The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inflation for the mnth

Default Inflation for the mnth

Just heard inflation for last month was .8 percent. Month before was .7 percent. 1.5 percent for 2 months is a rate of 9% per year. Hopefully it won't continue at that rate but if anyone believes we are in a deflationary period, I would like to hear their logic. Maybe those that supported qe1, qe2 and advocated qe3 would like to respond. How do you stop inflation. Only way I know is to raise the interest rate. A 1% rise in the interest rate will cost an additional 150 billion dollars just to pay the interest on the current debt. That means the gov will have to raise 150 billion in revenue or cut spending 150 billion just to maintain the current rate of the growth in the deficit.

Come on Keynesians. What is the solution. More spending. Surely more of the same thing will get different results. No crying about the past or blaming someone in the past. WHAT IS THE SOLUTION??? We have to deal with the problem TODAY!!

Don't know if this is correct, but someone recently told me that the cost of food & energy is NOT included in computing the COL changes. If true, that means that the stats we are "fed" are way of the mark.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Don't know if this is correct, but someone recently told me that the cost of food & energy is NOT included in computing the COL changes. If true, that means that the stats we are "fed" are way of the mark.
    I have heard the same thing but have not checked to see if that is correct. If they are not included then the true numbers are actually worse then the ones we have. Hell I'm getting like Obama. "Its worse than it was when I said that it was worse than it was." At the rate it is going by Jan. 2012 it will be worse than it was when I said it was worse than I thought it was when I said it was worse than I thoght it was. Oh I should say we were saved from a depression. Sounds better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    It's true and they are.

"Lies, damned lies and statistics!!"

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    It's true and they are.

"Lies, damned lies and statistics!!"

RK
    Anybody remember 20% interest rates? Anybody want to bet that inflation for the year won't be higher than any year is the last 20 years??

Oh, totally! My dogs were with a pro who absolutely HAD to replace his truck. He got a used one... and paid 18% interest on the note.

Inflation on the rise manly fueled by food and gas prices and the messiah remains helpless to do anything about it. Unemployment remains over 9%, what a failure as POTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by gman0046 View Post
    Inflation on the rise manly fueled by food and gas prices and the messiah remains helpless to do anything about it. Unemployment remains over 9%, what a failure as POTUS.
    Who was it that said "You ain't seen nothing yet"?

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post

Bachman Turner Overdrive
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    kThouoght I would bring this up again. I said YOU AINT SEEN NOTHING YET. I also once said in reference to the current economy " you aint seen nothing yet". "Just wait til Jan. 2012.

kAnybody care to predict that Jan 2012 will be better than when this hread started???