The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fastest Growing Political Affiliation

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post

I expect the fastest growing political affiliation is those that claim to be independent but really lean conservative.
    True, that's is what they were saying on Fox Business News. Those folks feel betrayed by the GOP especially when you see how hard they are fighting to keep thier earmarks/pork in place during the debt ceiling fight.

Another point they made is, what does Conservative mean today? When the Conservative movement began, it meant smaller Fed Government, Free Market Economy, more personal freedom and being fiscally responsible. Qualities that have left the GOP. Yet, now we have those points as a ralling cry of the GOP but, are they serious? Can we trust them? All the Presidential wannabes(except Ron Paul) were big spending, more Fed government intrusion and now they say they are different.

I think they just jumped on to the bandwagon ralling for a smaller Fed Government because it has become so popular to say so(except Ron Paul who has always believed in a smaller Fed Government and mandatory balanced budget).

Of the GOP wannabes, only Dr Ron Paul was against intervention in Iraq and A'stan. Two wars that have cost us over 4,000 dead and 3 TRILLION borrowed dollars and has upset the balance of power in the mideast. One reason Iran is so out of control today is because we have neutered Iraq.
    Last edited by Franco; 07-08-2011 at 01:40 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I expect the fastest growing political affiliation is those that claim to be independent but really lean conservative.
    Tough to reconcile that with the fact that the fastest growing population in the US is the Hispanics.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post

Tough to reconcile that with the fact that the fastest growing population in the US is the Hispanics.
    Other than they are for open boarders, they are a pretty conservative group. Most of the older ones are devout in thier religion and live conservative lives. Not to say there aren't some bad apples, La Raza and the street gangs etc.

But, lets face it, both parties have been pandering to them for a long time. Pres Reagan declared Amnesty and both Bushes did nothing to stem the tide of illegal migration.

Once our politicans have the courage to write and implement tougher boarder security, the Dems will get most of the legal immigrants' votes because they see the Dems as a free ticket to USA citizenship.

P S
    I am in the process of building a new house. The Framing contactor had a crew of what I beleive to be illegals working for him. Ten of them worhed 12.5 hours a day for 10 days straight to get the house framing done. I asked my General Contactor about it and he said their isn't an Anglo or African American framing crew between Florida and California in the south. And, if he could find one it would take a much longer time to get the job done and probably wouldn't be done as well as the Mexicans. I saw another Mexican crew build a Walgreens in 6 weeks!
    Last edited by Franco; 07-08-2011 at 02:05 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

not when you consider that most hispanics are conservative...

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Other than they are for open boarders, they are a pretty conservative group. Most of the older ones are devout in thier religion and live conservative lives. Not to say there aren't some bad apples, La Raza and the street gangs etc.

But, lets face it, both parties have been pandering to them for a long time. Pres Reagan declared Amnesty and both Bushes did nothing to stem the tide of illegal migration.

Once our politicans have the courage to write and implement tougher boarder security, the Dems will get most of the legal immigrants' votes because they see the Dems as a free ticket to USA citizenship.

P S
    I am in the process of building a new house. The Framing contactor had a crew of what I beleive to be illegals working for him. Ten of them worhed 12.5 hours a day for 10 days straight to get the house framing done. I asked my General Contactor about it and he said their isn't an Anglo or African American framing crew between Florida and California in the south. And, if he could find one it would take a much longer time to get the job done and probably wouldn't be done as well as the Mexicans. I saw another Mexican crew build a Walgreens in 6 weeks!
    Open boarders would be surfers willing to listen to other points of view. Open borders allow anyone that wants to cross into our country whenever they want. just trying to help.

By the way, how much did you pay that contractor to frame your house Franco?
    Last edited by huntinman; 07-08-2011 at 02:23 PM.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    not when you consider that most hispanics are conservative...

Huh...not the ones on the west coast, all the one I work with are so brainwashed by the union mentality, they will protest at the drop of a hat and join a picket line without knowing what they picketing about, they actually believe the union will guarantee their jobs and take care of them

....but they scatter like roaches when the light comes on if someone yells
    I N S
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Huh...not the ones on the west coast, all the one I work with are so brainwashed by the union mentality, they will protest at the drop of a hat and join a picket line without knowing what they picketing about, they actually believe the union will guarantee their jobs and take care of them

....but they scatter like roaches when the light comes on if someone yells
    I N S
    Living in the northwest and working in the apple industry I know what you mean! BUT, a poll that was taken last year showed that 58% of hispanics lean conservative.

I think we oversimplify when we try to attribute anything to "hispanics". That encompasses a huge group of people from many different backgrounds.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    I think we oversimplify when we try to attribute anything to "hispanics". That encompasses a huge group of people from many different backgrounds.

Good point Matt...in Fla have the Cuban, Puerto Rican influence...in TX/La. the hispanic population are actually 2nd and 3rd generation natives, and then out west you have the 2nd and 3rd generation whose folks were of questionable immigration status but had kids who became automatic citizens
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Your contractor if full of sh!t. What he REALLY is telling you is that he can't find a crew of LEGAL workers who will do the work for a price you the customer are willing to pay. And what you REALLY said to him when you accepted his bullsh!t excuse was, "damn right...give me the cheapest labor you can and I don't give a sh!t if they're legal or not." You're going to be jumping for joy when you see your GC's roofers and drywallers.

You should probably never again complain about illegal immigration or repeat that Savage nonsense about "borders, culture, language."
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.