RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Who Makes The Best Dog Ladder For Boats

21K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Waterfowlgunner 
#1 ·
Looking to purchase a dog ladder for my new boat does anyone have any helpful advise. THANKS

#3 ·
Not sure about the best, but our friends who own two Min Pins and a Pit Bull have a Paws Aboard dog ladder that attaches right to their boats regular ladder. My labs use it if were out in deep water and have no issues walking down or back up. They originally looked into the Skamper Ramp, but were told by a rep from the company selling the product that it requires specific fitting on boats to hold the larger dogs weight and were told to look into the Paws Aboard product instead.

#7 ·
I have nade 5 or so and like my last one OK- it stores well- is fairly light- easy to hook up and will stay with me even if knocked off deck mount- that said gator trax the boat folks used to make a good light unit but Ican check with buddy about his if you don't find what you want- just be sure there is some cable of rope wetc to keep from losing it if it pops off mounts.

#11 ·
We are in the process of that (building a custom) ,but without a bender and a way to weld the aluminum, we are looking at modifying a hang on tree stand. Where we need the ladder it is at an odd angle of the boat, but before I proceeded I thought I'd ask the RTF community.

Kwiklabs, does the one you posted have adjustable legs on the bottom side, that rest agaisnt the boat ?

#13 ·
"Kwiklabs, does the one you posted have adjustable legs on the bottom side, that rest against the boat?"

No, the ramp bracket is specifically welded to fit the gunnels. Once mounted the ladder is very stable and smoothly rotates up or down depending on the water depth. However, it cannot be removed without significant, reverse rotation. The design is probably not anything like you are looking for.

#15 ·
Does anyone know of a dog boat ladder available for a 23ft. sportfish with twin outboards?

#16 ·
On my blog (waterfowlgunner.blogspot.com), I posted 3 blogs entitled "Duck Dogs and Ladders", "Part 2" and "Part 3". The original post is about the northern flight ladder that my dog just loves. Part 2 is about a lighter and better ladder, and Part 3 is about how this manufacturer sells extenders that I needed as I upgraded to a bigger boat. Check it out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.