The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tri Tronics Tracer light

Default Tri Tronics Tracer light

Having problems with mine .. contacted customer svc. and haven't heard back yet (the weekend so I am not surprised).

Keeps getting "stuck" on, or won't turn on ... took it apart, connections are good, etc.... anyone else using these lights. I liked to for the 24 hours (one evening) I did have it , an, I went and ordered two more for my other collars... now this one is having problems...!

Any feedback if you use them would be cool - likes or issues, thanks!
    Danielle R. Pellicci
    http://www.blackFootkennels.com
    Home of:
    SPICE, MH (11) CD (GN1) RA OA NAJ
    (FC AFC “Cori” X Malli QAA)
    FEATHER, MH QAA
    (FC AFC “Kicker” X “Spice” MH CD RA OA NAJ)
    PENNY, CD BN RN SH
    (FC AFC CAFC “Copper” X “Faith” MH QA2)
    CAPPY
    (2XNAFC FC AFC HOF “Ram” X “Cree”)
    HALO
    (FC AFC “Kicker” X“Spice” MH CD RA OA NAJ)
    TORCH
    (HRCH “Ticket” MH X“Penny” CD BN RN SH)
    &
    RIP: Rhumbline’s Guinness is Good, JH... Miss you every day "Big Man"

We use them almost every night for walking the dog. We have had a couple (white) since about the time they first came out, and have had no issues at all, even with lots of use in the water. They are a blessing for walking a dog in a subdivision, it makes it easy for the drivers to see a dog on the sidewalk and slow down to the speed they should have been driving in the first place.
    Wm. Mark Edwards
    Pascagoula, MS

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH
    SHR Tipsy

Put red tracer on a G2 Pro 500. After about a week of extensive water training with several dogs noticed the collar did not work but the light was on. Had not turned light on at the "A" position of level dial. Found that the light would turn on and off randomly with transmitter set on numbers. Also got shock from charging contacts on collar. Took it apart - no water in unit. Called Tri-Tronics and got first unsatisfactory answer in over 25 years. The light was a freebie in a welcome bag at a Rorem seminar so no purchase involved. Threw the light away and collar is just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by runnindawgz View Post
    Having problems with mine .. contacted customer svc. and haven't heard back yet (the weekend so I am not surprised).

Keeps getting "stuck" on, or won't turn on ... took it apart, connections are good, etc.... anyone else using these lights. I liked to for the 24 hours (one evening) I did have it , an, I went and ordered two more for my other collars... now this one is having problems...!

Any feedback if you use them would be cool - likes or issues, thanks!
    I had trouble with it turning on automatic Sent the light and collar back to TT and works perfect now , that's been over a year ago no problems sense

I have two units, and like others reported here they seem to turn themselves on at times. I haven't been able to find a pattern, but it happens infrequently for me so I didn't bother to send them in.

Love it. Live in a 2 1/2 acre We don't have a fence and no street light. Only way i could find my dog if she is getting too close to the street during the nigh is with the tracer. Easier to see them if they are flashing too. I got a white one using a pro 500 g2, no problem at all
    Hit hard and fast! Don't let them know what hit them til it's over!

Highspeed U-Gotta-B-Warrior***
    Highspeed My Little Princess

Mine seems to turn on if I use the continuous button. I have the flyaway that has two "nick" buttons and one continuous. I just make sure to turn the light off after training because it really drains the battery. Even if you turn the collar off, it continues to flash. I haven't contacted tri tronics about it, I was considering just getting rid of it but I can't find the original screws. I found a waterproof light that I can just put on their regular collars (nite ize spotlit led) and don't really use the e collar anymore for that.

I really like mine......The only thing I have had happen is if I lay it by a cell phone in my truck it would sometimes turn on..

I was just signing on to post a thread about great customer service by TriTronics related to the Tracer light my wife got me for Father's Day, and I see this as the first post. How bizarre.

Anyway, she got me the red Tracer for Tonka, and when I began to assemble it, the threads on one of the long screws were bad. I called TriTronics Tuesday, and today in the mail I got two brand new long screws, free of charge. That's service.

As to the light itself, no issues so far. Turns on and off as it should. *knock, knock, knock on nearest piece of wood*

Oh, and she ordered it from gundogsupply.com and told Steve or whoever that it was a Father's Day present. They shipped it ASAP, and even though they said Monday or Tuesday, it showed up Saturday. (Tonka got me the holster for the transmitter, so I don't pull a Gooser and put it in my back pocket - sorry, Goooser, had to drop the bus on you, that picture was too funny.)

So, in my world, anyway, kudos to TriTronics and to gundogsupply.com for great customer service.

I hope they contact you soon, runnindawgz.

Quote Originally Posted by fuchsr View Post
    I have two units, and like others reported here they seem to turn themselves on at times. I haven't been able to find a pattern, but it happens infrequently for me so I didn't bother to send them in.
    Same here.