The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 71

Thread: OK....

  1. #1
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,570

    Default OK....

    I'll try to be polite.

    With everyone trying to walk on eggs, I'll try to open a political dicussion.

    There are a slew of republican candidates. I don't want to make this a poll.

    Who would you support as a GOP candidate if the primary was held tomorrow?

    Why?

    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  2. #2
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rockwall, TX
    Posts
    5,287

    Default

    JD, your not going to like my answer, but here goes. I don't care for any of the current GOP candidates. Having said that, I would prefer any of these idiots over the current POTUS. I truly believe this man with the help of the Senate can (is) do(ing) more harm to this country than any other Democrat. His apparent goal is to bankrupt the country and turn what is remaining into a populace living on the government tit. If you made me pick, I think I would pick Perry. I don't like the SOB but he's my SOB.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  3. #3
    Senior Member BHB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    917

    Default

    I'm not really fond of any of them either but... any one of them would make a fine president other than the one we have now!

    BHB
    Ahhhh, the smell of a bay dog... nothin finer!

    One who lives this life without plans for eternity may appear to be wise for the moment but a fool forever.

    Our lives are not made by the dreams we dream but by the choices we make.

    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American
    Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American
    Indian." Henry Ford

  4. #4
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    JD, your not going to like my answer, but here goes. I don't care for any of the current GOP candidates. Having said that, I would prefer any of these idiots over the current POTUS. I truly believe this man with the help of the Senate can (is) do(ing) more harm to this country than any other Democrat. His apparent goal is to bankrupt the country and turn what is remaining into a populace living on the government tit. If you made me pick, I think I would pick Perry. I don't like the SOB but he's my SOB.
    ...and your choice, sir, is certainly your choice. I do not choose to defend BHO and the dems. I condem all who have brought us to this point.

    My question lies in who you would choose to replace our most imperfect with, and why?

    Perry?
    Again...Why?
    Just anybody but... does not explain the why.

    Hugh
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Who would you support as a GOP candidate if the primary was held tomorrow?

    Why?

    JD
    I think a better question would be - who would you not support, which is most of them .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  6. #6
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rockwall, TX
    Posts
    5,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    ...and your choice, sir, is certainly your choice. I do not choose to defend BHO and the dems. I condem all who have brought us to this point.

    My question lies in who you would choose to replace our most imperfect with, and why?

    Perry?
    Again...Why?
    Just anybody but... does not explain the why.

    Hugh
    Because I'm familiar with him and he is a Lab person. Weak reasons I admit, but I really don't know squat about the others running other than:

    Romney out because of health care.
    Newt out because he's a bigger egotist than Obama and a flake.
    Pawlenty out because he didn't go after Romney when he had the chance.
    Palin out not strong enough, lack of experience.
    Cain out because of lack of experience.
    Paul out because of age. Yes I said it. Age
    Bachmann out because I 'm not sure she can win.
    Santorum out because I don't know enough about him.

    These may not be good reasons but they are my reasons. Hopefully, there is someone in the wood pile who will surface and become a strong front runner but I can't imagine anyone smart enough to do a good job being dumb enough to take it.

    Who's your pick?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  7. #7
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Because I'm familiar with him and he is a Lab person. Weak reasons I admit, but I really don't know squat about the others running other than:

    Romney out because of health care.
    Newt out because he's a bigger egotist than Obama and a flake.
    Pawlenty out because he didn't go after Romney when he had the chance.
    Palin out not strong enough, lack of experience.
    Cain out because of lack of experience.
    Paul out because of age. Yes I said it. Age
    Bachmann out because I 'm not sure she can win.
    Santorum out because I don't know enough about him.

    These may not be good reasons but they are my reasons. Hopefully, there is someone in the wood pile who will surface and become a strong front runner but I can't imagine anyone smart enough to do a good job being dumb enough to take it.

    Who's your pick?
    My former gov. Gary Johnson. JD
    But I'll admit, he's a way long shot.
    Last edited by JDogger; 07-02-2011 at 12:31 AM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,251

    Default

    Never Santorum...........Dog bills he keeps backing are not the product of a good mind.

    Not Palin this time. Never newt. Most of the current front runners are nothing that I would have picked for the job. I need to hear more from all of them except the ones that I have mentioned. Those that I mentioned will never be back on my list.

  9. #9
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Dick Lugar, but he is too smart to run.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  10. #10
    Senior Member twall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Cain out because of lack of experience.
    I'm not sure that is true. You could qualify it by saying political experience.

    I think Cain has more important experience than most of the other candidates. It is a long time until I get to vote and I have a lot to learn about the candidates. To turn this country around we need to make profound changes to the way we are doing things. Recycling people just because they have experience in politics is going to get us basically the same results that got us here!

    Tom
    Tom Wall

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •