The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 62

Thread: So I am the bad guy???

  1. #51
    Senior Member Jason Glavich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    woodbridge,VA
    Posts
    1,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    I can't view videos so I should not make any comment but as you all know I'm going to Too many times the people who write and make the rules ( laws ) have very limited experience with retarded people ( I can not speak to the problems of the handicapped with decent IQs ). Even the case workers who have never lived with a retarded person or maybe just one retarded person
    are not aware of many of the problems that we as family see every day. If
    a person can not take care of themselves why would anybody think that they can take care of a child ( or a baby ). Most government workers pay little to no attention to family members. I'm well aware that my IQ is in most cases not as high as the people that are hired to work with the retarded but I can
    see and hear. I firmly believe that a very large number of our retarded are retarded because of their mother's and possibly also the father's drugs and drinking. Some because of the chemicals ingested by the parents but some because of the resulting abuse. I have fought this fight for a lot of years and I have talked to others with retarded family members. Children have to have been damaged before anyone can or will do anything. In Oklahoma ( from my last update with the law anyway, according to that law ) a child can not be taken away from a parent even when that parent is on drugs. Parents are allowed to show up and take a screaming crying child for their visitation times. That child may cling to the caregiver with all their strength but a judge will still mandate the visitaion when the courts get to decide.

    Yeah, I'm on my soap box. I'll shut up for a while now.
    The movie link is the into to idiocracy, showing in a joking way the super smart do not reproduce, showing a smart couple that waits and then cannot have kids and the husband dies, while also showing the stupid guy who has 10 kids to different women.

    It was not meant as a knock on anyone with a mental handicap, I do not feel making fun or picking on someone who cannot help it is right.


    I do think some people are stupid by choice though.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

    ~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

  2. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    The movie link is the into to idiocracy, showing in a joking way the super smart do not reproduce, showing a smart couple that waits and then cannot have kids and the husband dies, while also showing the stupid guy who has 10 kids to different women.

    It was not meant as a knock on anyone with a mental handicap, I do not feel making fun or picking on someone who cannot help it is right.


    I do think some people are stupid by choice though.
    Thanks, I did not think you were making fun of people. Just had to add my two cents worth. We old people often talk too much. May not make any sense at times but that's one thing that we can still do. VBG

  3. #53
    Senior Member limiman12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Red Oak Iowa
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    I just wish someone would explain to me why the system is set up to encourage people that can not care for a child are encouraged to have more, while the tax code actually removes the child tax credit for upper income families. I ask you which children would be more likely to grow up to be tax PAYERS rather then tax consumers?????

    I deal with a lot of mentaly handicapped patients in my office, and a lot of the staff that cares for them. Trust me, the staff would all agree that there is no chance those that they are caring for would be able to care for a child. Is it even in their best interest to try?

    Why is our society so hell bent on political correctness that someone that suggests people that murder their children, cannot mentally care for themselves, or even cannot financialy care for themselves should not be having children, they are called a nazi?

    I just hope that the contraceptive being offered is not the pill. If it is, then the "smart ones" will go down to the highschool and sell it to the 15 year old that doesn't want her mom to know she is on the pill and use the money to go by the smokes and when she shows up pregnant she will say, "gee the pill must not have worked!!!!! so how much more will my welfare check be for" Norplant or IUD

    Regarding the mentally handicapped grandaughter with the mentally handicapped father of the child......... at a certain point of handicappedness (not sure if that is a word ) there is no longer the possibility of consent. so could you charge one mentally handicapped person with rape of another or even EACH other if both are to the point that they have been deemed legally unable to provide consent? I do wish the soft hearted public heard more stories like this though. If they are soft hearted enough to pay for the lifelong care of the resulting child then they can sponsor a couple and let them have a kid......... if not don't get in the way when the family wants to look out for the wellbeing of their handicapped family member by preventing pregnancy.
    Last edited by limiman12; 09-02-2011 at 05:39 PM.
    Fritz Baier
    owned, trained and handled by:

    GMHRCH-II MPR Baier's Mighty Waldimar
    MHR CPR Baier's Lady Gabrielle
    4 X GMPR MHR Baier's Lady Legacy of Tru Point MH Certified Therapy Dog

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limiman12 View Post
    I just wish someone would explain to me why the system is set up to encourage people that can not care for a child are encouraged to have more, while the tax code actually removes the child tax credit for upper income families. I ask you which children would be more likely to grow up to be tax PAYERS rather then tax consumers?????

    I deal with a lot of mentaly handicapped patients in my office, and a lot of the staff that cares for them. Trust me, the staff would all agree that there is no chance those that they are caring for would be able to care for a child. Is it even in their best interest to try?

