The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: FEMA wants

Default FEMA wants

Our money back! Seems they provided disaster aid to a bunch of folks ineligible. My question - why are we giving people money for being stupid?
    If you live in a flood plain expect to be flooded, if you live where other natural disasters occur, expect that. Why is the government in the business of using our pockets to covers other's choices?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Our money back! Seems they provided disaster aid to a bunch of folks ineligible. My question - why are we giving people money for being stupid?
    If you live in a flood plain expect to be flooded, if you live where other natural disasters occur, expect that. Why is the government in the business of using our pockets to covers other's choices?
    Because it is the way our present government works. They thrive at being stupid, what would you expect from a big fat government and their employees!

My current home is over 40 feet above sea level. My area has never flooded as the water runs downhill, my house is on a ridge. My home, an older two story wood structure has never flooded since it was built in 1969.

As of January 2011, FEMA has made it mandatory for me to buy Flood Insurance at $900. a year! I look at it as a kind of tax to help finance FEMA's mistakes.
    Last edited by Franco; 05-10-2011 at 08:31 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Marvin, is there anywhere in this country where no natrual disasters has ever occured? If so is it big enough for all of the people in this country to live? I do not want to be considered stupid after all.

We have contracters building homes etc. in flood plains around our nearest town. Clearly stupid. Tornados are a different thing......who knows where they will hit. Just a little common sense would be nice. I speak from personal experience as we bought a house (after dark, no common sense on our part ) that turned out to be in a flood plain. Real estate agent assured us that it was not in a flood plain. We have corrected the problem by having some "dirt work" done but this was stupid mistake on someone's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Because it is the way our present government works. They thrive at being stupid, what would you expect from a big fat government and their employees!

My current home is over 40 feet above sea level. My area has never flooded as the water runs downhill, my house is on a ridge. My home, an older two story wood structure has never flooded since it was built in 1969.

As of January 2011, FEMA has made it mandatory for me to buy Flood Insurance at $900. a year! I look at it as a kind of tax to help finance FEMA's mistakes.

Only $900 a year. You are lucky. My 55 year old home has never been close to a flood, nor has there ever been recored flood waters in the area anywhere near me going back to at least the early 1800's. In the past 55 years we have had 4 direct hits from hurricanes. I wish I only paid $900 a year.
    I guess when the polar ice caps melt and we get weekly hurricanes I will be happy I have the flood insurance. Of course I will have to keep up my additional wind dammage policy.....
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke