The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    If RP was in charge, we wouldn't just be worried about slipping into a depression, we'd be speaking Farsi.

fixed it for ya
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

To me Ron Paul seems a little goofy, but I remember the last election he did appeal to many young people. I have not asked my kids or their friends (all are voting age and voted in the last election) if they are still interested in him or is there some one else who they are leaning toward. I should have done it last night when the boys stopped by, but we were too busy talking about Borders book store and the deals to be made.

I think it will be hard to beat Barry, though I'm praying his name will be added to the one timers list. I'm an old white lady so I'm for the GOP, but the party does need to attract the young voters.

I'm not too worried about speaking Farsi because if Barry would go after Islamic terrorist I'm sure after speaking to the CIA Ron Paul would not let that happen. Besides it is not an easy language to learn, not like Spanish. I still do not speak Spanish.

Terri
    Last edited by Terri; 08-13-2011 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjack View Post
    You all may enjoy this if you haven't seen it before...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxxEsswyoEY

It is from 1964 but still rings true today.
    Did you catch the line about Harvard costing only $2700/year back in 1964? Wow!

So many references to how govt programs spent more to accomplish less than would have been accomplished by simply giving the $ directly to the beneficiaries!

Also food for thought in the premise that after all the years we've had a "war on poverty", it appears we've made little headway. Maybe we're doing something wrong? Duh?

Remarkable hearing this FORTY-SEVEN years later! And we're doing the same things and having the same dismal results ... except it's worse as the deficit has continued to grow ever larger. Duh?

What's that line about ... if you continue to do the same things in the same way, why are you surprised when the results continue to be the same?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.