The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fastest Growing Political Affiliation

Default Fastest Growing Political Affiliation

Just an example below of how both political parties are broken. Fox Buisness News (not to be confused with Fox News Channel) did a story earlier that Independents and Libertarians are the fastest growing groups that the American voter can identify with. Mainly because both parties are responsible of the current mess and that people now more than ever are voting for whom they think are the best candidates as opposed to voting along party lines.

Republicans are doing the squawking now because there is a Democrat in the White House. But back when there was a Republican president, Democrats did the squawking. On March 16, 2006, one Democratic senator denounced George W. Bush’s request to raise the debt limit. “The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure,” the senator thundered. “Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. . . . Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren.”

That senator was Barack Obama, and he, along with most Democrats, voted against a higher limit that day. It passed only because almost every Republican voted for it, including many who are now among the strongest opponents of a debt-limit increase.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Just an example below of how both political parties are broken. Fox Buisness News (not to be confused with Fox News Channel) did a story earlier that Independents and Libertarians are the fastest growing groups that the American voter can identify with. Mainly because both parties are responsible of the current mess and that people now more than ever are voting for whom they think are the best candidates as opposed to voting along party lines.

Republicans are doing the squawking now because there is a Democrat in the White House. But back when there was a Republican president, Democrats did the squawking. On March 16, 2006, one Democratic senator denounced George W. Bush’s request to raise the debt limit. “The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure,” the senator thundered. “Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. . . . Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren.”

That senator was Barack Obama, and he, along with most Democrats, voted against a higher limit that day. It passed only because almost every Republican voted for it, including many who are now among the strongest opponents of a debt-limit increase.
    Ahem... it's owned by one and the same... becoming a convert eh, Franco??
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post

Ahem... it's owned by one and the same... becoming a convert eh, Franco??
    Same owner, different agendas. Fox News is the voice for the Republican Party whereas Fox Buisness' host are mostly Libertarians.

Libertarians and Independents are free to call out any politician regardless of party.

I've moved to the Libertarian camp when it became clear to me that the GOP stood for big Federal government and massive out-of-control spending.

And, I blame both parties for the massive deficit, massive earmarks/pork projects and catering to the lobbyist.

P S
    Anyone watch Stossel last night on Fox Business? He did an excellent piece on how the American tax payers have become "serfs" to the Federal Government Class. He also did a great interview with Ron Paul.
    Last edited by Franco; 07-08-2011 at 11:07 AM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Same owner, different agendas. Fox News is the voice for the Republican Party whereas Fox Buisness' host are mostly Libertarians.

Libertarians and Independents are free to call out any politician regardless of party.

I've moved to the Libertarian camp when it became clear to me that the GOP stood for big Federal government and massive out-of-control spending.

And, I blame both parties for the massive deficit, massive earmarks/pork projects and catering to the lobbyist.

P S
    Anyone watch Stossel last night on Fox Business? He did an excellent piece on how the American tax payers have become "serfs" to the Federal Government Class. He also did a great interview with Ron Paul.
    Ron Paul could burp the National Anthem and you would think it was great.
    Bill Davis

Ron Paul could burp the National Anthem and you would think it was great.
    Yes, I would!

Just look at all the Presidential wannbes that are saying what Ron Paul has been saying for decades. Yet, none of them have the experience, education or background that Ron Paul has. He is capable of taking the conversation beyond bumper sticker slogans which many of the GOP hopefuls are using.

P S
    I'm shocked, I had no idea.....when did this happen???

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Yes, I would!

Just look at all the Presidential wannbes that are saying what Ron Paul has been saying for decades. Yet, none of them have the experience, education or background that Ron Paul has. He is capable of taking the conversation beyond bumper sticker slogans which many of the GOP hopefuls are using.
    I think I need a tums...
    Bill Davis

I think I need a tums...
    Faced with the field of GOP Presidential candidates, you are going to need more than Tums.

Ron Paul may be tough to elect but, his message will be with us for a long time to come!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I'm shocked, I had no idea.....when did this happen???

RK
    When I realized that Dr. Ron Paul has the only realistic plan for cutting the deficit and getting the massive spending under control. Afterall, he is the only candidate that has articualted a plan beyond simple slogans.

Though he led the Libertarian charge for years, the system doesn't allow for more than a two party system. So, he is trying to work within the GOP.

He is the Winston Chruchill of our times.
    Chruchill was discounted by the political establishment until it became clear that he was the most quailifed to lead.

Discount him all you want but he is the only non-politicain citizen-legislature in the bunch, both parties.

I expect the fastest growing political affiliation is those that claim to be independent but really lean conservative.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.