The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: House Passes Bill To Lift Obama's Moratorium on Drilling

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    This country is floating on an ocean of natural gas. (I lived in WNY and we couldn't drill 30 feet down for a water well without hitting gas. You could light a flame from your water faucet.) Natural gas does not require refining.

    I know we can't currently run cars on it, but as accessable as NG is, and as energy hungry as this country is... why in Gaia's name are we not bringing it in.

    The best interpretation I can put on BHO's policies is that he is totally indifferent to the needs of regular Americans.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Prime example of why we need to quit screwing around with the enviro-whackos and build some more refineries. Open up more drilling right here in the USA and take care of ourselves, not Brazil, China, Russia, the Middle East and everywhere else. Drill here, drill now. Won't help the short term... but if they had done it 10 years ago, we would not be in this mess now. They keep kicking it down the road. It's time we take advantage of our own natural resources...
    And who was in control of the Congress and Presidency 10 years ago??????????????????Oh, how silly of me, we were going to get free oil from Iraq.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 05-13-2011 at 05:25 AM.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    And who was in control of the Congress and Presidency 10 years ago??????????????????Oh, how silly of me, we were going to get free oil from Iraq.
    Bush was in charge and 9 years ago and he opened up new areas of the gulf for drilling and the price per barrel dropped to $36.!!!

    Domestic production was at an alltime high in 2010, thanks the Bush's policies. It wasn't until the BP oil leak that the Obama Administration shut down dilling causing OPEC to cut production. Throw in unrest in the middleeast and that is why we have the price at the pump today!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Ken Bora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont
    Posts
    11,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1tulip View Post
    ..... Natural gas does not require refining.

    I know we can't currently run cars on it, .......

    why?
    all the way back in the 70's farmers up here had tractors running on CNG.
    today if you hop on a city bus here in Burlington, Vt. it is running on CNG.
    a taxi co. also has all it's cars running on it.



    .
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

    "The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Bush was in charge and 9 years ago and he opened up new areas of the gulf for drilling and the price per barrel dropped to $36.!!!

    Domestic production was at an alltime high in 2010, thanks the Bush's policies. It wasn't until the BP oil leak that the Obama Administration shut down dilling causing OPEC to cut production. Throw in unrest in the middleeast and that is why we have the price at the pump today!
    Two wars in Afghanistan and Iraq did not help keep the price of a barrel of oil down either.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Two wars in Afghanistan and Iraq did not help keep the price of a barrel of oil down either.
    The wars REALLY had a lot to dod with our domestic oil that we don't even touch, DIDN'T THEY??? As usual I expect no answer.

  7. #17
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Bush was in charge and 9 years ago and he opened up new areas of the gulf for drilling and the price per barrel dropped to $36.!!!

    Domestic production was at an alltime high in 2010, thanks the Bush's policies. It wasn't until the BP oil leak that the Obama Administration shut down dilling causing OPEC to cut production. Throw in unrest in the middleeast (and who is encouraging that) and that is why we have the price at the pump today!
    OUCH!!......another sore back of the head!!!


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  8. #18
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    What this oligarchy is doing is pure criminal. You don't think they want to destroy this nation? What would be a legitimate reason for this action???

    UB

    The depletion of our oil production is corroding the Alaska pipeline and widening the trade deficit.

    Obama's oil free utopia is precipitating yet more mayhem on our economy. Today, two major news stories concerning our lack of oil production highlight just how profoundly oil affects our economy.

    The first story concerns the Trans Alaska Pipeline. The pipeline employs 2,000 workers and delivers 11% of our domestically produced oil to the other states. During its early years, when we weren't impounding the oil in Alaska, the pipeline transported 2 million barrels of oil per day. Now, less than a third of that volume flows through the pipeline, with the trajectory spiraling sharply downward. The Wall Street Journal reported today that there is growing concern about the adverse effects of decreasing oil flow on the pipeline itself:


    Now, dwindling oil production along Alaska's northern edge means the pipeline carries less than one-third the volume it once did—and the crude takes five times as long to get to its destination.
    That leisurely flow means the oil is above ground longer and more exposed to Alaska's frigid weather; the crude sometimes arrives chilled to 40 degrees. As the flow and temperature continue to drop, experts say the risks of a clog or corrosion increase, as do the odds of ruptures and spills.

    Unless a technological solution can be found, the arcane physics of crude flow may force the multibillion dollar, 48-inch-wide steel pipeline to shut down—and determine the fate of the largest oil field ever found in the U.S.
    There's one other, seemingly simple fix: Add more oil.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  9. #19
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    What this oligarchy is doing is pure criminal. You don't think they want to destroy this nation? What would be a legitimate reason for this action???

    UB

    The depletion of our oil production is corroding the Alaska pipeline and widening the trade deficit.

    Obama's oil free utopia is precipitating yet more mayhem on our economy. Today, two major news stories concerning our lack of oil production highlight just how profoundly oil affects our economy.

    The first story concerns the Trans Alaska Pipeline. The pipeline employs 2,000 workers and delivers 11% of our domestically produced oil to the other states. During its early years, when we weren't impounding the oil in Alaska, the pipeline transported 2 million barrels of oil per day. Now, less than a third of that volume flows through the pipeline, with the trajectory spiraling sharply downward. The Wall Street Journal reported today that there is growing concern about the adverse effects of decreasing oil flow on the pipeline itself:


    Now, dwindling oil production along Alaska's northern edge means the pipeline carries less than one-third the volume it once did—and the crude takes five times as long to get to its destination.
    That leisurely flow means the oil is above ground longer and more exposed to Alaska's frigid weather; the crude sometimes arrives chilled to 40 degrees. As the flow and temperature continue to drop, experts say the risks of a clog or corrosion increase, as do the odds of ruptures and spills.

    Unless a technological solution can be found, the arcane physics of crude flow may force the multibillion dollar, 48-inch-wide steel pipeline to shut down—and determine the fate of the largest oil field ever found in the U.S.
    There's one other, seemingly simple fix: Add more oil.
    Here are the only 2 options.

    #1---Spend us into bankruptcy so we can be acquired and taken over

    or

    #2---Spend us into bankruptcy so the only option then is to take all of the wealth from those that have any left


    He knows exactly what he is doing...........


    RK
    Stan b & Elvis

  10. #20
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,918

    Default

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43032162...s-white_house/

    Facing continued public unhappiness over gas prices, President Barack Obama is directing his administration to ramp up U.S. oil production by extending existing leases in the Gulf of Mexico and off Alaska's coast and holding more frequent lease sales in a federal petroleum reserve in Alaska.

    Obama said Saturday that the measures "make good sense" and will help reduce U.S. consumption of imported oil in the long term. But he acknowledged anew that they won't help to immediately bring down gasoline prices topping $4 a gallon in many parts of the country.

    His announcement followed passage in the Republican-controlled House of three bills — including two this week — that would expand and speed up offshore oil and gas drilling. Republicans say the bills are aimed at easing gasoline costs, but they also acknowledge that won't be immediate.

    The White House had announced its opposition to all three bills, which are unlikely to pass the Democratic-controlled Senate, saying the measures would undercut safety reviews and open environmentally sensitive areas to new drilling.
    But Obama is adopting some of the bills' provisions.

    Answering the call of Republicans and Democrats from Gulf Coast states, Obama said in his weekly radio and Internet address that he would extend all Gulf leases that were affected by a temporary moratorium on drilling imposed after last year's BP oil spill. That would give companies additional time to begin drilling.

    The administration had been granting extensions case by case, but senior administration officials said the Interior Department would institute a blanket one-year extension.
    --------------
    Duh?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •