The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Electronics for Homemade Wingers

If you bought the three finction receivers (momentary-latched-toggle), refer back to the insert that carymart sent you woth the receivers. If you cant find it, let me know, and i will search for mine. As they said above, you need to be on momentary mode. The battery shouldnt b the problem. What size wires are you using? Are they all the same size or smaller? I doubt that is a problem, but keep that in the back of your mind if you are already set on momentary mode.
    Last edited by jecartag; 03-08-2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Typo
    Jeremy
    Kankakee River HRC

Quote Originally Posted by jecartag View Post
    If you bouth the three finction receivers (momentary-latched-toggle), refer back to the insert that carymart sent you woth the receivers. If you cant find it, let me know, and i will search for mine. As they said above, you need to be on momentary mode. The battery shouldnt b the problem. What size wires are you using? Are they all the same size or smaller? I doubt that is a problem, but keep that in the back of your mind if you are already set on momentary mode.
    I have mine handy in my shop, I can reference it when I get home if needed. For wire to be the problem, it would have to be probably 18 gauge or smaller.

Jecartag - Could you throw another link up to the Carymart transmitter and receiver you used? The link you posted in 2012 takes me to a "product no longer available page." I've been working on building a pair of wingers but used walkie-talkies for the electronics and i can't get any consistency out of them. Thanks!
    Joel

for one to many (meaning you plan on having more than one receiver) and 2 channels (1 channel for speaker 1 channel for actuator)

http://www.carymart.com/2-relay-dc-r...ie-p-1392.html

just bought mine it takes 10-20 days of shipping just FWIW. i'm on day 11 now still waiting. i went with the 8 button transmitter (4 wingers 2 channels each) and magnetic antennas

http://www.carymart.com/8-button-100...ter-p-227.html

if you are just going to have 1 receiver and multiple channels (like a 4 channel 1 receiver bumper boy 4 shooter) you'd get this

http://www.carymart.com/dc-4-channel...des-p-204.html

Blake is spot-on...I agree 100%.

For future reference, in case CaryMart decides to change the form in which they sell these receivers or change the exact web address for this specific receiver, the product code below is for the 2-channel receiver (multiple series possible). Just copy and paste in the search bar on Carymart.com.

Hope this Helps. Dont hesitate if you have more questions!
    Jeremy
    Kankakee River HRC

can you explain lacthed . is their a setting on my rec that i can change the only thing that i cna see is a black peace that goes over to metal post and their are to post not covered

Latched means when you push the button on the transmitter for the appropriate receiver, the receiver sends power to the power door lock actuator and maintains this power. In order to turn the actuator off, you have to push the button again. So, for instance, if you have button #1 on your transmitter controlling winger 1, and you want to launch a bumper from winger one, it goes something like this "push button 1 - power goes to actuator, releases caliper and bumper is tossed - push button 1 again - power is shut off to actuator" Basically, if you push Button 1, your actuator maintains is PULL function until you push button 1 again. If you do not push button 1, the actuator will continuously be in the PULL state.

Momentary is the function you want to be using. Momentary mode is just that...you push button one, and power is momentarily supplied to the actuator. Your series is then something like this "push button 1 - actuator gets power for a split second and performs a pull function - power is shut off to actuator through receiver - actuator arm returns to neutral position" Notice, you do NOT need to push button 1 more than one time. Does this help? I will go look for my instructions right now...
    Jeremy
    Kankakee River HRC

Quote Originally Posted by blake_mhoona View Post
    still waiting on my electronics but it sounds like you have the receivers in latched or toggle (press button and it doesnt quit pulling until you let off button/press button and it keeps pulling till you press again.). they need to be in momentary (press button and it pulls and lets go instantly.
    bird barrell this was earlier

Are you using the 315 or 433 Mhz or does it matter? And what's the magnetic antenna? Is it a remotely wired antenna for the receiver?

Thanks, Blake. Did you get the 9V or 12V power supply?
    Joel