The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 71

Thread: OK....

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Because I'm familiar with him and he is a Lab person. Weak reasons I admit, but I really don't know squat about the others running other than:

    Romney out because of health care.
    Newt out because he's a bigger egotist than Obama and a flake.
    Pawlenty out because he didn't go after Romney when he had the chance.
    Palin out not strong enough, lack of experience.
    Cain out because of lack of experience.
    Paul out because of age. Yes I said it. Age
    Bachmann out because I 'm not sure she can win.
    Santorum out because I don't know enough about him.

    These may not be good reasons but they are my reasons. Hopefully, there is someone in the wood pile who will surface and become a strong front runner but I can't imagine anyone smart enough to do a good job being dumb enough to take it.

    Who's your pick?
    Chris Cristy as Pres and Herman Caine for VP. I know Chris says he won't run but it aint over til the fat lady sings. Herman would be the pit bull and could go after Obama for all his predictions and results. It would be funny to see the libs call him racist, maybe they would just call him the white man's houseboy. yes I know Herman has no gov. experience but look where political experience has gotten us.

    Wonder what the dems will do if the economy takes a severe downturn? Somebody challenge Obama? Maybe Cuomo of NY? looks like he has read the numbers and he is cutting in NY.

    Plenty to attack Obama with. He said unemployment would not go over 8% if stimulus bill passed. It hasn't been below (% since it passed. He said credit card interest rates would drop and bank fees would drop if the finantial bill passed. Credit card interest went up 11% the first month and bank fees have increased. He said that if Obamacare passed and you had health insurance, you could keep it and that insurance premiums would go down. Over 2000 waivers and still many will lose their health insurance and premiums have gone through the roof. This is just the start of what he has said and what has happened. You know all these racist things but what if Herman Caine says them?

  2. #12
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,186

    Default

    It's the same question you have been asking for the last 2 months... got a new one?
    Bill Davis

  3. #13
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Dick Lugar, but he is too smart to run.

    Hey!...thar ya go...One of the real RINO's...sort of an OBAMA lite. He's never known a pile of pork he wouldn't love to wallow in.

    He should run for POTUS, because there's an excellant chance he won't be returning to the Senate.

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Clay Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Leggett, NC
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I'll try to be polite.

    With everyone trying to walk on eggs, I'll try to open a political dicussion.

    There are a slew of republican candidates. I don't want to make this a poll.

    Who would you support as a GOP candidate if the primary was held tomorrow?

    Why?

    JD


    Hey JD, I have a question for you. If the general election was tomorrow, would you vote to re-elect Obama? Why or why not?
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq


    Every day should be Veteran's day.


    "They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Rogers View Post
    Hey JD, I have a question for you. If the general election was tomorrow, would you vote to re-elect Obama? Why or why not?
    Good luck on getting a straight answer

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hubert NC
    Posts
    500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Rogers View Post
    Hey JD, I have a question for you. If the general election was tomorrow, would you vote to re-elect Obama? Why or why not?
    As usual the original question can not be answered. It is re-directed to stir the pot. If you want to change the subject line than start your own post. This is the way POTUS got shut down last time.

    Richard

  7. #17
    Senior Member Clay Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Leggett, NC
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    As usual the original question can not be answered. It is re-directed to stir the pot. If you want to change the subject line than start your own post. This is the way POTUS got shut down last time.

    Richard

    Not stirring the pot at all. Asking a simple question, on the same subject line as the OP.

    As far as who I would vote for and why, out of the current or proposed republican canidates, none of them. They all lack something that the POTUS needs, leadership ability. Now if Christy wants to change his mind and run, he will get my vote. But until one of these canidates shows some leadership ability, the field is looking pretty thin, and that includes the current POTUS as well.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq


    Every day should be Veteran's day.


    "They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hubert NC
    Posts
    500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Rogers View Post
    Not stirring the pot at all. Asking a simple question, on the same subject line as the OP.

    As far as who I would vote for and why, out of the current or proposed republican canidates, none of them. They all lack something that the POTUS needs, leadership ability. Now if Christy wants to change his mind and run, he will get my vote. But until one of these canidates shows some leadership ability, the field is looking pretty thin, and that includes the current POTUS as well.
    You have answered the original question.

    Richard

  9. #19
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    7,404

    Default

    Cain -- lack of political experience, but knows how to balance a budget! How could he have less experience than Obama was elected with?

    He will be faulted because he reduced the workforce to make Godfather Pizza turn around. As President he could make some decisions that are unpopular with a lot of people.

    He is faulted for his tenure with the Federal Reserve. But who better to know how that behemoth works? More experience, I'm sure, than Obama has/had on that score.

    Can't win because of lack of name recognition? Who was Obama in 2006? (just 2 years before he was elected). Who expected him to win the nomination over Hillary?

    We keep electing those with political experience ... hasn't worked out that well.

    The freshman Congressmen have been faulted for failing to go along with the entrenched establishment. God bless 'em! Need more of that.

    He needs more foreign policy knowledge. We can see that Obama was pretty lacking there, and hasn't done real well in learning. Cain will need to do better in choosing his "tutors".

    One thing is for sure ... he knows what it means to earn a living. That is a factor that has been notably missing in our Presidents for a l-o-n-g time.

    I like this guy. Is he perfect? Probably not ... but at least he has some character. He and Allen West could make quite a team. Not to mention that both could make for interesting debates. Can you imagine West debating Biden?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Andy Symons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Coal City, Illinois
    Posts
    278

    Default

    I like Cain, but not sure he's electable. Some of you need to dig into Christie's voting/support record. Can you say RINO?
    "Perfection is the enemy of good enough" Vince Stone
    GRHRCH UH Slammers Bullet From Nowhere MH**

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •