The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the new world order.

Default Welcome to the new world order.

Welcome to the new world order Middle America. Made possible by a Corporation near you.

KUSA - The housing market may be in a slump, but there are certainly some good buys if you have the money. It seems mansions are big business just about everywhere in the country. Sales for luxury homes are up, and they're outpacing the rest of the market.
    San Jose, CA, has seen a 27 percent spike. In Nashville, sales of million dollar homes are up 13 percent. And in Washington D.C., the high end surge is 20 percent.
    The problem is, the rest of the housing market is struggling, especially homes considered moderately priced.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

I guess I don't understand the point of the post. Is it good or bad that at least one segment of the housing market is turning around? What is the point?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I don't think it's necessarily good or bad. With the real estate market depressed, those with the wherewithal and inclination to buy are in a great position. One can get twice the house today for the same money you could have bought 5 years ago. The same applies whether your budget is $100K or $1M.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I guess I don't understand the point of the post. Is it good or bad that at least one segment of the housing market is turning around? What is the point?

Should be obvious, Joe. He rails against anyone with money. The class envy just drips from his posts.

Like most libs, they might work for a corporation, but they hate every minute of it...they just never make enough, or don't have enough bennies, or have been passed by for a promotion they were sure they should have gotten, just because they have more time in grade, etc., etc., etc.

Then again, he may just be upset his hut on Green Mountain, much like the brother of the POTUS..."hut sweet hut"...hasn't appreciated in value as much as he was expecting. Not much market in the land of Sasquatch.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Should be obvious, Joe. He rails against anyone with money. The class envy just drips from his posts.

Like most libs, they might work for a corporation, but they hate every minute of it...they just never make enough, or don't have enough bennies, or have been passed by for a promotion they were sure they should have gotten, just because they have more time in grade, etc., etc., etc.

Then again, he may just be upset his hut on Green Mountain, much like the brother of the POTUS..."hut sweet hut"...hasn't appreciated in value as much as he was expecting. Not much market in the land of Sasquatch.

UB
    Lost is a HE? Damn I never would have guessed
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    Welcome to the new world order Middle America. Made possible by a Corporation near you.

KUSA - The housing market may be in a slump, but there are certainly some good buys if you have the money. It seems mansions are big business just about everywhere in the country. Sales for luxury homes are up, and they're outpacing the rest of the market.
    San Jose, CA, has seen a 27 percent spike. In Nashville, sales of million dollar homes are up 13 percent. And in Washington D.C., the high end surge is 20 percent.
    The problem is, the rest of the housing market is struggling, especially homes considered moderately priced.
    Is this the same San Jose that is about to go into bankruptcy?

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- San Jose's mayor says the city must declare a state of fiscal emergency in the face of skyrocketing pension costs and the planned layoffs of hundreds of municipal workers, including police officers and firefighters, to close a $115 million budget deficit.

Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post

San Jose, CA, has seen a 27 percent spike. In Nashville, sales of million dollar homes are up 13 percent. And in Washington D.C., the high end surge is 20 percent. The problem is, the rest of the housing market is struggling, especially homes considered moderately priced.
    WOW!!!!

I wonder where those fine folks buying those expensive homes in D.C work???

OOOOOOPS!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by T. Mac View Post
    Is this the same San Jose that is about to go into bankruptcy?
    Most of CA is in "fiscal emergency"! Have been for a many years. Democrats rule this state and they still don't get it as having elected a proven failed democratic governor again with a democratic legislature. The state is ruled by the SF bay area and the LA area. It is lost...

I want to move out of state so bad!!!

Waiting for my wife to retire regards,

BHB
    Ahhhh, the smell of a bay dog... nothin finer!

One who lives this life without plans for eternity may appear to be wise for the moment but a fool forever.

Our lives are not made by the dreams we dream but by the choices we make.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American
    Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American
    Indian." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by BHB View Post
    Most of CA is in "fiscal emergency"! Have been for a many years. Democrats rule this state and they still don't get it as having elected a proven failed democratic governor again with a democratic legislature. The state is ruled by the SF bay area and the LA area. It is lost...

I want to move out of state so bad!!!

Waiting for my wife to retire regards,

BHB
    California hasn't had a Governor worth a damn since Wilson in the early 1990's.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    California hasn't had a Governor worth a damn since Wilson in the early 1990's.
    I left in '95....but the population and demographics have changed dramatically in the last 15-20 yrs...the Hispanic and Asian populations have surpassed that of any other demographic and are no longer the minority, but the majority
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"