The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Affirmative Action for Chesapeakes?

Default Affirmative Action for Chesapeakes?

Not a slam at Chesapeakes... honest.

It's just that they are the minority at FT/HT. And Labradors WAAAY out-number Chessies when the ribbons are handed out. So, using liberal reasoning, every lab that makes it to the end has to surrender some of their points to any Chessie who's running. And if it's a very famous and successful lab, say a FC or AFC... they have to surrender at least 35% of their points. They'll be at the top of the "point tax" bracket. And... O my... any lab that's an NFC/NAFC they would have to pay a millionaire's tax. Just trying to be fair.

Maybe Goldens could be considered like Asians. A minority, yeah. But we don't really care about them cause they are not a reliable constituency and they seem to do OK without the extra help.

Quote Originally Posted by 1tulip View Post

It's just that they are the minority at FT/HT. And Labradors WAAAY out-number Chessies when the ribbons are handed out. So, using liberal reasoning, every lab that makes it to the end has to surrender some of their points to any Chessie who's running. And if it's a very famous and successful lab, say a FC or AFC... they have to surrender at least 35% of their points. They'll be at the top of the "point tax" bracket. And... O my... any lab that's an NFC/NAFC they would have to pay a millionaire's tax. Just trying to be fair.

Maybe Goldens could be considered like Asians. A minority, yeah. But we don't really care about them cause they are not a reliable constituency and they seem to do OK without the extra help.
    Now you're comparing ME to a Golden Retriever ...I dont wear bandanas,I don't have feathery hair,and although I love blondes,I am definitely not one...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by 1tulip View Post

Wow simply wow.........
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Now you're comparing ME to a Golden Retriever ...I dont wear bandanas,I don't have feathery hair,and although I love blondes,I am definitely not one...
    Yeah. We are totally NOT giving scholarships and small business loans and government contracts to Goldens. They can just make it on their own.

hmmmm....
    so what happens when 100% of the Chesapeakes entered in a field test qualify and only 25% of the black labs do????
    I don't need your stinkin' affirmative action cause I can smack that test all on my own self!
    ever notice how the john q public 80% of the population type always have a exceptionally talented minority tutor?

just step back and let the strange kid show ya how it's done.

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.
    And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Hunting retriever dream.
    I have a dream that one day this RTF will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all Retrievers are created equal."
    I have a dream that one day in the gallery of tests and trials across the land, the sons of Labrador Retrievers and the sons of Chesapeake bay Retrievers and Golden Retrievers and Curly and Flat coated and NSDTR's and Barbets and Poodles and all water Spaniels and even Visuals will be able to sit down together at the table of waterfowl testing.
    I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of "just hunting dogs", sweltering with the heat of Black Labs, will be transformed into an oasis of off breeds and Field Tests.
    I have a dream that All retrievers will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their Fur but by the content of their character.
    I have a dream today!

I mean no disrespect to the late Dr. King and the cause he championed in his very short time on this speck of dust we call home.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

As a chessie owner I will have to take you up on your offer of "affirmative action".

After all we have heard that most of the black, smooth haired dogs will just hold us back anyway. After years of being "held back" by the black dogs it proves to us that we can not make it on our own work. There's no use in trying anymore as the black, smooth haired dogs have conspired to keep us inferior to them.

I'll be by to pick up our first place ribbon and cup before the trial starts. After all, the president promised us this! He has his own stash of ribbons just for us!

BHB
    Ahhhh, the smell of a bay dog... nothin finer!

One who lives this life without plans for eternity may appear to be wise for the moment but a fool forever.

Our lives are not made by the dreams we dream but by the choices we make.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American
    Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American
    Indian." Henry Ford

Are you asking if Chesapeakes are represented at the ribbon ceremony in far excess of their % of the retriever population, will they no longer get special consideration?

Pfft!

Don't be ridiculous. Labradors have had the good life. They've hit the lottery in competitive retrieving. Not only should they pay their point tax... they have to pay reparations to all Chesapeakes.

Oh... and in spite of what we know to be true statistically, there are very few Labradors who have been brave enough to come out of the closet. This is because of the deep seated prejudices of "Big Breeding". Consequently, Breeders will have their AKC subsidies revoked, and any openly gay Labrador (especially bench champions) will be given the Blue ribbons at FT's. Because Blue is such a lovely color.

Amen brother Bora, Can I get a Amen.
    Yea though I walk through the gallery of Labardor, I shall fear no retrieve for my Chessie is at my side. His marking, style and perseverance comfort me.

Not bad Brother Bora.....but......what the hell is a "Visual"????? Are you 'Visualizing' all retrievers being equal???? Cause I know you're not suggesting "Vizslas" should be given an equal share. Seriously.....have you ever 'waterfowl' hunted over a Vizsla??????? Them suckers start shivering at the mere sound of someone 'poppin' the top of a PBR. And that's here in Az.....can't imagine what one would do when he stuck his delicate tootsie in them icy waters of Colorado, Minn or the Chesapeake Bay!!!!!
    Last edited by dback; 05-14-2011 at 08:36 AM. Reason: That's funny.....I left out the 's'
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech