The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome to the new world order.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    WOW!!!!

I wonder where those fine folks buying those expensive homes in D.C work???

OOOOOOPS!!!

RK
    Well I can say I live in that area and am sure I do not own a "expensive home". Why does this turn into a Government employees are over paid thread? Or all people in that area are paid too much! Might be all the expensive lobby group people, or the politicians who make a great deal of money on the side with business ownership or taking some money... who are buying the houses, I know of a local business man who used to own a large chain repair shop who sold it, and now owns several of those style homes, maybe he made too much money in the deal.

On that same note, should someone who does intel work, or engineering work, make 30k a year? 50k? 80k? Just curious what the acceptable salary is for these kinds of jobs?

I say the same thing to everyone who thinks someone else is overpaid, why don't you do that job for less than? Or if you are underpaid why not pick a new career?
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    Well I can say I live in that area and am sure I do not own a "expensive home". Why does this turn into a Government employees are over paid thread? Or all people in that area are paid too much! Might be all the expensive lobby group people, or the politicians who make a great deal of money on the side with business ownership or taking some money... who are buying the houses, I know of a local business man who used to own a large chain repair shop who sold it, and now owns several of those style homes, maybe he made too much money in the deal.

On that same note, should someone who does intel work, or engineering work, make 30k a year? 50k? 80k? Just curious what the acceptable salary is for these kinds of jobs?

I say the same thing to everyone who thinks someone else is overpaid, why don't you do that job for less than? Or if you are underpaid why not pick a new career?
    Different areas different pay. I made roughly 35% more when I lived in the DC area than I do now. Same job different location, different cost of living. While I made more up there I had far less left after bills.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post

I didn't say anyone was overpaid.
    I was responding to this post;
    Welcome to the new world order Middle America. Made possible by a Corporation near you.

KUSA - The housing market may be in a slump, but there are certainly some good buys if you have the money. It seems mansions are big business just about everywhere in the country. Sales for luxury homes are up, and they're outpacing the rest of the market.
    San Jose, CA, has seen a 27 percent spike. In Nashville, sales of million dollar homes are up 13 percent. And in Washington D.C., the high end surge is 20 percent.
    The problem is, the rest of the housing market is struggling, especially homes considered moderately priced.
    This indicates a new world order due to the "RICH" corporation employees buying expensive homes.

I simply asked what the people in D C who are buying these homes do for a living.

I think you answered my question very clearly.

Thank you,

RK
    Stan b & Elvis