaki if you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm sure DailyKos is silent on the subject.

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

You know, it must really chap your a$$ that it only took President obama 2 1/2 years what your boy couldn't do in 8 years. Of course Obama did not give up either. Does "I don't know where bin Laden is and I don't care where he is" sound familiar? Then again obama was not looking past Afghanistan to invade another Country. Oh, and in invading another sovern Country, how about all those unarmed men, women and children that have been killed in Iraq.

Never go full retard Roger. Can you have one conversation and not bring up the past president? Stay focused on the arguement at hand Simple Jack.

And as far as Obama doing anything, unless he was in your SEAL class, I wasn't aware he did anything but ok what other people planned and implemented based on intel that someone else gathered.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    Perhaps you've heard of this little Kerfuffle going on in Libya??

US Special Forces and Intelligence got Bin Laden, he was being hid by our "closest ally" in the war on terror. Interrogations, yes harsh interrogations got him, Leon Panetta point blank said so, whether you want to believe your fellow liberal or not. Or is Leon lying to protect Bush too??

If Bush had order this strike you'd be screaming about violating due process and murder and such. Obama has now targeted U.S. citizens suspected of terror for assisination, do you agree with this policy? See Anwar al-Awlaki if you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm sure DailyKos is silent on the subject.
    Why wouldn't Donald Rumsfeld be one of the first to confirm that waterboarding produced the information that led to the killing of bin Laden if that were true????????????

And here is one more question for you. It is now known that bin Laden has lived at the house where he was killed for the last 6 years. Obama has only been President for the last 2 1/2 years. Obama discontinued the use of waterboarding when he took office. If waterboarding produced the information that led to bin Ladens killing why didn't the Bush administration send in the SEALS to kill/capture bin Laden or at least bomb the complex where he lived while Bush was President so Bush could take credit for eliminating bin Laden???????????

Here is another source.
    White House deputy national security advisor John Brennan Tuesday knocked down the myth that waterboarding provided crucial intelligence that led to the location of Osama bin Laden.
    “So we’ve been talking about the different details and methods that lead up to this moment, and obviously there is word out today that waterboarding played a very big role or role in actually getting the information,” MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski told Brennan. “Is that the case?”
    “Not to my knowledge,” Brennan explained.
    “The information that was acquired over the course of nine years or so came from many different sources, human sources, technical sources, as well as information that detainees provided, and it was something that as a result of the painstaking work that the analysts did, they pieced it all together that led us to the Abbottabad compound and led us to the successful operation on sunday,” he added.
    Fox News’ Fox Nation website claimed Tuesday that waterboarding led to the death of bin Laden.
    http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/20...in-laden-kill/
    Another source
    http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...in-any-way.php
    another source
    http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Militar...d-to-bin-Laden

Obama has only been President for the last 2 1/2 years. Obama discontinued the use of waterboarding when he took office. If waterboarding produced the information that led to bin Ladens killing why didn't the Bush administration send in the SEALS
    it took a while for the feller to forget to turn his phone off when he would visit his boss.

it took a while longer for him to get a phone call while visiting his boss.

what did the two of you talk about anyway?

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    Never go full retard Roger. Can you have one conversation and not bring up the past president? Stay focused on the arguement at hand Simple Jack.

And as far as Obama doing anything, unless he was in your SEAL class, I wasn't aware he did anything but ok what other people planned and implemented based on intel that someone else gathered.
    By that line of thinking Bush did not start the wars in Afghanistan or Iraq because "other people planned and implemented the attacks."

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    don't it remind you of a Tom Petty Song?
    this is a great version, might he borrow Our commander in chief's teleprompter?
    clink this link - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GenHpuyiDug

There you go posting a link again.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Smile

By that line of thinking Bush did not start the wars in Afghanistan or Iraq because "other people planned and implemented the attacks."

did you just type it was
    NOT THE FAULT OF GEORGE BUSH??????
    I gotta turn on the news, I think Hell Just Froze over!
    would msnbc carry that story? I might need a link

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Wow!!!! Poor fellow?

