The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: So I am the bad guy???

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Bingo ! My thoughts exactly..........been wishing for laws that allowed this for a good while now.
    Wouldn't have a spare red armband, would you?
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post

"Well at least you have something in common you can talk about"!!!
    That is great! Sounds like you get to have fun at work. We've got some characters here, but that guy takes the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Wouldn't have a spare red armband, would you?
    Nope.........I wouldn't..........get your own ( or whatever color you want ).

Quote Originally Posted by 7pntail View Post
    First time on potus. Could be trouble. Poor dish washers--it's a highly skilled, and stressful job. leave em alone. You have no right to criticize. Have you walked in their shoes?

Regards, John
    On the contrary. Members of a society (folks that share laws and culture) is that of

Social responsibility
    Religious responsibility
    Financial responsibility
    Political responsibility

Some (me) might say that it is our duty to have socially acceptable standards. I'm not saying this guy needs to be punished, but I am saying that somebody ought to step up and tell him he's a loser (in a cultural sense). In a round about way, they'd be doing him a favor.
    Stray labs make great pets.
    Proud member of the FF society.

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Bingo ! My thoughts exactly..........been wishing for laws that allowed this for a good while now.
    Didn't the world see this tried once before mein Fuhrer?

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    Yes. But having a retarded grandaughter with a child ( her husband is retarded also ) will convince you that some people should not be allowed to have children. I don't know what the answer is really but something needs to be done. Relatives used to be able to control this but people have managed to pass laws that tie our hands. I used to believe that no one should have an abortion either but guess what I think now !

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    You know even though you have more or less called me "Hitler" it has not angered me. Do your own search on Maggie May Trammel ( an infant in Bartlesville OK ) and then tell me that her mother should be allowed to have more children. That is the kind of people that I would "alter". It would be the ( supposed ) reversable surgeries used. That way if they get straightened up and can earn enough to get it reversed they can have another chance ( but not before they can provide for that child ). You are, as many people are, just ignorant of the facts in most of these cases. Work in a DHS office for a while or become involved in the CASA work. Most cases are not open to public scrutiny. Not until a child dies or a parent is charged with some crime will you get any facts. Court cases involving minor children are kept closed except for those involved. In Oklahoma children are not removed from a natural mother unless she is an axe murderer ( or she does something horrible to one of her children and even then the goal is "to reunite the family" ). I wish people were told the truth about these cases. I think that this is the third child killed in Washigton county OK in the last twelve months. Never mind those hurt by a parent or a 'stand in parent' ( add baby sitters to that list also ).

This brief intro into a movie explain this whole situation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXRjmyJFzrU
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    This brief intro into a movie explain this whole situation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXRjmyJFzrU
    I can't view videos so I should not make any comment but as you all know I'm going to Too many times the people who write and make the rules ( laws ) have very limited experience with retarded people ( I can not speak to the problems of the handicapped with decent IQs ). Even the case workers who have never lived with a retarded person or maybe just one retarded person
    are not aware of many of the problems that we as family see every day. If
    a person can not take care of themselves why would anybody think that they can take care of a child ( or a baby ). Most government workers pay little to no attention to family members. I'm well aware that my IQ is in most cases not as high as the people that are hired to work with the retarded but I can
    see and hear. I firmly believe that a very large number of our retarded are retarded because of their mother's and possibly also the father's drugs and drinking. Some because of the chemicals ingested by the parents but some because of the resulting abuse. I have fought this fight for a lot of years and I have talked to others with retarded family members. Children have to have been damaged before anyone can or will do anything. In Oklahoma ( from my last update with the law anyway, according to that law ) a child can not be taken away from a parent even when that parent is on drugs. Parents are allowed to show up and take a screaming crying child for their visitation times. That child may cling to the caregiver with all their strength but a judge will still mandate the visitaion when the courts get to decide.

Yeah, I'm on my soap box. I'll shut up for a while now.
    Last edited by charly_t; 08-29-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Are there any attorneys on our forum ? If so what does "code X" on the court records after a hearing mean ? I am following the case of a retarded person who made a threat.