The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Affirmative Action for Chesapeakes?

this forum needs a "like" button on the posts, so that we can just make a little comment how much we enjoy some of them.

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA MHU SH MXP MJP XFP T2BP DJ VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

Now you're comparing ME to a Golden Retriever ...
    Well ... they come in varying shades from very light to very dark; they are smart and sweet, and will keep your feet warm on a cold night.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by 1tulip View Post
    Are you asking if Chesapeakes are represented at the ribbon ceremony in far excess of their % of the retriever population, will they no longer get special consideration?

Pfft!

Don't be ridiculous. Labradors have had the good life. They've hit the lottery in competitive retrieving. Not only should they pay their point tax... they have to pay reparations to all Chesapeakes.
    We need legislation ensuring that Chesapeakes are represented in all ribbon ceremonies and that judges who do not place them shall be subject to monetary sanctions and sensitivity training. Reparations shall include retroactive blue ribbons/qualifying placements and titles to all Chesapeakes that were overlooked in favor of black smooth coated dogs.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    We need legislation ensuring that Chesapeakes are represented in all ribbon ceremonies and that judges who do not place them shall be subject to monetary sanctions and sensitivity training. Reparations shall include retroactive blue ribbons/qualifying placements and titles to all Chesapeakes that were overlooked in favor of black smooth coated dogs.

Does this mean you, Julie, are starting up a seperate party? You know you can rely on Ken's vote, and it looks like several others too. How 'progressive' will you folks be? Are you leaning towards Ron Paul as your standard bearer...because I've always heard when you are robbing Peter to pay Paul, you can always count on complete approval and assistance from Paul.

What's incredibly sad about this entire tongue-in-cheek thread and the fun we are having with it, 1 Tulip has originated an analogy that is all to factual to be 'just' funny.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

nothing is set in stone. imagine some scandal about Julie breaking the night before the erection.
    It's one of the reason I never vote early/absentee. Unless I actually need to be absent.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    nothing is set in stone. imagine some scandal about Julie breaking the night before the erection.
    It's one of the reason I never vote early/absentee. Unless I actually need to be absent.

Is this something that goes on only occasionaly in the north woods? or did you mean Election?
    Bill Davis

I disagree that there needs to be a change. The chessy folks just need to step to the plate & do the job W/O Affirmative Action.

I have fond memories of Eloise with 70+ stitches in her arms when she went in the crate after Tiger, but her dogs competed with the best of them. & Hans Kuck's little dog thought he was a labrador, what a performer. & I didn't see them all, apparently IRC had a contingent of loyal chessie people before my time in the sport.

So I represent the other side, who believes you need to get better hiring practices. But the damn things do stink when wet .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I'm thinking it has to be the Chessies who deface trial grounds with all that gang-graffiti. I've heard it said they can't win the FT, but they'll win the fight afterwards.

Just kidding, just kidding! Why... some of my best friends are Chessies. I mean, they're fine dogs and all. Wouldn't want my little girl to marry one, you know... but... I'm not prejudiced or anything. Long as they know they're place and all. I'm just sayin'

Hey, Any one here know what dog was the first FC retriever? How about the first DC retriever? What breed dominated the Trials before the labs got their affirmative action imposed by the blind retrieve?

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by tim bonnema View Post
    Hey, Any one here know what dog was the first FC retriever? How about the first DC retriever? What breed dominated the Trials before the labs got their affirmative action imposed by the blind retrieve?

Just saying.
    FC? DC?

Or AC/DC?