Quote Originally Posted by 2labs View Post
    Where do I send your one way ticket? As your travel agent, I will pick a nice cozy mud hut, so you can sit around sip tea and talk about how violent the US is in its torture methods. All the while you strap a bomb vest on a school child to go and kill US Servicemen who happen to handing out tables and pencils that day.
    As a vetran who served my country for 22 years, allowing people like you freedoms to enjoy makes me sick. I truly hope you check your status in this life to see who's side you are on.
    Oh and Roger, how many friends and family did you have killed on 9-11?
    Thank you very much for your service! I do have a quick question. Has there been a fund established to contribute to Roger's ticket? If so, I would love to contribute. As a veteran also, it sickens me to know that I was willing to lay my life on the line so that EXTREMISTS like him can spout off the way he does! God Bless America!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Al VanHoey View Post
    Thank you very much for your service! I do have a quick question. Has there been a fund established to contribute to Roger's ticket? If so, I would love to contribute. As a veteran also, it sickens me to know that I was willing to lay my life on the line so that EXTREMISTS like him can spout off the way he does! God Bless America!
    CIA director Michael Hayden confirmed in an open session of Congress Tuesday his agency's use of an interrogation technique many consider torture -- a technique at the center of a national debate on the treatment of U.S. detainees in the war on terror and in the war in Iraq.
    In acknowledging that CIA officers and contractors used waterboarding on three "high-value" detainees, Hayden revealed information nearly identical to that shared by a former CIA officer last December with ABC News, which prompted the CIA to request a criminal prosecution.
    Until Hayden's comments before the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence today, no senior U.S. intelligence official had publicly acknowledged the technique.
    Hayden, who prohibited the practice of waterboarding by CIA agents in 2006, confirmed that his agency waterboarded Khalid Sheik Mohammed, Abu Zubaydah and Abd al-Rahim Nashiri, in efforts to compel the men to talk. He told senators the agency believed at the time "that additional catastrophic attacks were imminent." The men told CIA interrogators things that "led to reliable information," Hayden told reporters after the hearing.

The CIA chief asserted to reporters later that Mohammed and Zubaydah had provided roughly 25 percent of the information the CIA had on al Qaeda from human sources.
    ABC News first disclosed that the men were waterboarded in November 2005. On Dec. 10, 2007, former CIA officer John Kirakou, who participated in the capture of Abu Zubaydah, appeared on ABC News and discussed his conflicted feelings over the use of the technique. Kiriakou said waterboarding was effective, and a technique he might use again. He noted, however, it was also a technique he was uncomfortable with.

Some intelligence officials who reviewed reports based on those interrogations have challenged the idea they provided useful information.
    Hayden told lawmakers the agency had not used waterboarding in almost five years, publicly confirming information that was first reported by ABC News last year. He asked the lawmakers not to create new laws that would limit CIA interrogators. "One should not expect them to play outside the box because we've entered a new period of threat or danger to the nation, OK? So there's no wink and nod here," he said. "If you create the box, we will play inside the box without exception."
    At the time a presidential finding was signed in 2002 approving the use of harsh interrogation techniques including waterboarding, one of the CIA's most senior officials registered his objections to the technique, which a senior intelligence official failed to acknowledge today when he stated on the condition of anonymity that the current debate over the use of the technique is troubling to intelligence professionals. In fact, a number of intelligence professionals, current and former, object to the use of the technique.

It sounds like you not me is the extreemist.
    If waterboarding was discontinued in 2006 and the information from waterboarding was helpful in tracking down bin Laden why did then President Bush not capture or kill bin Laden???????????? He had 2 years to do so and did nothing. bin Laden was living in the same house since 2005.

If these terrorists are as irrational as you say they are, and I believe them to be, who are willing to blow themselves up for their cause do you really believe that waterboarding will get them to give up their secrets???????????
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 05-09-2011 at 07:32 PM.