The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Electronics for Homemade Wingers

Heres mine, i throw bumpers but think it could throw a teal 5 ish yds. I like that i can throw 3 or however many you design it for. It'll throw a bumper 10-15 yds long and 15ft high depending on placement. Peizo mounted to jbox, only negative is I need a car battery to weigh it down to keep from shaking bumpers off the arms. I built 2 of these, used them for 2 weeks then got a sweet deal on 4 max 5000s. Id sell them if antyone was interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ateupwithquack View Post
    Heres mine, i throw bumpers but think it could throw a teal 5 ish yds. I like that i can throw 3 or however many you design it for. It'll throw a bumper 10-15 yds long and 15ft high depending on placement. Peizo mounted to jbox, only negative is I need a car battery to weigh it down to keep from shaking bumpers off the arms. I built 2 of these, used them for 2 weeks then got a sweet deal on 4 max 5000s. Id sell them if antyone was interested.
    those are sweet. nice work! Have you thrown Dokkens in them?
    Jeremy
    Kankakee River HRC

Quote Originally Posted by jecartag View Post

those are sweet. nice work! Have you thrown Dokkens in them?
    Nope, never thought about it, dokkens teal would be perfect

Not sure if anybody else out there is using the 9V receiver system from carymart or not. The 12V appears to be the way to go. I currently have the 9V system and wa having a heck of a time with battery life (as you can imagine), etc, because eeverything was running off of 2 9V batteries. So, I changed thigns around yesterday and thought I would throw the idea around to the group in case anybody else is having the same issue.

I am powering ONLY the receiver off of a 9V battery. I added in a 12V rechargable battery to power the power door lock actuator and siren. I will try and post a diagram if anybody is interested sometime later in the week.

http://www.batteriesplus.com/product...--1-dot3F.aspx
    Jeremy
    Kankakee River HRC

I have used a 12v Tritronic replacemewnt battery with the receiver---- small, light weight cost approx $17 on the WEB.

I also have found that using bow string with the release work much better than wire or carabiners.

Quote Originally Posted by ateupwithquack View Post
    Oooh that picture makes my nose hurt!! I was trying to develop that same idea a few years ago for a multiple duck thrower, the idea came to me as I was watching a video on a pitching machine. As I was building the model I was using wood, and using heavy amounts of surgical tubing for the power. Had so much pressure on it that one of the screws backed out as I was leaning over it, gave away and smacked me straight in the nose. My ENT told me it was the worst nasal bone fracture he had ever seen. Had a hard time explaining how I broke my nose trying to make a duck thrower. Think I leave the heavy engineering to the people with DEGREES!!!
    Nate Baxter, DVM
    Lebanon, OH

does anyone have the diemesions on the homemade winger and a parts list

i like these ideal but does anyone just use the servo to release the bow release?

can you get a remote and transmitter at radio shack?

I bought a 12 channel reciever with transmitter on e-bay for $18.79 free shipping from China, took 14 days to get here , but works great, have used it out to 150 yards so far .