The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tri Tronics Tracer light

I've had them turn on or off when my cell phone is near. Other than that I've used two extensively with no malfunctions.

The collar has to be on to turn the light on or off.

Im getting one with my purina points. Which color is the brightest?
    "The more you train smarter, the luckier you get."

a $5 spot-lit works much more reliably for me.

i had one that was a freebie too. it didn't work right. sent the collar back to TT. supposedly problem with the collar unit. got it and a NEW tracer light back. it was flaky too. i took it off and i can not give it away.

dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Mikehill9487 View Post
    Im getting one with my purina points. Which color is the brightest?
    White is the brightest.
    Wm. Mark Edwards
    Pascagoula, MS

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH
    SHR Tipsy

I love mine

I have the blue one, and I love it. I chose blue because it's not a common light color that I encounter when I'm out. Red and white, are too common. I'm glad I went with the blue one.

Melissa
    SR Terlingua's Roaring Pride JH WCX

You have to watch what setting your receiver is on cause if you hit a button it will turn on. Sometimes when I turn the collar off the light will stay on. So make sure the collar is on before you turn the light off. Once the light is off then turn the collar off. My dogs are rough on their equipment and these lights have worked well for me... but for lights I really like the Tracker lights that slip on the collar.

Quick update on my woes:

Tritronics contacted me (maybe because they saw this discussion thread) and asked me to send my system in for diagnosis. They didn't find anything wrong with receivers or tracer lights but thought there was something not quite right with the transmitter. So I agreed to upgrade to a G3 transmitter. When my system arrived (old receivers and lights, new transmitter), I tested it right away by pressing a stimulation button and guess what -- the tracer light went on Actually -- and here it gets really weird -- I was able to make the lights go on on one receiver even though it was turned off ). Obviously, it is not something trivial that Tritronics can easily diagnose.

I must admit that all tjos obviously didn't make me very happy. Frankly, at this point I have given up on the tracer lights. I have a request in to Tritronics to send me the short screws I need to reattach the battery after removing the lights, and hope they will send them to me quickly, considering that I just bought a new transmitter that didn't solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fuchsr View Post
    Quick update on my woes:

Tritronics contacted me (maybe because they saw this discussion thread) and asked me to send my system in for diagnosis. They didn't find anything wrong with receivers or tracer lights but thought there was something not quite right with the transmitter. So I agreed to upgrade to a G3 transmitter. When my system arrived (old receivers and lights, new transmitter), I tested it right away by pressing a stimulation button and guess what -- the tracer light went on Actually -- and here it gets really weird -- I was able to make the lights go on on one receiver even though it was turned off ). Obviously, it is not something trivial that Tritronics can easily diagnose.

I must admit that all tjos obviously didn't make me very happy. Frankly, at this point I have given up on the tracer lights. I have a request in to Tritronics to send me the short screws I need to reattach the battery after removing the lights, and hope they will send them to me quickly, considering that I just bought a new transmitter that didn't solve the problem.
    The Tracer light is designed to work independantly of the receiver. So the receiver can be off and the light can still be activated.

I just stumbled on this thread and am surprised at the number of people having issues. I have one on each of my collars (only 2) and like them. Only real complaint I have has to do with design. Since it's attached the the receiver and I put the received under the neck, so too is the light. So the dog's head blocks a lot of the illumination. Still enough for me to spot them when I air at night and they run off into the trees but not enough I would trust it to attert a passing motorist of the dog's presence.

I walk my dogs early in the morning and have Red, White, and Blue to identify each of them. No issues in three months of use so far, and love being able to tell where each dog is.
    Competition does not build character - It reveals it.

Home of:
    FC/AFC Freeridin Wowie Zowie (2003 NARC Finalist)
    FC/AFC Sky Hy Husker Power
    FC/AFC Freeridin Smooth Operator
    FC/AFC Freeridin Vampire Slayer (2007 NARC Finalist)
    AFC Freeridin Maserati (Double Header Winner)

www.freeridinretrievers.com