The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterboarding, Why is it torture?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I never said I went to SEAL school. Get it right don't start spreading lies about me. I said SEAL recuriters came to our Radio school in Bainbridge Maryland.
    I am not the one spreading lies about your military history.

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

RK
    He couldn't be a SEAL... he stubbed his toe
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    OK Roger,
    Is this torture?
    Flip someone into the water, pitch black lake, off a boat and have the boat flipped on top of them??? NO lifejacket?

Well Roger,
    What is your answer?
    WE are waiting!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Banned

RK
    In West Bend, my next door neighbor was in UDT during WWII. I had alot of respect for him. I helped him train his labradors and in return he trusted me with taking his dogs out and hunting with them.
    When I entered the Navy, I had no thoughts of becoming a UDT or what were called Navy SEAL. When I was sent to Bainbridge Md for my radio school a few SEAL recruiters came and visited us there near the end of the school. It sparked an interest in me and I said I would be interested in their training. The SEAL school was supposed to start right after my class graduated from radio school. I got a real bad foot infection that the doctors at Bainbridge said was really bad and they ordered me to go to the hospital in Philadelphia. I was there almost a month. By the time I got back to school I was placed in another class to finish school. When I graduated the SEAL school had already started and if I were interested I would have had to wait for the next SEAL school to start and I would have had to extend my enlistment which at the time I did not want to do.

I don't give a rat's behind if you or anyone else do not believe me.

Still won't answer my question will you Roger?
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    We have people here in the United States prison system that have no regard for human life if what you say is true why don't we torture them????????????

We are supposed to set the example for the world. Why do we have to stoop to the terrorists level??????????? There were atrocities performed by the Germans and Japaneese against American prisoners of war. Did that mean we needed to treat the German and Japaneese POW the same way ours were treated???????????
    In response to first paragraph, what information do we need to torture a prisoner for? Does he know something about a possible attack on some part of the US we need to know about? If so, absolutely.

In response to your second paragraph, if we set the example for the rest of the world, what example did we set when we killed an unarmed man and shot his unarmed wife, all on another countries soverign soil? Now before you jump all over me, I am firmly for what UBL got. As a matter of fact, he should have got 2 to the head and 2 to the chest. I would love to buy the guys that carried this raid out several rounds of beer. But you liberals need to come up with a set of standards and stick to them. How is murdering an unarmed man ok and pouring some water on another man's face not ok? Can't have it both ways, you stud muffin you.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    In response to first paragraph, what information do we need to torture a prisoner for? Does he know something about a possible attack on some part of the US we need to know about? If so, absolutely.

In response to your second paragraph, if we set the example for the rest of the world, what example did we set when we killed an unarmed man and shot his unarmed wife, all on another countries soverign soil? Now before you jump all over me, I am firmly for what UBL got. As a matter of fact, he should have got 2 to the head and 2 to the chest. I would love to buy the guys that carried this raid out several rounds of beer. But you liberals need to come up with a set of standards and stick to them. How is murdering an unarmed man ok and pouring some water on another man's face not ok? Can't have it both ways, you stud muffin you.
    I beleive we "unilaterally entered a sovereign nation to assassinate an unarmed foreign leader."

Something Obama was appalled by just a couple years ago.

But now it's almost a monthly event (Egypt or Libya anyone??)

Just sayin'...........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

I beleive we "unilaterally entered a sovereign nation to assassinate an unarmed foreign leader."

Something Obama was appalled by just a couple years ago.

But now it's almost a monthly event (Egypt or Libya anyone??)

Just sayin'...........

RK
    In the Past you bitched about Clinton not taking out bin Laden when he had the chance. Now you sing a different tune. Please tell us what the difference was when you thought Clinton had a shot at bin Laden (even though there was not a positive ID) and did not bomb him and now???????????? Wouldn't Clinton ordering a bombing in Afghanistan be unilaterally entering a soverign nation to assassinate a foreign leader??????????????? How about Bush, he sent an army into a soverign nation with the express purpose of killing or capturing bin Laden and other al Qeada leaders.

Who is the sympathizer now?

"Anyone who questions whether the United States should have killed Osama bin Laden needs to have their head examined, President Barack Obama said in remarks broadcast on Sunday."
    http://sg.news.yahoo.com/obama-says-...025544789.html
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 05-09-2011 at 01:10 PM.

I do think that we as a peaceful nation need to set an example of what NOT to do in the name of WAR.
    And yes, while some countries do terrible things to their prisoners/captives.
    Do we need to be as nasty or like my Mom used to say "Be a big boy/girl and set a good example of what NOt to do."
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Still won't answer my question will you Roger?
    I don't know, I have never had a boat tipped over on top of me. There is always the chance of getting hit in the head and sinking to the bottom of the lake.