The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fastest Growing Political Affiliation

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Your contractor if full of sh!t. What he REALLY is telling you is that he can't find a crew of LEGAL workers who will do the work for a price you the customer are willing to pay. And what you REALLY said to him when you accepted his bullsh!t excuse was, "damn right...give me the cheapest labor you can and I don't give a sh!t if they're legal or not." You're going to be jumping for joy when you see your GC's roofers and drywallers.

You should probably never again complain about illegal immigration or repeat that Savage nonsense about "borders, culture, language."
    Wrong again!

The estimate for Framing was in the Contractor's estimate. At $15 per square foot, it is high but the builder is in demand and gets his price. I could have gotten a builder to do it for $12 per foot but I went with the builder that is in demand.

I have yet to see a non-hispanic crew do any building in Louisiana other then the plumbers, AC and electricians.

Unlike most of Florida, home values in this town were up nearly 3% last year.
    Last edited by Franco; 07-08-2011 at 04:20 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Wrong again!

The estimate for Framing was in the Contractor's estimate. At $15 per square foot, it is high but the builder is in demand and gets his price. I could have gotten a builder to do it for $12 per foot but I went with the builder that is in demand.

I have yet to see a non-hispanic crew do any building in Louisiana other then the plumbers, AC and electricians.

Unlike most of Florida, home values in this town were up nearly 3% last year.
    Oh, I see. Alrighty, then. He's such a good builder that he just has to hire illegal immigrants and charge more for his work. Makes sense to me. And it must make sense to you to the extent that you can rationalize years of ranting about illegal immigrants on this forum and then turn around and hire illegal immigrants to work on your own house. Illegal immigration is bad when others benefit, but OK when you benefit. Sleeep tight.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Oh, I see. Alrighty, then. He's such a good builder that he just has to hire illegal immigrants and charge more for his work. Makes sense to me. And it must make sense to you to the extent that you can rationalize years of ranting about illegal immigrants on this forum and then turn around and hire illegal immigrants to work on your own house. Illegal immigration is bad when others benefit, but OK when you benefit. Sleeep tight.
    Wrong yet again!

There are no other framing crews in this part of the world. It is a lot of work to frame and the locals take on easier jobs. If you want a new house one is going to get some Hispanic labor, there is no way around it!

I've stated in this thread as well as others that I am against illegal migration.

I am all for securing the borders but, our government is not. So until they are secured, Hispanic labor is in abundance. I didn't know who was going to show up for the framing job, they were hired by my General Contractor. The head Mexican drives a late model King Ranch. His helpers showed up in three new Ceby pickups. I don't think any of them are hurting for cash. The drank Modelo at the end of the day and not cheap domestic beer. I know because I brought them a case of iced down Coors Light at the end of one day and they thanked me and broke out thier Modelo.

P S

They also work very neat. Didn't have a lot of building debris left around the house when they were done. I was impressed!
    Last edited by Franco; 07-08-2011 at 05:01 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Wrong yet again!

There are no other framing crews in this part of the world. It is a lot of work to frame and the locals take on easier jobs. If you want a new house one is going to get some Hispanic labor, there is no way around it!

I've stated in this thread as well as others that I am against illegal migration.

I am all for securing the borders but, our government is not. So until they are secured, Hispanic labor is in abundance. I didn't know who was going to show up for the framing job, they were hired by my General Contractor. The head Mexican drives a late model King Ranch. His helpers showed up in three new Ceby pickups. I don't think any of them are hurting for cash. The drank Modelo at the end of the day and not cheap domestic beer. I know because I brought them a case of iced down Coors Light at the end of one day and they thanked me and broke out thier Modelo.

P S

They also work very neat. Didn't have a lot of building debris left around the house when they were done. I was impressed!

you knew what they drank and you still brought the that watered down mountain swill...you could have at least tried Shiner Bock
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

All I know Franco is that either your math is fuzzy or someone is getting screwed. The contractor is working for free if all his illegals are driving new trucks and drinking fancy beer. If not, they are cutting some serious corners and your house is going to fall in on you one night when the wind starts blowing. You brag about that many guys working that hard for that long and they are all riding in style? How many construction crews you see that look like that? Sounds like bullsh#$ to me and I have been around contractors and the RE industry and since 1985.
    Bill Davis

How does anyone know they are illegals?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    All I know Franco is that either your math is fuzzy or someone is getting screwed. The contractor is working for free if all his illegals are driving new trucks and drinking fancy beer. If not, they are cutting some serious corners and your house is going to fall in on you one night when the wind starts blowing. You brag about that many guys working that hard for that long and they are all riding in style? How many construction crews you see that look like that? Sounds like bullsh#$ to me and I have been around contractors and the RE industry and since 1985.
    Bill, I think you extreme right brain has gotten fuzzy!

The General Contrator works off a percentage of the cost. I look the bids over and select a sub from the subs that work for him. When they are done, I pay the subs. The GC gets his percentage in four payments. Each step gets inspected by me. No mortgage company is involved so I can do it this way! This is not a depressed area. Sales taxes are up just about every year including 09 and 10. Until the drilling moritorium we had full employment, which is now just coming back to full. Workers flock to this part of the country because we haven't joined any recession.

So, I know this is hard for you to understand but, no one including the Hispanic labor is being taken advantage of. Too many lucrative construction jobs for them, so they do get paid well.

Sorry to burst your bubble but life is good around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post

How does anyone know they are illegals?
    I can only speculate that they are because they don't speak much American.

Rationalization--the 2nd strongest human drive!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Bill, I think you extreme right brain has gotten fuzzy!

The General Contrator works off a percentage of the cost. I look the bids over and select a sub from the subs that work for him. When they are done, I pay the subs. The GC gets his percentage in four payments. Each step gets inspected by me. No mortgage company is involved so I can do it this way! This is not a depressed area. Sales taxes are up just about every year including 09 and 10. Until the drilling moritorium we had full employment, which is now just coming back to full. Workers flock to this part of the country because we haven't joined any recession.

So, I know this is hard for you to understand but, no one including the Hispanic labor is being taken advantage of. Too many lucrative construction jobs for them, so they do get paid well.

Sorry to burst your bubble but life is good around here.
    I don't care when the GC get's his piece of the pie. A pie is only so big to start with. You can split it so many ways... it's still the same pie.
    Bill Davis