The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A reminder from a year ago

Bumface flushing a trillion dollars down the drain has a lot to do with the debt.
    Lets add in obumma care. Want me to add more?
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Bumface flushing a trillion dollars down the drain has a lot to do with the debt.
    Didn't look at the graph did you?

I forgot to add that Obama's tax cuts also have led to an increase in debt.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    And "W" flushed $5.7 trillion down the drain and that doesn't bother you?
    Last edited by zeus3925; 07-26-2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: typo correction
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    And "W" flushed $5.7 billion down the drain and that doesn't bother you?
    5.7 Billion is a drop in the bucket compared to Obama....... Seriously??????

You do know that 999 billion is less than a trillion, right? WOW!
    SHR Presque Isle Jaeger Schwab JH (driving the bus)

Nevermind..... just looked at your comedic graph..... and I see you just made a typo...... that graph is a joke...... where did you find that liberals.com?????

Ever try your own research...with an open mind??
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    Nevermind..... just looked at your comedic graph..... and I see you just made a typo...... that graph is a joke...... where did you find that liberals.com?????
    What's comic is that you use logical fallacies to try to support your point instead of directly refuting the evidence.

Again I will ask all of you who believe it is just a spending problem whether the tax cuts implemented by President Bush and continued by President Obama have not significantly added to the deficit. If that is your believe than tell me why.

bold = me
    Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    If it is please enlighten me. Are you claiming the figures are wrong? Maybe some figures are exaggerated or there are some omission errors, you tell me. I don't know what the errors are as I don't know how they derived the numbers for their graphs. And frankly, how they derived the numbers is probably too esoteric for most (and particularly me) to even understand. As readers of the chart, it is up to us to trust the source(s). I don't trust those sources anymore than you (or me) would completely trust a chart that Sean Hannity came up with. The sources of your chart have an axe to grind. You've also admitted that some figures might be exaggerated, shaded, etc.; so the possibility that the graph is bullsh!t has apparently crossed your mind as well.
    Just one other thing, is it your believe the Bush tax cuts had nothing to do with the current debt? No. There are as many economists who say the tax cuts increased revenues as there are who claim the opposite. Your chart shows a drop in direct tax revenue from those cuts, but it doesn't account for increases in tax revenue as an indirect result of the cuts. Regardless, they're no longer the "Bush tax cuts." They're the "Bush/Obama tax cuts" since your boy signed on to extending them (which again points to the bullsh!t nature of that NYT graph since none of the supposed revenue decreases fall Obama's side of the chart when he signed the bill extending them).
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    What's comic is that you use logical fallacies to try to support your point instead of directly refuting the evidence.

Again I will ask all of you who believe it is just a spending problem whether the tax cuts implemented by President Bush and continued by President Obama have not significantly added to the deficit. If that is your believe than tell me why.
    I do believe that the tax cuts contributed to the deficit..... funny though, how the chart does not give any of the tax break deficit contribution to OBAMA, it is ALL GW's fault. All of the tax burden from the deficit should NOW be accounted for in OBAMA's column, should it not? He could have ended them, but agreed they were necessary. AND it IS a spending problem...... way more entitlement programs exist now, since Obama took office. Most you dont hear about..... but do some RESEARCH, and you will find many. The more entitlement we have, the more money needed to facilitate those programs. But are the "programs" really necessary????? Health care, yes, I believe those programs are necessary, DOT funding, yes.....Vet care.....yes...... Education???? Highly debatable.... Foreign Contribution should be ended entirely, until we fix our own damn country..... JMO

BTW "Logical Fallacies" isnt that an oxymoron????? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    bold = me

I agree with most of what you say here. I do want to point out a few things though. The Center on Budget and Policy Prioriites base their analysis on info taken from the CBO US Census and GAO office.These could hardly be called partisan.
    If the implication was that I believed that the numbers were incorrect than you took it the wrong way, I was just throwing in there basic ways that info is misrepresented.
    The point I disagree with you the most though is your statement about economists. Most economists agree that revenue would have been higher without the tax cuts
    "Federal revenue is lower today than it would have been without the tax cuts. There's really no dispute among economists about that," said Alan D. Viard, a former Bush White House economist now at the nonpartisan American Enterprise Institute. "It's logically possible" that a tax cut could spur sufficient economic growth to pay for itself, Viard said. "But there's no evidence that these tax cuts would come anywhere close to that."
    Finally Obama is not my boy and he is as accountable as Bush is when it comes to tax cuts. If we held all politicians accountable for their actions instead of having this tribal loyalty that infects politics on both sides we could bypass the blame game and get to what really needs to be done.
    Last edited by cotts135; 07-26-2011 at 11:09 AM.