    Why is our society so hell bent on political correctness that someone that suggests people that murder their children, cannot mentally care for themselves, or even cannot financialy care for themselves should not be having children, they are called a nazi?

    I just hope that the contraceptive being offered is not the pill. If it is, then the "smart ones" will go down to the highschool and sell it to the 15 year old that doesn't want her mom to know she is on the pill and use the money to go by the smokes and when she shows up pregnant she will say, "gee the pill must not have worked!!!!! so how much more will my welfare check be for" Norplant or IUD

    Regarding the mentally handicapped grandaughter with the mentally handicapped father of the child......... at a certain point of handicappedness (not sure if that is a word ) there is no longer the possibility of consent. so could you charge one mentally handicapped person with rape of another or even EACH other if both are to the point that they have been deemed legally unable to provide consent? I do wish the soft hearted public heard more stories like this though. If they are soft hearted enough to pay for the lifelong care of the resulting child then they can sponsor a couple and let them have a kid......... if not don't get in the way when the family wants to look out for the wellbeing of their handicapped family member by preventing pregnancy.
    God Bless you !

    In our state some of the caregivers ( hired to help the retarded ) are not on a level to help anyone. It is such a mountain of problems that it boggles the mind. My idea is a large apartment building with help on each floor ( who can call for back-up when needed ) and a large cafeteria where those able could cook meals etc. There is no way they will do this though because they shut down a large place where some retarded people were abused. Makes me mad because some of their caregivers ( hired to help in the retarded person's own home ) are abusing some retarded people. Seems to me if you have more people watching in a large place that you would come nearer finding the bad apples. Yeah, we got people planning this stuff who are clueless. Recent lady who was hired ( by state department for the handicapped ) to help the grandaughter was arrested for beating her own grandaughter. Then there was the one a good while back who was helping my grandaughter with her checkbook ( my grandaughter has no counting etc. skills ). That lady kept the checkbook with her. Well lots of money went missing. She was not charged because she agreed to pay the money back. I will just stop with that story but there are more. Family seldom hear about these things. I
    happen to know that the time is drawing near for the IUD replacement but I have no say about it.

  5. #55
    Senior Member cwilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    "You Stupid S.O.B. Why the Hell were you riding a bicycle down a dark road in the middle of the night to get cigarettes for your pregnant girlfriend in the first place? Don't you have any parenting responsibility? We all pay for your girlfriend and her kids and her lazy ass and your letting her smoke so we all have to pay even more for the kids healthcare when it is born addicted to nicotine! People like you make me sick! If you don't want to work don't let the door hit you on the way out because I have a list right here a dozen names long of people who actually want to work!" Now suck it up or punch out!" 
    And I am the bad guy???????
    here I am just giving loving fatherly advice, and the room thought I was the bad guy?.
    If more people thought the way you do maybe we wouldn't be in such a mess. It makes me sick that people can sponge off the system their entire lives and those that actually need help can't get it. My mom's neighbor's husband died a couple years back. She has never worked because of a disability but he supported them so she never applied for disability. They lived like this, him working hard to support them and not getting disabiilty for God knows how many years. When he died she applied for help since her income was now gone and was declined because she had been disabled for so long and never applied.

  6. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwilson View Post
    If more people thought the way you do maybe we wouldn't be in such a mess. It makes me sick that people can sponge off the system their entire lives and those that actually need help can't get it. My mom's neighbor's husband died a couple years back. She has never worked because of a disability but he supported them so she never applied for disability. They lived like this, him working hard to support them and not getting disabiilty for God knows how many years. When he died she applied for help since her income was now gone and was declined because she had been disabled for so long and never applied.
    You know this makes no sense to me. I know of a case where a woman who was obese and had never worked away from home was given SSI or something along those lines because she was "a dependent child". When her mother passed on she became eligible for this. I was taking classes at a local hospital and I asked one of the teachers about it. He thought it was because of her weight though ( not the dependent child status ). I of course did not give her name to him. I wonder if the displaced home maker program would have any kind of help in her case. Maybe they don't even have it anymore.
    Maybe someone in her family can call the elected state reps. I know they sometimes can help. I am aware of one man who had a heart attack and then a stroke who was having trouble getting his disability. They sure helped him.
    Legal aid might have an idea or two. Tell them to shake those trees. Call every agency in their state.

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post

     
    And I am the bad guy???????
    here I am just giving loving fatherly advice, and the room thought I was the bad guy?
     
