The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles GDG

I rode sportbikes for 20 years
    Gave it up about 5 years ago to ride dirtbikes with one of my sons. We both rides yz250f's. I wish I wouldve switched tn the dirty side years ago. Ive never had so much fun!!
    Goldens Rule !!!

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    RK feel free to post the pic we all, well guys, appreciate. I know your proud of the cycle but.....
    Stan...I think he wants to see Elvis
    Bill Davis

Here's a pic of the Road King I sold last year I'm now riding a soft tail that I got in Cali. and rode back to Ohio in four days.

The sears bike looks like a cool project, but where are you getting parts?
    I had a 71 Bonneville and it took some time to find suppliers for parts.
    Keep us updated on the project I'm interested in it.
    Cold Creek Gundogs
    The more I'm on the internet the more I love my dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    I just sold a V-star a few months back. I ride a 2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200 now. I'm over cruisers and don't care to ride crotch rockets, so this is my current "ideal bike".
    Those Sears bikes have got to be the coolest bikes I've ever seen! Please keep us updated on the resto! Who built them for Sears? I've never even heard of them. They sort of have a British look to them, don't they?
    They were made by a few European companies, but mainly by Puch. They were ordered from the catalog just like a stove or anything else from Sears. The black thing on the Headlight is actually the key. Oil injected 2 strokes are pretty cool especially a twingle style motor.

They never sold very well because when they came out so did the Hondas of the same size and for another $150 the Honda was way faster. The Sears Allstate sold for around 150-200 brand new from the catalog. Another cool thing is even if the bike was made in 1970 but did not sell until 1973 it was titled as a 1973 or 1974 etc. They also were not perfect from the factory so the resto is a bit of a pain to be restored to factory specs.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Anyone have any new bikes to add?

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Anyone have any new bikes to add?

RK
    mine are in about as many pieces as when they came in the box. Well except for that dang speedo cable that wont come loose. Slow and steady will win the race, I may be finished by the time I am 50. Gives me another 22 years and a few days to complete them.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

a 2011 HD Vrod muscle...

05 Sportster 1200 XL, my first real bike. I rode rockets prior but enjoy this sooo much more. bought in 05/2010 and might save up and get a better HD or sell and get a truck. I need a bike though and this one is all mine!
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

Keep in mind I'm SHORT, so my selection is limited and I only started riding about a year and half ago...Honda Shadow 650...got it used and for a great price!

And at the time the only helmet I had was the one I used when riding ATVs...

"You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    Keep in mind I'm SHORT, so my selection is limited and I only started riding about a year and half ago...Honda Shadow 650...got it used and for a great price!

And at the time the only helmet I had was the one I used when riding ATVs...

That is BADDASS girl!!!

Sweeeeet!!

You keep ridin' for a while, I'll tell you some stories about the old days and how I got the nik' name road kill!!!

RK

RK
    Stan b & Elvis