The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting account of bin Laden raid

I would agree with JDogger that they could have done the article going a lighter on the details ... to protect future missions. They could have left out some specifics and not harmed the gist of the story.

Hew, I don't think that they could have waited a few days to release the news. I'd think that as soon as those choppers were lifting off, the Pakistanis were running around screaming. After not including them in the mission, I'm sure they weren't going to be very cooperative about keeping their mouths shut because we asked "pretty please".
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Bush built the military and CIA up after Clinton tore them down. Obama could thank him for putting that in place as well as the black ops equipment and forces and BUDGET that pulled it off.

Now I hear talk today about wanting to cut the military budget by $100 billion on top of the $500 billion in cuts to the ten-year defense spending plan the White House is already planning to enact, ensuring that there will be few, if any,major Obama era defense programs left.

I will give him credit for giving the green light on this particular mission as well as the mission where the Seal Team 6 snipers took out the pirate hostage takers on that ship awhile back.

Wow! That was incredible. There is so much they do that we will never, ever know about. Those are some amazing men. Dog too!
    Kathleen

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you're not, in fact, just surrounded by a**holes" -William Gibson

As James talked about the raid, he mentioned Cairo’s role. “There was a dog?” Obama interrupted. James nodded and said that Cairo was in an adjoining room, muzzled, at the request of the Secret Service.

“I want to meet that dog,” Obama said.

“If you want to meet the dog, Mr. President, I advise you to bring treats,” James joked. Obama went over to pet Cairo, but the dog’s muzzle was left on.

I wonder if they kept the muzzle on the dog because it was trained to attack Muslims?