The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterboarding, Why is it torture?

Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    LUV
    If water boarding isn't torture, getting your fingernails pulled out is a manicure.

NO, fingernails is a whole other matter. That would be hell. Torn enough of them half way down the finger courtesy of dogs.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    One would first have to consider waterboarding torture for any of that to matter.
    Waterboarding is hardly torture!
    Here is a point to ponder. What if the terrorists at GITMO actually go to court and they are represented by an attorney who argues that the terrorists were subject to waterboard torture and any evidence that was gained through the torture should be thrown out and the judge agrees. Do these terrorists walk because of the Bush administrations ordered/approved of the waterboarding?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Here is a point to ponder. What if the terrorists at GITMO actually go to court and they are represented by an attorney who argues that the terrorists were subject to waterboard torture and any evidence that was gained through the torture should be thrown out and the judge agrees. Do these terrorists walk because of the Bush administrations ordered/approved of the waterboarding?????????????

They don't deserve a trial. They deserve to sit where they are, until we have won the war on terror, or until they die, which ever comes first. They are prisoners of war, they don't have the rights afforded citizens of the United States of America. They chose to hit the battlefield and fight and kill our fellow soldiers, so now they have to deal with the end result. I guess we could treat their people like they treat ours. You know, set up some cameras, put on some masks, stand behind them with a machete and shout some jibberish and then cut their head off. That sound good to you Roger? Because it sure works for me.

As far as these articles you keep posting, it is the internet, I'm sure I can find one about Big Foot being captured if you like.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    They don't deserve a trial. They deserve to sit where they are, until we have won the war on terror, or until they die, which ever comes first. They are prisoners of war, they don't have the rights afforded citizens of the United States of America. They chose to hit the battlefield and fight and kill our fellow soldiers, so now they have to deal with the end result. I guess we could treat their people like they treat ours. You know, set up some cameras, put on some masks, stand behind them with a machete and shout some jibberish and then cut their head off. That sound good to you Roger? Because it sure works for me.

As far as these articles you keep posting, it is the internet, I'm sure I can find one about Big Foot being captured if you like.
    so if they are prisoners of war and we pull our military out of Iraq and Afghanistan does that mean we release these terrorists back to their origional Countries you know like the German and Japaneese POW's were released back to their Countries?????????????

Next to answer your question as to where I get these articles the one on Conservatives against the war with Iraq here is the link

CONSERVATIVES AGAINST A WAR WITH IRAQ

Note: This is a transcript of the speech delivered on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives on February 26, 2003 by U.S. Congressman John Duncan, Jr.

http://students.uis.edu/araut01s/duncan.html

Here is another speech by john Duncan Republican. This Senator is of the same political party that you belong to so I am suprised you do not share his views. By the way, John J. Duncan is still a Senator today. I am sure if you asked, huntinman will confirm Duncan as a Senator from his state of Tenn.
    Bush's Iraq Intervention is Unconservative

by Rep. John J. Duncan
    by Rep. John J. Duncan

House of Representatives, September 10, 2003

There is nothing conservative about the U.S. policy in Iraq.
    Conservatives have never believed in massive foreign aid. Our occupation of Iraq has become the largest foreign aid program in the history of the world.
    We are building or rebuilding thousands of Iraqi schools, giving free health care to Iraqi citizens, and even making back payments to the Iraqi military and Iraqi retirees.
    Last week I read that we are sending 60,000 soccer balls there. Our Founding Fathers could not have foreseen this in their wildest dreams.
    Conservatives have never favored huge deficit spending. We are now told our deficits will reach an astounding one trillion dollars counting this fiscal year and the next.
    Supporters of the war scoffed at predictions that we would spend $200 to $300 billion in Iraq over the next 10 years.
    Now, by the most conservative estimates, not counting many things that should be counted, the Iraqi operation will cost us $167 billion in just the first two years.
    And because we are in such a deep fiscal hole already, we will have to borrow all these billions we are spending there.
    Conservatives have never believed in world government and have been the biggest critics of the United Nations.
    Yet some prominent war supporters, while criticizing the U.N. in one breath, would say in the next that we had to go to war to enforce all the U.N. resolutions that Saddam Hussein had violated.
    If this is not world government, then what is? And why should we put almost the entire burden of enforcing U.N. resolutions on the U.S. military and American taxpayers? That is not conservative.
    Conservatives have been strong supporters of national defense, not international defense.
    Senator Robert Taft wrote: “No foreign policy can be justified except a policy devoted…to the protection of the liberty of the American people, with war only as the last resort and only to preserve that liberty.” Conservatives have never believed that the United States should be the policeman of the world.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig3/duncan2.html

Last edited by Roger Perry; 05-10-2011 at 06:21 AM.

so if they are prisoners of war and we pull our military out of Iraq and Afghanistan does that mean we release these terrorists back to their origional Countries you know like the German and Japaneese POW's were released back to their Countries?????????????

