The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Vocal at Line Correction, My Version

It's a good thread and should be bumped. Have you run tests again? I think people need to read #1 and do it because some of the posters kept running when their dog was noisy to get that Junior title and now they have established a problem thinking they will fix it later. Nt so easy.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Quote Originally Posted by ErinsEdge View Post
    It's a good thread and should be bumped. Have you run tests again? I think people need to read #1 and do it because some of the posters kept running when their dog was noisy to get that Junior title and now they have established a problem thinking they will fix it later. Nt so easy.
    Yes, we began running again.
    It's nice to walk up and not be worrying about noise and jumping all over the place.

We did very well this summer when we started running again.
    (OK, maybe I messed up once)
    In fact some of the judges praised Elvis for his line manners as they watched him since he was a pup and know of theissues we had.

Line manners are very nice now.

I am not a magician, but I am persistant!!

Like I said, it's a nice feeling to be confident walking to the line now.

stan b & Elvis
    Stan b & Elvis

That is an awesome accomplishment!

I am of the belief that though we contribute to the problem, more often than not there are genetics involved.
    Every noisy dog in history is in Elvis’ pedigree, well almost.
    I think this statement also needs to be highlighted. Many people who don't know much about the dogs themselves, look at paper and titles and then sometimes even linebreed and you really have to watch it with doubling up on noisy dogs.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Yes, we began running again.
    It's nice to walk up and not be worrying about noise and jumping all over the place.

We did very well this summer when we started running again.
    (OK, maybe I messed up once)
    In fact some of the judges praised Elvis for his line manners as they watched him since he was a pup and know of theissues we had.

Line manners are very nice now.

I am not a magician, but I am persistant!!

Like I said, it's a nice feeling to be confident walking to the line now.

stan b & Elvis
    I had the joy of working with Stan & Elvis this year at our seminar in Wisconsin. Stan is what any teacher hopes for; a willing and dedicated student. He's done what many people are reluctant to do; change!

As I often say at seminars, "If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got." Stan turned a corner with this issue, and with others. He and Elvis have a fine future together.

Evan
    "Prepare your dog in such a manner that the work he is normally called upon to do under-whelms him, not overwhelms him." ~ Evan Graham

“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

― George Bernard Shaw

The Smartwork System for Retriever Training (link)
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...59&ref=profile

Great thread!! Two hardest bad habits to break are noise and mouth problems. Great share of information. Know someone that is trying to fight this and will send note for them to read this thread.

regards,

LT

This thread is another great example of the value of RTF. When willing & experienced people can provide solid & thorough advice, it helps keep new people in the games, and thats good for everyone. One of the biggest challenges (and accomplishments ) of training is knowing what to do when problems happen. Too many good dogs have been given up on because of noise. Hats off to Road kill & his advisors.
    NAFTCH FTCH AFTCH Mjolnir Bluebill Of Allanport
    Flatlands Bayduck of Allanport
    Dakota Creek Teal of Allanport

Congratulations to Stan & Elvis. It sounds like YOU have also learned a very important lesson in how to approach any difficulties your dog may be having. Good for both of you, We know you are not looking for accolades, but take the pats on the back.
    There is no better conservation tool than a well trained retriever.

HRCH Peacock's Brutus Augustus (Augie) 04/06/93 - 12/10/05 Still in my heart.
    HRCH Hunters' Way Guns Of Autumn (Gunnar) 06/06/99 - 06/14/10 Love You
    HR Hunters' Way Cody's Raisin Kane (Kane)
    Hunters' Way Wind over Wings (Jet)

I am going to bump this thread because I have just started on this journey.

Stan, please check your PM:

My only question is this:

My dog is noisy once I say sit at the line, but as soon as the birds start to go down, he is quiet. I would assume the process is the same, correct and remove from line, but is there anything different that I should look at?

Thanks

I found this thread searching for suggestions on how to solve the whining issue I have with my dog. Thanks for posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zman1001 View Post
    I am going to bump this thread because I have just started on this journey.

Stan, please check your PM:

My only question is this:

My dog is noisy once I say sit at the line, but as soon as the birds start to go down, he is quiet. I would assume the process is the same, correct and remove from line, but is there anything different that I should look at?

Thanks
    What does he learn being removed from the line?

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"