The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Protection by Police at It's Finest

Banned

Red face Protection by Police at It's Finest

It started off with a police scanner call: There was a 400 pound pig on the loose at a Conoco gas station in Spokane Valley. Following the double takes, the disbelief and chorus of "Did I hear that correctly?" it was confirmed: There was a pig on the loose in Spokane Valley.
    Not a moose, which would be fairly common for this area, but a big pig.
    A Montana woman, Pam Lane, had driven to the Spokane area to pick up the pig and take it back home in her minivan. According to Pam at some point as she was preparing to get back on Interstate 90 and head home the pig went ballistic in the back of her minivan.
    Lane pulled over near the Conoco gas station located at the intersection of Pines and Mission and it was at this point the pig decided to make a getaway and busted out a back window of the minivan, climbed out and began to scamper around the gas station and through the streets, creating a traffic hazard.
    At this point a Washington State Patrol trooper arrived on the scene to help attempt to subdue the pig.
    At first the trooper tried to lasso the pig, but was unsuccessful in corralling it.
    So the trooper drew his taser and fired it at the pig. The pig was unfazed by the taser and continued to run around.
    Finally the trooper, as a last resort and at Lane's request, drew his service weapon and opened fire, shooting and killing the pig.
    The pig was so big, a tow truck was called to the scene and several men helped hoist the pig back into the minivan. Lane said she's going to keep him and take him back home to Montana.

a hog don't get to 400 lbs without seeing a feed pail once or twice.
    hogs are smarter than cows and it seems one or two mini van drivers and cops as well. a couple inches of corn in a bucket would have brought that pig right in. gosh the world is full of stupid people. My Dad's Boar used to drink "Big Mouth Beer" the bottles had a very big cap, and "PP" the pig was named PP, would run 'cross the lawn to meet my Dad quicker than I would....
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

She's silly to take that dead pig to Montana, although she could turn it into a project to get her money back and then some. She needs to invest in a winch and a tommy-lift for her van, so she can load and unload that carcass by herself. Then she could begin a legit "rent-a-pig" business.

All she'd need to do is contact the various cities fighting to keep mosques from being built in their towns. She can haul that hog to the proposed site, and drag it around that ground, and head out to the next location, ending at 'Ground Zero' in NYC. Wonder what the objecters would pay to have that heavyweight oinker buried at the suggested site of that mosque?

This could be the start of a self-employed business. I've considered doing it myself, except I have no minivan, or available hog.

With all the options Ken mentioned, that were no doubt never considered, and like Ken stated, pigs are a lot smarter than a cow, do you suppose after discovering what the Troopers were intending to do, it became quite disgruntled?

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.