Thread: Check Out This Opinion

M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Worth listening to!

A good point, that while our poor are poor compared to our middle & upper income classes ... by standards of other countries in the world, they would be considered rich.

"Rich" and "poor" are subjective terms that raise emotional appeal.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Very informative.

Career welfare people think it is their right to get food stamps and other entitlements. They would never think of thanking anyone. It is all they know and it is what they teach their children, to start the next generation of career welfare.

You want to stop this, cancel welfare and cancel food stamps for anyone who has received them for more than 12 consecutive months or more than 36 months in a life time.

Or

Work for the county you are in picking up trash and cleaning parks for a certain amount of time a month to receive your check.

No work, no check.

I was on welfare for 6 months in 1983 when the economy was still tanked from Carter. I worked for the county 10 hours a week. Humbling, yes, get over it, I did.

Richard

When you stop to think of it ... if this was a requirement of welfare recipients, how many govt workers would never have been hired to do these tasks? Would the people who did the tasks have more respect for not littering? That would be a problem for the unions, I'm sure

I'd always thought that 1/2 the welfare moms should be trained to do childcare for the other 1/2 who could then get other jobs. Those doing the childcare would be paid from the income of the other 1/2 getting other jobs. Each 1/2 would actually earn $ and develop the self-esteem that comes with earning power. (Maybe the #s would be 1/4 - 3/4; whatever).

That, and requiring birth control, for those on welfare would certainly be some help in controlling costs.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    When you stop to think of it ... if this was a requirement of welfare recipients, how many govt workers would never have been hired to do these tasks? Would the people who did the tasks have more respect for not littering? That would be a problem for the unions, I'm sure

I'd always thought that 1/2 the welfare moms should be trained to do childcare for the other 1/2 who could then get other jobs. Those doing the childcare would be paid from the income of the other 1/2 getting other jobs. Each 1/2 would actually earn $ and develop the self-esteem that comes with earning power. (Maybe the #s would be 1/4 - 3/4; whatever).

That, and requiring birth control, for those on welfare would certainly be some help in controlling costs.
    How about DRUG testing????

Just askin'.....

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Drug testing is a must for any government free be's

It sorta stands to reason that if employers require drug testing, then welfare checks should require that, too. If they can't get clean before getting a job, how will they keep the job if they fail employers' drug testing?

OTOH, if one takes the position of legalizing drugs because they are just fine for "recreation", like alcohol, then the position on drug testing might be different?

It does occur to me, though, that a person can drink one glass of wine or one beer (or whatever), and not be impaired in their performance. Would that also be true of smoking one joint or snorting one line of coke? I understand that airline pilots are not supposed to have even one drink for 24 hours before flying.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com

I think pot should be legalized. Anything harder should remain illegal. A joint like a beer or a shot can not impair your judgment. However, in excess they both can have bad consequences.

Until they legalize it, it is still against the law and should be screened. If you are receiving a Government check you should be required to pass a random drug test. Failure to show up for your test or testing failure terminates your free handout.

Richard

What birth control???????????
    Why, then I can't keep having more babies and getting more $$$$??
    Oh, come on?
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    I think pot should be legalized. Anything harder should remain illegal. A joint like a beer or a shot can not impair your judgment. However, in excess they both can have bad consequences.

Until they legalize it, it is still against the law and should be screened. If you are receiving a Government check you should be required to pass a random drug test. Failure to show up for your test or testing failure terminates your free handout.

Richard

so by your reasoning you want to legalize pot, but yet you want to test for drugs,...so the pot smokers still get their freebies but the crack users dont...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"