The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AP-Gfk poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent

while polls surely have their place, I don't put much stock in them. My favorites polls are clearly exit polls. Just wait untill the end of the day for the election result, that is all the polling needed on election day.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Polls on candidates at this date are interesting but far from an accurate forecast of the coming election cycle. The 1st George Bush's numbers were huge after Desert Storm only to be defeated by Clinton is an example.

Speaking of polls a WSJ/NBC poll (March 2, 2011) indicates more than 75% do not favour major cuts in Social Security or Medicare.
    http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/0...cial-security/
    Last edited by Losthwy; 05-11-2011 at 01:45 PM.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Breakdown of party affiliation of those who were polled.

46/29/4 Dem/Rep/Ind

Might explain a 60% approvial huh? Actually one would have to wonder why a breakdown like that would only give him a 60% approvial.

http://www.ap-gfkpoll.com/pdf/AP-GfK...1_POLITICS.pdf

A little more than half way down the PDF. Right from the donkeys mouth, just in case you doubted subroc's link to a right wing page.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post

46/29/4 Dem/Rep/Ind

Might explain a 60% approvial huh? Actually one would have to wonder why a breakdown like that would only give him a 60% approvial.

A little more than half way down the PDF. Right from the donkeys mouth, just in case you doubted subroc's link to a right wing page.
    Darn it, Roger! Don't you just hate it when that happens?

Big print giveth, small print taketh away regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post

46/29/4 Dem/Rep/Ind

HA...... go figure!
    SHR Presque Isle Jaeger Schwab JH (driving the bus)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Here is another source for the Presidents 60% approval rating. How many sources need to be provided????????????Just because you do not agree with the polls doesn't make them not true and you can deny it all you want.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/40800

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-ne...-60-ar-206502/
    They're all the same story, Roger. Look closely at the credits. Same authors all three places.

Eric

Hes jumping the gun as normal . HAHAHAHA

Banned

"Obama, who made history in 2008 by becoming the first African-American to be elected president, leads possible Republican candidates by double digits.

He polls above 50 percent when compared to his closest rivals, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, according to the poll.
    Obama leads Huckabee by 51 percent to 39 percent, and Romney by 51 percent to 38 percent.
    The president's approval rating is at 49 percent, a 3-point increase over last month, amounting to only a modest bounce after the May 2 bin Laden operation. Other surveys have given him a slightly larger post-bin Laden boost."

This is what counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Again another right winger that cannot express himself without name calling.

Here is another source for the Presidents 60% approval rating. How many sources need to be provided????????????Just because you do not agree with the polls doesn't make them not true and you can deny it all you want.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/40800

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-ne...-60-ar-206502/

What offends me is calling me...ME...a right winger! Then has the audacity to proclaim I...I am the "name caller".

It gets back to the children's chant of, "sticks and stones etc.", Roger. I hardly ever call you a name. I do use adjectives to describe WHAT you are, but seldom WHO you are. Like, I would never refer to you as an S.O.B., I have too much respect for your mother. Nor do I select from the vernacular of that Scottish late night host on CBS, Craig Ferguson, that uses 'bastard' quite frequently...that again might reflect poorly on your parents.

But just for chits and grins, Roger, let me explore what I should be calling you. You can't have 'messiah'...that's been taken. You apparently rail at my use of the term sycophantic, although you may not know what that means, as I suspect your knowledge of the word 'toady' might be beyond your comprehension. But do look it up, because I believe it describes you with perfection.

Now, let's try to place you on a scale of 100. Let's begin by horizontally drawing a scale starting at 0 on the left, and 100 on the right. Then just for THOI, let's assign your basic run of the mill Democrat a 25...your basic Independant a 50...and your basic Republican 75. (this goes left to right, I hope you understand)

Since you have me pegged as a "right winger", ( which I wear with pride, BTW), what number should I be given...and more importantly...what number do you think you are? Careful, others will likely read and comment on your selection, so give it your best shot.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    What offends me is calling me...ME...a right winger! Then has the audacity to proclaim I...I am the "name caller".

It gets back to the children's chant of, "sticks and stones etc.", Roger. I hardly ever call you a name. I do use adjectives to describe WHAT you are, but seldom WHO you are. Like, I would never refer to you as an S.O.B., I have too much respect for your mother. Nor do I select from the vernacular of that Scottish late night host on CBS, Craig Ferguson, that uses 'bastard' quite frequently...that again might reflect poorly on your parents.

But just for chits and grins, Roger, let me explore what I should be calling you. You can't have 'messiah'...that's been taken. You apparently rail at my use of the term sycophantic, although you may not know what that means, as I suspect your knowledge of the word 'toady' might be beyond your comprehension. But do look it up, because I believe it describes you with perfection.

Now, let's try to place you on a scale of 100. Let's begin by horizontally drawing a scale starting at 0 on the left, and 100 on the right. Then just for THOI, let's assign your basic run of the mill Democrat a 25...your basic Independant a 50...and your basic Republican 75. (this goes left to right, I hope you understand)

Since you have me pegged as a "right winger", ( which I wear with pride, BTW), what number should I be given...and more importantly...what number do you think you are? Careful, others will likely read and comment on your selection, so give it your best shot.

UB
    Well with you being a self proclaimed tea partier, I would give you a 98 me on the other hand being a former Republican Party member and now an Independent I would give myself a 60. I used to like what the Republican party stood for. Bush 43 was the first Republican President i did not vote for. There was something i did not like about the man and it turned out I was right. He turned out to be the worst President in U.S. history.

"VA health care cost has gone through the roof. Why do you think that is???????????? Could it be the 2 wars that your hero got us into has tripled the cost of taking care of our veterans?????????????
    Health care fees for working-age military retirees would increase slightly under a defense bill unveiled Monday that drew fierce opposition from the 2.1 million-strong Veterans of Foreign Wars.
    The Pentagon is reeling from health care costs that have jumped from $19 billion in 2001 to $53 billion in the latest budget request."
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 05-11-2011 at 06:07 PM.