    .
    No you are not the bad guy. I know that I have gotten off topic on this thread but there are just so many things that we need to fix. And how do we do it. My husband and I have never had to ask for help so maybe I am biased in my views. I hate to sound like I am blaming anything on the young people but there seems to be a different way of looking at things among many of them at this time. Some of my family members sometimes seem to be on that road. It really makes me unhappy to see it.

  8. #58
    Senior Member limiman12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Red Oak Iowa
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TN_LAB View Post
    On the contrary. Members of a society (folks that share laws and culture) is that of

    Social responsibility
    Religious responsibility
    Financial responsibility
    Political responsibility


    Some (me) might say that it is our duty to have socially acceptable standards. I'm not saying this guy needs to be punished, but I am saying that somebody ought to step up and tell him he's a loser (in a cultural sense). In a round about way, they'd be doing him a favor.
    I have thought about htis statment a lot over the past 12 hours...... I wish more people were socially more responsible and would do this, even if it were not as abrupt as kens tact 17 year old kid with tatoos all over, "punkClothes" two ear rings and a lip ring and a pack of ciggs that he handed to his mom that he just chewed out in the waiting room, oh yeah I forgot the ankle bracelet... Mom was too busy trying to be a friend that she apparently thought all this was normal teenage stuff
    Fritz Baier
    owned, trained and handled by:

    GMHRCH-II MPR Baier's Mighty Waldimar
    MHR CPR Baier's Lady Gabrielle
    4 X GMPR MHR Baier's Lady Legacy of Tru Point MH Certified Therapy Dog

  9. #59
    Senior Member limiman12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Red Oak Iowa
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    I can't view videos so I should not make any comment but as you all know I'm going to Too many times the people who write and make the rules ( laws ) have very limited experience with retarded people ( I can not speak to the problems of the handicapped with decent IQs ). Even the case workers who have never lived with a retarded person or maybe just one retarded person
    are not aware of many of the problems that we as family see every day. If
    a person can not take care of themselves why would anybody think that they can take care of a child ( or a baby ). Most government workers pay little to no attention to family members. I'm well aware that my IQ is in most cases not as high as the people that are hired to work with the retarded but I can
    see and hear. I firmly believe that a very large number of our retarded are retarded because of their mother's and possibly also the father's drugs and drinking. Some because of the chemicals ingested by the parents but some because of the resulting abuse. I have fought this fight for a lot of years and I have talked to others with retarded family members. Children have to have been damaged before anyone can or will do anything. In Oklahoma ( from my last update with the law anyway, according to that law ) a child can not be taken away from a parent even when that parent is on drugs. Parents are allowed to show up and take a screaming crying child for their visitation times. That child may cling to the caregiver with all their strength but a judge will still mandate the visitaion when the courts get to decide.

    Yeah, I'm on my soap box. I'll shut up for a while now.
    your IQ may not be as high but your EQ and abiltiy to reason are probably way higher.... There must be some orientation that they remove inteligence and logic as they exit
    Fritz Baier
    owned, trained and handled by:

    GMHRCH-II MPR Baier's Mighty Waldimar
    MHR CPR Baier's Lady Gabrielle
    4 X GMPR MHR Baier's Lady Legacy of Tru Point MH Certified Therapy Dog

  10. #60
    Senior Member limiman12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Red Oak Iowa
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    You know this makes no sense to me. I know of a case where a woman who was obese and had never worked away from home was given SSI or something along those lines because she was "a dependent child". When her mother passed on she became eligible for this. I was taking classes at a local hospital and I asked one of the teachers about it. He thought it was because of her weight though ( not the dependent child status ). I of course did not give her name to him. I wonder if the displaced home maker program would have any kind of help in her case. Maybe they don't even have it anymore.
    Maybe someone in her family can call the elected state reps. I know they sometimes can help. I am aware of one man who had a heart attack and then a stroke who was having trouble getting his disability. They sure helped him.
    Legal aid might have an idea or two. Tell them to shake those trees. Call every agency in their state.
    This one gets me too..... several cases I know where the apperent disablity is being 200 pounds overweight and a highschool drop out makes someone "disabled" unemployable yes, but that is not disabled. Why do they get put on permanent disability rather then say, send them to a "fat farm" where they can get their GED and some relavent training while they are there and then low and behold they are no longer unemployable. on government "payroll" for life or six months in a "occupational rehab" faciltiy. I know which I would rather pay for.
    Fritz Baier
    owned, trained and handled by:

    GMHRCH-II MPR Baier's Mighty Waldimar
    MHR CPR Baier's Lady Gabrielle
    4 X GMPR MHR Baier's Lady Legacy of Tru Point MH Certified Therapy Dog

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •