RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Electronics for Homemade Wingers

33K views 70 replies 26 participants last post by  Misty Marsh 
#1 · (Edited)
So I made a winger from Kwik's postings, but am having some problems with my electronics. I am using a bow release and a servo from R/C parts. Works perfect every time when the winger isnt loaded. Unfortunately, when the winger is loaded, there is too much tension on the caliper release for the servo to handle and I can't release my bumpers. For the last couple weeks I have been trying to mess with the set up I have to get it to work, but no luck so far. Does anybody have any suggestions/ideas or other products they would recommend?

I have heard about Elsema but have no clue on what trasmitter/receiver to use, and I have a hard time finding prices on their website.

Does anybody know if I can run a power door lock off of a 9V battery? I just dont want to have to carry around a 12V because once I get this figured out I want to build a few more.

Thank you!

#64 ·
Not sure if anybody else out there is using the 9V receiver system from carymart or not. The 12V appears to be the way to go. I currently have the 9V system and wa having a heck of a time with battery life (as you can imagine), etc, because eeverything was running off of 2 9V batteries. So, I changed thigns around yesterday and thought I would throw the idea around to the group in case anybody else is having the same issue.

I am powering ONLY the receiver off of a 9V battery. I added in a 12V rechargable battery to power the power door lock actuator and siren. I will try and post a diagram if anybody is interested sometime later in the week.

http://www.batteriesplus.com/produc...ot187-Terminal-DASH--DASH-WKA12--1-dot3F.aspx

#71 ·
Thinking about brining in Elsema stuff again. I closed the business a few years ago, but still have the account and they have a 4-8 channel transmitter that will work reliably to 266 yards and a weatherproof receiver that is compatible. I will look into the costs, may be a great solution, or it may be too expensive to make sense in the DIY world. Will let you guy's know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.