Next to answer your question as to where I get these articles the one on Conservatives against the war with Iraq here is the link

CONSERVATIVES AGAINST A WAR WITH IRAQ

Note: This is a transcript of the speech delivered on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives on February 26, 2003 by U.S. Congressman John Duncan, Jr.

http://students.uis.edu/araut01s/duncan.html

Here is another speech by john Duncan Republican. This Senator is of the same political party that you belong to so I am suprised you do not share his views. By the way, John J. Duncan is still a Senator today. I am sure if you asked, huntinman will confirm Duncan as a Senator from his state of Tenn.
    Bush's Iraq Intervention is Unconservative

by Rep. John J. Duncan
    by Rep. John J. Duncan

House of Representatives, September 10, 2003

There is nothing conservative about the U.S. policy in Iraq.
    Conservatives have never believed in massive foreign aid. Our occupation of Iraq has become the largest foreign aid program in the history of the world.
    We are building or rebuilding thousands of Iraqi schools, giving free health care to Iraqi citizens, and even making back payments to the Iraqi military and Iraqi retirees.
    Last week I read that we are sending 60,000 soccer balls there. Our Founding Fathers could not have foreseen this in their wildest dreams.
    Conservatives have never favored huge deficit spending. We are now told our deficits will reach an astounding one trillion dollars counting this fiscal year and the next.
    Supporters of the war scoffed at predictions that we would spend $200 to $300 billion in Iraq over the next 10 years.
    Now, by the most conservative estimates, not counting many things that should be counted, the Iraqi operation will cost us $167 billion in just the first two years.
    And because we are in such a deep fiscal hole already, we will have to borrow all these billions we are spending there.
    Conservatives have never believed in world government and have been the biggest critics of the United Nations.
    Yet some prominent war supporters, while criticizing the U.N. in one breath, would say in the next that we had to go to war to enforce all the U.N. resolutions that Saddam Hussein had violated.
    If this is not world government, then what is? And why should we put almost the entire burden of enforcing U.N. resolutions on the U.S. military and American taxpayers? That is not conservative.
    Conservatives have been strong supporters of national defense, not international defense.
    Senator Robert Taft wrote: “No foreign policy can be justified except a policy devoted…to the protection of the liberty of the American people, with war only as the last resort and only to preserve that liberty.” Conservatives have never believed that the United States should be the policeman of the world.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig3/duncan2.html

One, I didn't ask where you got the articles, I said I could find one about bigfoot if you like. You constantly post these articles thinking they help you with your point, but they don't.

The bigger question Roger, is why do you have such a man crush on Bush? Did you meet him once and he turned you down and now you have a vendetta?

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

...Conservatives have never believed in world government and have been the biggest critics of the United Nations...
    I would be included in that group.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    One, I didn't ask where you got the articles, I said I could find one about bigfoot if you like. You constantly post these articles thinking they help you with your point, but they don't.

The bigger question Roger, is why do you have such a man crush on Bush? Did you meet him once and he turned you down and now you have a vendetta?
    More personal attacks, is that all you can do when you have no intelligent responses to bolster your side of the debate??????????????

So you are saying these articles by Senator John J. Duncan R TN are fake????????????????I present a conservative point of view and you do not agree with it?????????????
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 05-10-2011 at 06:49 AM.

More personal attacks, is that all you can do when you have no intelligent responses to bolster your side of the debate??????????????

So you are saying these articles by Senator John J. Duncan R TN are fake????????????????I present a conservative point of view and you do not agree with it?????????????
    No, that is not what I am saying. WHAT I AM SAYING IS IT IS TIME TO MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whether you like it or not, Bush is gone, has been for 2 1/2 years. Its time for your President to take responsiblity for the shape of things around here. You can no longer blame Bush for the way things are. Your President has not helped this country one bit. He has re-nigged on all of his campaign promises, except healthcare(which more than half the country doesn't like). You would be taken more serious if you started focusing on the now instead of the past. What say you?

You presented a RepublicanS point of view not a conservative point of view. How or whether someone believes in military action has or should have nothing to do with political party.

You used the opposite argument in your abortion post in this thread.

http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...ad.php?t=70540
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

What are you gonna do, have Obama bring Bin Laden back to life???

RK
    Stan b & Elvis