The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: He!! is freezing over, I agree with a Pelosi sound bite

Default He!! is freezing over, I agree with a Pelosi sound bite

subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Pelosi was quoted:
    "Yes. I think Medicare is on the table. I think Social Security is probably on its own table."

We are listening to every suggestion. But one suggestion we are not open to is the abolishment of Medicare and that's what the Republicans have put forth in their budget. We do not support that. Every initiative that we have where federal dollars are spent must be subjected to scrutiny -- make sure we are getting our money's worth and the public well served. But, abolishing Medicare, that is not on the table."
    How can one make a case for Obama-care and in the same breath talk about reducing or abolishing Medicare?

If Obamacare is to provide health care insurance to those who can't afford it, there are plenty of elderly on Medicare who would not be able to afford care without Medicare and/or Medicaid.

Also, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, when it comes to Medicare, only a portion of the coverage comes from the pay-in over working life. Even with Medicare, I pay a bit over $300/mo to supplement Medicare A. So you might say that Medicare is a subsidy, but not a "grant".

Medicaid, of course, is a very separate topic from Medicare.

It does not seem out of hand to subsidize the "working poor." Such people are not just sitting around doing nothing, but for various reasons their skill levels cannot secure work that pays wages that have kept up with increasing cost of living.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.