The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The "I'm a victim" card....

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    No it's not.

Independence Day is about celebrating the birth of the USA, free from the yoke of the British Empire. The United States Declaration of Independence is a statement adopted by the Continental Congress on July 4, 1776, which announced that the thirteen American colonies then at war with Great Britain were now independent states, and thus no longer a part of the British Empire.

Don't change the meaning to correlate with your social philosophy.
    Also had a little bit to do with taxation and representation. They had a tea party in Boston over it.

When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.
    Dogs Dog, Handlers Handle, Judges Judge

HRCH Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami MH QAA

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Smith View Post
    Also had a little bit to do with taxation and representation. They had a tea party in Boston over it.

Actually the 4th of July has nothing to do with the Boston Tea Party, which happened sometime in December, I think. The 4th is a celebration of our freedom from English Rule and the establishment of our own country. Taxation and representation are some of the reasons we fought the Revolutionary War.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Rogers View Post
    Actually the 4th of July has nothing to do with the Boston Tea Party, which happened sometime in December, I think. The 4th is a celebration of our freedom from English Rule and the establishment of our own country. Taxation and representation are some of the reasons we fought the Revolutionary War.

Might be a good idea for folks interested to read over the 'timeline' eh?

http://www.boston-tea-party.org/timeline.html

No better time than the 4th to get the facts correct.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I just wanted to clarify that, though significant, the "victim card" is only second in the deck.

The #1 card of course is the "race" card.

Both of course are followed closely by the "previous bad behavior" card, the "rationalization" card, the "he started is" card and the "name calling" card.

These are used lavishly by the progressives whenever they lose an argument on the merits.
    (which is 100% of the time)

Just tryin to help..........

RK

Is this then to be considered an unqualified "second" of the cite?

Are you somewhat in agreement with the OP, and have just expanded on the thought or is this a rebuttal ???

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    Is this then to be considered an unqualified "second" of the cite?

Are you somewhat in agreement with the OP, and have just expanded on the thought or is this a rebuttal ???

john
    I pretty much agree with the OP.

How about you?
    Just helping the folks so as they can score along at home.
    (sitting 8 rows back waiting to see Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow!)

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I pretty much agree with the OP.

How about you?
    Just helping the folks so as they can score along at home.(sitting 8 rows back waiting to see Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow!)

RK

Me??
    Having such a small frame of reference here on the POTUS forum because of my infrequent participation, I need all the help I can get....
    ....but in the overall, I'm rather ambivalent about it .

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 07-04-2011 at 12:06 AM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Chris

Thanks for opening the forum.

Joe
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.