The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Volt a Dud? Hey Blackstone whats's the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I work on the "East Side" of Milwaukee.
    A bastian of liberal (hippie) ideology!

I meet this guy who drives a Prius.
    I ask him why?
    He answers" it's the responsible thing to do, because we are all in this together (man)!"

I asked him "is there a test you have to FAIL to get one of those??"

He retorts...."oh, no, anyone can get one!!"

Nuff said......

RK
    I consider myself very much a Conservative, but I will say after driving a Prius while on business travel, I was surprised at how nice of a ride it was. We are planning on getting one for driving to/from work and around town just because it's all the car we need. And in no way will I be giving up my big trucks, but during the week why not save a little on gas!

So don't know it completely, nothing wrong with only spending $20 for a tank of gas for 2 weeks worth of driving! I'm all about saving a little bit of $$$, too.

FOM
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    I consider myself very much a Conservative, but I will say after driving a Prius while on business travel, I was surprised at how nice of a ride it was. We are planning on getting one for driving to/from work and around town just because it's all the car we need. And in no way will I be giving up my big trucks, but during the week why not save a little on gas!

So don't know it completely, nothing wrong with only spending $20 for a tank of gas for 2 weeks worth of driving! I'm all about saving a little bit of $$$, too.

FOM
    I would say, conservatively speaking, well over half the Prius' I see around here have a "Hope and Change" bumper sticker on them.
    (or some variation)

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Yeah, thank goodness we have liberals to tell us what we need. I mean without you guys we wouldn't have 50% of the country on the dole whether us conservatives like it or not. Without liberals we wouldn't have 50% of the country not paying a dime in federal income tax whether us conservatives like it or not. Without liberals we wouldn't have subjected the most advanced health system care in the world to a government takeover whether us conservatives like it or not. Without liberals we couldn't have utterly destroyed the African-American family in just 3 generations whether us conservatives like or not. Without liberals we wouldn't be able to have 1.2 million aborted babies per year whether us conservatives like it or not. And close to home for you, without liberals we couldn't have turned Detroit into a third-world cesspool of poverty and blight. Thank goodness we have liberals to set things right....whether conservatives like it or not.
    Pow! Welcome back, John.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Yeah, thank goodness we have liberals to tell us what we need. I mean without you guys we wouldn't have 50% of the country on the dole whether us conservatives like it or not. Without liberals we wouldn't have 50% of the country not paying a dime in federal income tax whether us conservatives like it or not. Without liberals we wouldn't have subjected the most advanced health system care in the world to a government takeover whether us conservatives like it or not. Without liberals we couldn't have utterly destroyed the African-American family in just 3 generations whether us conservatives like or not. Without liberals we wouldn't be able to have 1.2 million aborted babies per year whether us conservatives like it or not. And close to home for you, without liberals we couldn't have turned Detroit into a third-world cesspool of poverty and blight. Thank goodness we have liberals to set things right....whether conservatives like it or not.

Your entire post is worth repeating many times, John. But what is especially hilarious to me is what Buzz left behind when he moved to Sodak.

Let’s review what happened in Michigan in 2007 after the state’s budget problem was “solved” with tax increases:
    Under pressure from the state’s balanced-budget requirement — another crucial difference between Michigan then and Washington today — and after a brief government shutdown on October 1, Senate Republicans warily agreed to a deal involving a mix of tax hikes and benefits reform. They agreed to hike income taxes by 12 percent and impose a new set of service taxes on select business activity, raising $1.5 billion. In return, Republicans got fragile promises of spending reform.

“This budget agreement is the right solution for Michigan,” crowed a victorious Granholm. “We prevented massive cuts to public education, health care, and public safety while also making extensive government reforms and passing new revenue. With the state back on solid financial footing, we can turn our focus to the critical task of jumpstarting our economy and creating new jobs.”

Barack Obama couldn’t have said it better. Did it solve the problem?
    “Within literally hours of passing the tax hike,” recounts Mackinac Center legislative analyst Jack McHugh, “the legislature passed bills spending the entire $1.4 billion.” By the time Granholm handed over the wheel to Republican Rick Snyder three years later, the deficit had ballooned to $2 billion amidst a stalled economy.

I certainly hope Buzz doesn't get into Sodak politics, and try to turn us into another Michigan.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Huntinman,

Why did you feel the need to call me out personally on this? Was this just an attempt to get under my skin. You'll have to try harder than that. I never advocated going out and purchasing a Volt. Like I said several times, buy what you want. Buy what works for you. Only the market will dictate whether or not the Volt is a success.

But, before you work yourself into a lather celebrating the failure of the Volt, remember Volt was not produced for a full model year, and it was only sold in 7 states. That’s roughly 456 vehicles per state, which would equate to about 22,800 annual sales if it had sold the same in all 50 states. Just something to think about. Like I said, sales will ultimately be determined by market demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Huntinman,

Why did you feel the need to call me out personally on this? Was this just an attempt to get under my skin. You'll have to try harder than that. I never advocated going out and purchasing a Volt. Like I said several times, buy what you want. Buy what works for you. Only the market will dictate whether or not the Volt is a success.

But, before you work yourself into a lather celebrating the failure of the Volt, remember Volt was not produced for a full model year, and it was only sold in 7 states. That’s roughly 456 vehicles per state, which would equate to about 22,800 annual sales if it had sold the same in all 50 states. Just something to think about. Like I said, sales will ultimately be determined by market demand.
    Hey Blackstone! welcome back! Just razzing you a little... I think Volt was up to 125 for July... Anyway, I called you out because you know something about them and always seem to defend them... Nothing personal...

I know someone who works on a large military installation near here. They were forced to buy a certain number of electric cars for their fleet by the Pentagon (Obama). From what I have been told the cars have been sitting idle for about a year because none of the soldiers will drive them.
    Last edited by huntinman; 08-17-2011 at 09:50 PM.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Huntinman,

Blackstone, might want to do what I do and place him on Ignore.

He contributes zero in content and just likes to take cheap shots! Most people that can't articulate thier position can only use name-calling/labling.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Hey Blackstone! welcome back! Just razzing you a little... I think Volt was up to 125 for July... Anyway, I called you out because you know something about them and always seem to defend them... Nothing personal...

I know someone who woks on a large military installation near here. They were forced to buy a certain number of electric cars for their fleet by the Pentagon (Obama). From what I have been told the cars have been sitting idle for about a year because none of the soldiers will drive them.
    I don’t have to defend Volt, and I don’t speak on behalf of GM. All I did was address the inaccurate comments that were being made about it. The Volt will have a limited market, just like hybrid, because it doesn’t fit everyone’s needs, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to be a failure.

But, Buzz is right, electric vehicles are coming. All of the major auto manufacturers have invested a lot of money developing them. Volt just happened to be the first to market. Electric vehicles are the next major stop on the way to hydrogen powered vehicles.

One ??? who is going to be charged for the electricty to charge up these cars. With the power inferstucture being so bad.

BTW conserve energy dont use so much fuel ( FROM OUR FEARLESS LEADER PUT AIR IN YOUR TIRES) So i use less and the power company are not makeing as much so jack up my rates. So lets build a electric car that way we will get everybody. WHAT A JOKE