The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting account of bin Laden raid

Default Interesting account of bin Laden raid

I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

one heck of an interesting piece...thanks for posting that
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

It does seem like Obama had more involvement in the whole adventure than he was given credit for in other reports. I'm not an Obama fan, but I'm glad to hear that.

I also think he acted well in meeting with the soldiers who pulled this off, giving them the credit & honor they deserve for what they did ... and have done before, and will continue to do on dangerous missions like these. For those who are not fond of this POTUS, at least this is one thing he seems to have done right.

I hope the physician who ran that vaccine clinic, and his family, are not suffering right now for the help they gave in helping the mission.

Ahmed must have been one cool cookie for his role in the mission. And the whole team deserves credit for minimizing "collateral damage" as best they could.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    It does seem like Obama had more involvement in the whole adventure than he was given credit for in other reports. I'm not an Obama fan, but I'm glad to hear that.
    I've given him credit before, mainly for having the stones to opt for the much-riskier insertation when he could have just leveled the compound w/ bunker busters. That said, I also keep in mind that all of these accounts are coming from people inside his inner circle...so it's not like they're going to claim he was a bumbling idiot or stood in the corner in a catatonic state when the first chopper crashed.

Not long ago I finished Bob Woodward's, "Obama's War" about all the inner wrangling over the Afghanistan surge. While I also take Woodward with a grain of salt, I was impressed by Woodward's account of Obama's demeanor and leadership. The dude doesn't lack self-confidence; whether he's going toe-to-toe with political hacks or multi-star generals...he's direct and forceful and decisive. I can respect that. The book's a good read and the hardcopy is on sale at Barnes & Noble in the clearance rack for $2.

Thanks, good read.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

It would seem that some that would be better to keep their mouths shut, have a proclivity for honoring themselves. If this report is accurate, and I don't doubt it for a heartbeat, might it not just compromise such activities in the future?

Other than our desire to 'know', what benefit does it serve?

Does the ability and capicity to conduct, need to be shared? JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 08-01-2011 at 11:52 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    It would seem that some that would be better to keep their mouths shut, have a proclivity for honoring themselves. If this report is accurate, and I don't doubt it for a heartbeat, might it not just compromise such activities in the future?

Just a little reminder to some of the other cockroaches out there that no matter how long it takes, we can still get you. Even with Libs in charge
    Last edited by huntinman; 08-02-2011 at 11:37 AM.
    Bill Davis

How?

They used a fake name for the dog........

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

The only significant criticism of the operation that I've seen is that we perhaps should have waited a few days to announce it as our intelligence people sifted through the treasure trove of documents, computers, files, etc. and then gave the special ops guys or drones time to whack some more unsuspecting bad guys.

Aside from that quibble, 9/11 was the most significant/worst thing to happen to the USA in 50 years...I think the American people needed/deserved an accounting of that sonuvabiatch's last moments on earth and how our military brought him to justice.

That Eagle will get 'em. Make take us a while to hunt the guy down and get things "in place" but it will happen. We are still a Nation of hunters, makes no difference if some are trying to take that "right" away from us.