The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "I'm a victim" card....

Default The "I'm a victim" card....

There is a repeat pattern that several of those made "read-only" have demonstrated on RTF forums. (as well as elsewhere, I'm sure)

This pattern has several variations, but the general theme is that folks create drama or controversial dialogue to get attention and get folks emotionally reactive. Then, when the originator gets things going in the desired direction, they turn things around to make themselves the poor innocent victim.

This card played, is frequently backed up with the other card that says "Yes, you caught me with my pants down...but He (or she) had their pants down first". Know what? It is irrelevant what someone did prior to you dropping your own drawers, Mr. victim-becomer. You must be accountable for your own words and your own actions on your own two legs.

Please let RTF administration deal with others who can't seem to keep their drawers properly configured.

I'm frankly sad and disappointed, while at the same time relieved that a few of the perpetual drama-creating, victim wanna-be, bad apples have been removed from the active RTF posting roster.

Part of me feels like a failure as I really thought through some ongoing dialogue, second, third, fourth etc. chances, tolerance, and respectful polite requests to modify behavior, that we could get some rehabilitation. But, as the Warden on Coolhand Luke says, What we had here was "failure to communicate".

"Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Atkinson View Post
    There is a repeat pattern that several of those made "read-only" have demonstrated on RTF forums. (as well as elsewhere, I'm sure)

This pattern has several variations, but the general theme is that folks create drama or controversial dialogue to get attention and get folks emotionally reactive. Then, when the originator gets things going in the desired direction, they turn things around to make themselves the poor innocent victim.

This card played, is frequently backed up with the other card that says "Yes, you caught me with my pants down...but He (or she) had their pants down first". Know what? It is irrelevant what someone did prior to you dropping your own drawers, Mr. victim-becomer. You must be accountable for your own words and your own actions on your own two legs.

Please let RTF administration deal with others who can't seem to keep their drawers properly configured.

I'm frankly sad and disappointed, while at the same time relieved that a few of the perpetual drama-creating, victim wanna-be, bad apples have been removed from the active RTF posting roster.

Part of me feels like a failure as I really thought through some ongoing dialogue, second, third, fourth etc. chances, tolerance, and respectful polite requests to modify behavior, that we could get some rehabilitation. But, as the Warden on Coolhand Luke says, What we had here was "failure to communicate".

Thanks for reopening the forum. Hope I never cause youany problems. I expect to never to complain to you. I'm sue you have better things to do.

But, as the Warden on Coolhand Luke says, What we had here was "failure to communicate".

Can we make um "spend a night in the box"?

Thanks, Chris. It is so good to see the forum open again.

But, as the Warden on Coolhand Luke says, What we had here was "failure to communicate".
    .... some men just can't be reached.

Tom
    Tom Wall

Potus Place is a tough place to police with all the name calling, hopefully in the past. It is what folks do when they can't articulate a counterpoint. The name callers are generally "lightweights" to begin with so they are easy to ignore.

Chris, thanks for all you do!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Can we have a picture of the carwash scene please.
    "Perfection is the enemy of good enough" Vince Stone

The 4th is also about our freedom of free speech and respecting differing opinions by our fellow citizens.

Debate helps us discover the truth.

Intolerance and hate weakens rather than strengthens our great nation.

Happy 4th!

May we celebrate 10,000 more!
    Orion Kennels

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Labradors View Post
    The 4th is also about our freedom of free speech and respecting differing opinions by our fellow citizens.

Debate helps us discover the truth.

Intolerance and hate weakens rather than strengthens our great nation.

Happy 4th!

May we celebrate 10,000 more!
    No it's not.

Independence Day is about celebrating the birth of the USA, free from the yoke of the British Empire. The United States Declaration of Independence is a statement adopted by the Continental Congress on July 4, 1776, which announced that the thirteen American colonies then at war with Great Britain were now independent states, and thus no longer a part of the British Empire.

Don't change the meaning to correlate with your social philosophy.

I just wanted to clarify that, though significant, the "victim card" is only second in the deck.

The #1 card of course is the "race" card.

Both of course are followed closely by the "previous bad behavior" card, the "rationalization" card, the "he started is" card and the "name calling" card.

These are used lavishly by the progressives whenever they lose an argument on the merits.
    (which is 100% of the time)

Just tryin to help..........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis