The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: burning flags

Default burning flags

Burning a flag. It may be legal, it may be constitutional, but I am not sure it is right. It looks like students at LSU took a position on this and at least on this day, such foolishness will not be allowed.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/flag...s-20110511-ncx
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Mr Haas would be wise to start eating healthy since it will help in his recuperation.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

If someone ever tries to burn a flag in front of me, and you are there, please call a policeman and an ambulance.

Because 1 of us is going to the hospital and 1 of us is going to jail.

If you think I am full of BS, why don't you try it?
    To me, there are some things worth fighting for.

RK
    Last edited by road kill; 05-12-2011 at 08:06 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Not that I agree with why he was burning the flag, but have any of you been to the events where the local VFW or AMVets do the flag burning to destroy old flags? I have been to one before turning in an old flag that I needed to get rid of, but would never throw away.

I know it is not the same thing but the end result is the same. I know he was doing it to make a statement, but it does happen quite often for good reasons as well.

Burning a flag has different meanings depending on the burners motivation.

These clubs will help you find a place to burn your flag, maybe he should have talked to them.

VFW @ vfw.org
    American Legion @ legion.org
    Boy Scouts of America @ scouting.org
    Girl Scouts of America @ girlscouts.org
    Marine Corps League @ mcleague.com
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44M_k...&feature=share

Here is the video link. Tuff spot for the cops to be in. That was a real powder keg. I'm glad no one got hurt and no one got arrested. It must have sucked to be hit by the garbage meant for Mr.1st amendment rights. I thought the fight was on when the soldier in the crowd started yelling "My brothers died for you!" Cooler heads thank God. Good for the LSU students. Freedom of speech works both ways .

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Burning a flag. It may be legal, it may be constitutional, but I am not sure it is right. It looks like students at LSU took a position on this and at least on this day, such foolishness will not be allowed.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/flag...s-20110511-ncx
    I saw where it said he was a graduate sutdent in communications. Wonder if he is a future reporter of the Mainstream media?? Just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by DSO View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44M_k...&feature=share

Here is the video link. Tuff spot for the cops to be in. That was a real powder keg. I'm glad no one got hurt and no one got arrested. It must have sucked to be hit by the garbage meant for Mr.1st amendment rights. I thought the fight was on when the soldier in the crowd started yelling "My brothers died for you!" Cooler heads thank God. Good for the LSU students. Freedom of speech works both ways .

Danny
    Yep, because some of them had liquids other than H2O
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

I have got to say, after watching this video, America and her institutions of higher learning is not lost to the left wing radical, I hate the United States of America types that populate such august institution like Berkley, Columbia and Harvard. There are those that are willing to sanction those that do not respect the United States and the symbols that represent her.

Well done students of LSU.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I have got to say, after watching this video, America and her institutions of higher learning is not lost to the left wing radical, I hate the United States of America types that populate such august institution like Berkley, Columbia and Harvard. There are those that are willing to sanction those that do not respect the United States and the symbols that represent her.

Well done students of LSU.
    Aw that was just them redneck crackers MSNBC talks about all the time>

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Aw that was just them redneck crackers MSNBC talks about all the time>
    yeh, didn't Chris Matthews say one time that he didn't understand middle America and his network needed to send a foreign correspondent?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]