The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Volt a Dud? Hey Blackstone whats's the deal?

Default Volt a Dud? Hey Blackstone whats's the deal?

Published on The Weekly Standard (http://www.weeklystandard.com)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chevy Volt: Still Not Selling

Jonathan V. Last

August 3, 2011 8:08 AM

The July sales numbers are out and the Chevy Volt continues to electrify (get it?) the country. GM sold … 125 Volts last month!

Way back in March I made fun of the Volt for selling 281 units in February. Turns out, February was a good month. But wait, there’s more! GM says they’re going to increase production to 5,000 Volts per month in order to keep up with demand. You see, they claim that the reason the Volt isn’t selling is that they can’t keep enough cars on the lot. A GM spokeswoman recently claimed that they are “virtually sold out.” Which is virtually true. Mark Modica called around his local Chevy dealers and found plenty of Volts waiting for an environmentally conscious driver to bring them home.

All told, GM has sold close to 2,700 Volts. (Funny aside: There’s a Volt in my neighborhood and a Volt that parks in my garage at work. So I see almost 0.1 percent of all the Volts in America on a daily basis.) But hey, the EV future is just around the corner.

Copyright 2010 Weekly Standard LLC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source URL: http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ng_581956.html

Can't find any government agencies to bye them??
    Bill Davis

From the Detroit Free Press.

http://www.freep.com/article/2011080...ally-sold-out-

General Motors will only report about 100 Chevrolet Volt sales when July’s U.S. auto sales come out Tuesday, but the extended-range electric car is “virtually sold out” of the outgoing 2011 model year, spokeswoman Michelle Bunker said today.

Of the 4,488 2011 Volts GM has built at Detroit-Hamtramck, about 100 remain unclaimed, she said. The rest are reserved for dealer demos of the Volt’s battery and backup generator or internal GM uses such as engineering tests or marketing.

Volt sales have averaged about 440 a month since the car’s launch in December. But GM shut the Volt’s Detroit-Hamtramck plant in June for about a month for upgrades before the 2012 model year arrived. Since the average Volt has spent about 13 days at a dealership before heading home with a customer, weeks without Volt production meant weeks of slow sales, Bunker said.

Through June, GM had sold 3,071 Volts, falling behind the 3,894 U.S. sales of the pure-electric Nissan Leaf, which runs only on battery power. GM is increasing production of the Volt to build a total of 16,000 this year and 60,000 next year, with some badged as the European Opel Ampera. CEO Dan Akerson has said GM may eventually build more than 100,0000 a year.

Nissan expects to deliver about 10,000 Leafs to Americans this year, the same as the number of Volts that General Motors plans to sell to customers in this country. Nissan has said its Smyrna, Tenn., plant will be able to build 150,000 Leafs annually after production of the electric car starts there next year
    Electrics and hybrids are coming whether conservatives like it or not.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Yeah, thank goodness we have liberals to tell us what we need. I mean without you guys we wouldn't have 50% of the country on the dole whether us conservatives like it or not. Without liberals we wouldn't have 50% of the country not paying a dime in federal income tax whether us conservatives like it or not. Without liberals we wouldn't have subjected the most advanced health system care in the world to a government takeover whether us conservatives like it or not. Without liberals we couldn't have utterly destroyed the African-American family in just 3 generations whether us conservatives like or not. Without liberals we wouldn't be able to have 1.2 million aborted babies per year whether us conservatives like it or not. And close to home for you, without liberals we couldn't have turned Detroit into a third-world cesspool of poverty and blight. Thank goodness we have liberals to set things right....whether conservatives like it or not.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Wink

If this president has his way you are probably right. Along with food stamps, medicaid, free cell phones, ect, he will probably give them a Volt too. I'm sure you would go along with that too.

Sort of like the YUGO... they came too... but didn't stay long

An American that wants to drive a truck is not going to buy an electric piece of crap.
    Bill Davis

Why??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

The market will determine what automakers produce. As the dollar continues to devalue forcing the price of gas upwards, we will be forced to drive what is affordable. Neither party seems concerned with the value of the dollar, just look at meaningless cuts in the deficit debate.

I just turned 79,000 miles in my F150 and will not get a new vehicle until I can buy one that runs on CNG. Living in a state that has abundant natural gas reserves I am at a loss as to why we don't already have access to CNG.
    Last edited by Franco; 08-04-2011 at 08:40 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

I think every lib should own one (and nothing else).......just out of curiosity Buzz.......what do you drive?

Bemoaning the scarcity of Obama stickers to run off the road regards.......
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

I work on the "East Side" of Milwaukee.
    A bastian of liberal (hippie) ideology!

I meet this guy who drives a Prius.
    I ask him why?
    He answers" it's the responsible thing to do, because we are all in this together (man)!"

I asked him "is there a test you have to FAIL to get one of those??"

He retorts...."oh, no, anyone can get one!!"

Nuff said......

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    I think every lib should own one (and nothing else).......just out of curiosity Buzz.......what do you drive?

Bemoaning the scarcity of Obama stickers to run off the road regards.......
    Dodge Ram 1500 with the Hemi.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)