The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is The Time For Ron Paul Now ?

Default Is The Time For Ron Paul Now ?

I can only hope so!

Of all the Presidential candidates, he is the ONLY ONE talking about real solutions to our very real problems.

Checkout what Juan Williams has to say about his chances and how RP stacks up against Obama and potential GOP candidates. Encouraging that maybe, just maybe Americans are waking up to the realization that there really isn't much difference betwen the Dems and Republicans when it comes to be irresponsible spending!

http://thehill.com/opinion/columnist...lican-campaign
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

From the article....

Since then, the Tea Party has bullied the Republican leadership in the House to force budget cuts at the risk of shutting down the government and collectively become the most persistent critic of the Obama presidency on financial regulatory reform and health care.

The roots of all of this are in the libertarian mind of Rep. Paul.

I gather you agree with all of the article except the above, because when we were in the middle of the shut down debate you were railing against the Tea Party and blaming them for a future Obama victory.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I can only hope so!

Of all the Presidential candidates, he is the ONLY ONE talking about real solutions to our very real problems.

Checkout what Juan Williams has to say about his chances and how RP stacks up against Obama and potential GOP candidates. Encouraging that maybe, just maybe Americans are waking up to the realization that there really isn't much difference betwen the Dems and Republicans when it comes to be irresponsible spending!

http://thehill.com/opinion/columnist...lican-campaign
    Sorry Franco...though some of the things he says may make sense, no one that looks and sounds like an elf is going to get elected in this TV and Internet driven world. Just a cold, hard reality.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    From the article....

I gather you agree with all of the article except the above, because when we were in the middle of the shut down debate you were railing against the Tea Party and blaming them for a future Obama victory.
    Do you have a link to that which you are quoting me on?

I do remember saying that the cuts are superficial and really weren't nearly deep enough.

BTW, Ron Paul is a Libertarian. I would expect many in the Tea Party to support him for his stand against out-of-control government.
    Last edited by Franco; 05-10-2011 at 10:20 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Do you have a link to that which you are quoting me on? .
    Sure...here's a portion of your Tea Party quotes all taken from one thread during the shutdown:

True, until they added abortion to thier cause. Now, thier 15 minutes of fame is done. Tea Party will make a lot of noise between now and the election but, that is all it will be, noise.

Just watch and see.
    I don't recall if it was on this thread or another where you were asked at least twice which Tea Party member congressman/men inserted the Planned Parenthood carve out into the bill. We're still waiting for that answer or any other cogent answer that pins the entirety/majority of effort to strip Planned Parenthood of fed funding on the Tea Party ....

Attcking Planned Parenthood showed thier true colors. There were bigger and juicer spending programs to go after. Programs that the Dems would have fought LESS to protect!

Tea Party is nothing but left-over Republicans.

Demonstrates that the Libetarians are the only party of small and limited Fed Gov.

Why, because I am not in lock-step with a bunch of mindless crap like this lastest move by the Tea Party?

Repubs are no different then the Dems, just a different color.
    Can I ask you again who in the Tea Party movement was behind cutting federal funding for Planned Parenthood (aka "mindless crap")?

Referring to Tea Party members you wrote:
    Another 4 years of Obama can be attributed to the folks you've mentioned and the those that think like them!

Give me Liberty!
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

BTW, Ron Paul is a Libertarian. I would expect many in the Tea Party to support him for his stand against out-of-control government.

The majority of us do, but we're also realistic enough to recognize him as being unelectable. Should he survive the primaries, of course I would vote for him, but that's dubious at best. I do applaud him for HIS realization he stand ZERO chance running as a libertarian, not different than Ralphie boy and his Green Party.

Most conservatives side with many libertarian views. I might be time for a complete form of Buchananism...total protectionism. Pull all the troops home, close the borders, remove all forms of foreign aide and trade. It might be fun to watch the sheeple howl when they can no longer buy those China made clothes and other products that are far too cheep for our US manufacturers to make under the union thumb.

It has always amused me to see who's the most vociferous against a Wally World in their community, but will drive miles to shop at a Costco while shunning the local Ma & Pa shop in their downtown because the products cost too much. What phoney hypocrisy.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Franco, I know you're enamored with Ron Paul but there are things in his resume that would cause caution. Huntinman's comments are true, sort of like Trump, sound bite of the week. It is just recently that he has gotten some sort of religion on spending, prior to this cycle he sat in the middle of the pack. He actual reminds me of Kucinich & McDermott, just a different flavor.

But he's been around a long time, during that time TX has elected many different Senators, was he ever a candidate? It's hard to believe that someone who is electable in a small realm, apparently not so on a somewhat larger stage, would be ready for the national scene which would strip his would-be emperor's clothes in a heartbeat. Paul would not have the favorable press that the present POTUS enjoyed during his campaign & will probably enjoy into his golden years .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Sure...here's a portion of your Tea Party quotes all taken from one thread during the shutdown:

I don't recall if it was on this thread or another where you were asked at least twice which Tea Party member congressman/men inserted the Planned Parenthood carve out into the bill. We're still waiting for that answer or any other cogent answer that pins the entirety/majority of effort to strip Planned Parenthood of fed funding on the Tea Party ....

Can I ask you again who in the Tea Party movement was behind cutting federal funding for Planned Parenthood (aka "mindless crap")?

Referring to Tea Party members you wrote:
    Like I've said all along, if the Tea Party sticks to the budget and deficit, they have a future. If they start adding in a bunch of thier social crap, they are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    The majority of us do, but we're also realistic enough to recognize him as being unelectable. Should he survive the primaries, of course I would vote for him, but that's dubious at best. I do applaud him for HIS realization he stand ZERO chance running as a libertarian, not different than Ralphie boy and his Green Party.

Most conservatives side with many libertarian views. I might be time for a complete form of Buchananism...total protectionism. Pull all the troops home, close the borders, remove all forms of foreign aide and trade. It might be fun to watch the sheeple howl when they can no longer buy those China made clothes and other products that are far too cheep for our US manufacturers to make under the union thumb.

It has always amused me to see who's the most vociferous against a Wally World in their community, but will drive miles to shop at a Costco while shunning the local Ma & Pa shop in their downtown because the products cost too much. What phoney hypocrisy.

UB
    As of now, he is polling the highest among the oppostion and has the best chance of beating Obama.

With that said, who else in the Republican Party stands a chance of beating Obama in 2012? I rather support someone I beleive in than vote for the lessor of two evils.

BTW, I refuse to shop at Wally World and I also don't buy any hunting gear/clothing made thier either. That's why I don't buy from Avery, McAllister's, Cabelas etc. They all quit sending me catalogs because when I use to order, I would ask them where it was amde, which they don't have an answer for. Most of, if not all thier stuff is made in China. So, I wear old wool pants under my waders and canvas or wool shirts under my made in USA Browning parka. Not that all Browning appearl is made here, you just have to be careful when buying.

I'll add that until a couple of weeks ago the only camo item I owned is a Saints logo camo baseball cap made in Sri Lanka. And, I do a lot of hunting, just don't own any Realtree ot Mossy Oak made in China crap. Then, I discovered Oil Field Camo made just south of Lafayette La. They have it all made right here in the USA so, I bought some camo shorts, pants and a warm weather camo shirt for doves..
    Last edited by Franco; 05-10-2011 at 12:31 PM.

My 2 centavos.......There is no candidate so far conservative enough for me.

There is a guy that could give Obama a fight, but he is all but dashed already.

Just sayin'.........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis