The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So I am the bad guy???

Thumbs down So I am the bad guy???

So I am the bad guy???

At the friendly little family restaurant I have worked at for the past 29 years. If you are kitchen staff and you have a hang nail or some other grievous injury. I am the friendly face you speak to scheduling your much needed time off to heal. Last evening in the middle of the supper rush one of my dishwashers could not carry on. Was in too much pain." Why" I ask? Early in the morning, 3 a.m. he fell of his bicycle. "Why were you riding your bicycle at 3 a.m." I ask. "I was going to the 24 hour gas station to get cigarettes for my girl friend" he replies. "If she wants cigarettes that badly why doesn't she go get them herself?". I ask. "Because she is 7 months pregnant" he tells me. Now this blessed example of humanity already has 2 kids from 2 other guys. I know her personally. I know her Dad. She lives in a government subsidized apartment and the boyfriend, my dishwasher lives with her under the table so they don't loose the welfare apartment. So all the co-workers are all "Oooh poor feller" And "Let me lift that for you" And I, pondering all the information I have and all the back stories I know Say...... "You Stupid S.O.B. Why the Hell were you riding a bicycle down a dark road in the middle of the night to get cigarettes for your pregnant girlfriend in the first place? Don't you have any parenting responsibility? We all pay for your girlfriend and her kids and her lazy ass and your letting her smoke so we all have to pay even more for the kids healthcare when it is born addicted to nicotine! People like you make me sick! If you don't want to work don't let the door hit you on the way out because I have a list right here a dozen names long of people who actually want to work!" Now suck it up or punch out!"

And I am the bad guy???????
    here I am just giving loving fatherly advice, and the room thought I was the bad guy?

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Bravo, Ken!
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

You da Man. I got your back. I don't sympathise with lazy, or stupid people either. As an ex smoker, I really hate smoking, and the smell of it. Pregnant and smoking on tax payers ride... instead of tapping trees for liquid gold he's tapping that?? I better stop here before I get started and regret my typing thoughts.
    HRCH TilHe CallsUsHome ~ Tilly

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Thumbs up

Right on Ken !!
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

You're my hero.
    I didn't know y'all had those types in Vermont. When you get all of them straightened out we've got herds of 'em in SW Georgia you can lecture.
    Don't bother to just be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
    William Faulkner

Congratulations Ken for having to guts to say what is right. That is probably the first "fatherly" advise this kid has had in a long time.
    Did he stay or punch out?
    Glenda Seivert
    "The support team"

way to go! If you run for office, I'll vote for you!

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA MHU SH MXP MJP XFP T2BP VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

Drop a dime to the welfare office that he is leeching off the g'friend.

Ken Bora for POTUS! Taking responsibility for your life-what a unique concept.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

I like it!!
    Joe
    Joe Dutro

Oakwood's Dora Duky Desire MH- (Dora) 3/3/03- 3/16/11
    Desire's Midnight Rose SH- (Rose) 1/29/08
    Desire's Big Launch MH (Rocket) 9/29/09
    Desire's Pine Ridge Lonesome Gus MH (Gus) 9/29/09