The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LTE in re: Governor Perry

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    I hope that people who know little about Governor Perry, aka Governor Sunshine, will take an objective view of his tenure as Governor of Texas rather than rubber stamping him as a conservative savior. He is best known for self promotion and self adulation but not as well known for putting taxpayers on the hook for low cost business loans for some well endowed supporters and for his attempt to take over higher education by packing the Boards of Regents of our 2 largest state university systems.

One of his pet projects, The Texas Enterprise Fund is particularly egregious.

http://www.statesman.com/opinion/whe...type=ynews_rss

Sometimes the devil you know truly is much better than the one you don't know!
    Are you proposing we keep the devil we currently have?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Are you proposing we keep the devil we currently have?
    Nope, I am proposing that Rick Perry is not the man for the job, he is an empty suit with a nice haircut whose political ideology is flexible according to need, he comes across well on television sound bites but many in our state consider him an embarrassment. Presidential material he is not!

Nope, I am proposing that Rick Perry is not the man for the job, he is an empty suit with a nice haircut whose political ideology is flexible according to need, he comes across well on television sound bites but many in our state consider him an embarrassment. Presidential material he is not!
    I don't know anything about Gov. Perry other than what I see in the media. The only question I would have is if he is that bad, why is he the longest serving Gov. in the history of Texas? A lot of TX voters must see something they like and TX is a RED state, right? Just asking...
    Bill Davis

You talking about Perry or Obama????

Anyone know how many private sector jobs have been created in TX the last 2 years?

How many in the rest of the USA combined?

Perry is doing something right, and jobs and the economy are all that will matter in the upcoming election!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Sounds like you are describing our current president

I find your statement interesting - he must appeal to someone. I would have thought, as she apparently did, that KBH would have steamrolled him, only to have it happen in reverse.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    He is a dog person. Lab in fact.
    However, he signed into law probably the most anti-breeder legislation that has been presented to any governor in the country....fully backed by the AR movement.

Eric