The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Stop Coddling the Super-Rich

  1. #11
    Senior Member Matt McKenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    of course it is...look at the kid from Facebook...Zuckenburg, he "donated' some 25+ million to "charity" until the media revealed that it was an attempt to lessen his tax burden...very few wealthy people like to part with their money...willingly..but slick tax attorneys have learned how to use the loopholes to help their clients use the the system to its ability


    very few PEOPLE like to part with their money...willingly. I know I don't. But when the top 5% of taxpayers are paying 60% of the taxes and half the population pays zero taxes, I have a hard time buying into the "raise taxes for the rich" plan. Those awful, filthy, greedy, terrible rich people are the ones that are providing most of the jobs. Same with those terrible corporations. Many of those greedy folks who make over $250,000 a year are small business owners who employ many of the idiots that want them to "pay their fair share". Oh well. You can't fix stupid.
    Matt McKenzie

    "Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

  2. #12
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,816

    Default

    Obviously no one clicked on the link and read the entire article.

    You guys crack me up.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  3. #13
    Senior Member troy schwab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Obviously no one clicked on the link and read the entire article.

    You guys crack me up.
    BUZZ,
    I read the article...... Whats your point????? Everything he said is pretty much common sense. Just wondering where you expected this to go?

    Troy
    SHR Presque Isle Jaeger Schwab JH (driving the bus)

  4. #14
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    BUZZ,
    I read the article...... Whats your point????? Everything he said is pretty much common sense. Just wondering where you expected this to go?

    Troy
    It went EXACTLY where I expected it to go... You guys never disappoint.

    I don't know about you, but it bothers me a lot more that folks who make millions more than me pay lower effective rates than I do than it does that the "lucky duckies" pay little in income taxes.


    See lucky duckies:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_duckies
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  5. #15
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,811

    Default

    The rich pay a lot more $$$ in taxes than I do. I'm much more pissed about all the people that pay zero and even more pissed about the people that get a socialist redistribution check!
    Those people have no skin in the game and will vote for BUMMA because they pay zip.
    Everyone should pay federal income taxes and these socialist checks need to end!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

  6. #16
    Senior Member troy schwab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Alright Buzz..... heres my take. The reason that the wealthiest americans pay so little taxes is because most of them dont work. The make money by investing money, and are not on a payroll, hence no standard "income tax" (the rate you and me pay) Now, I could be a jealous prick, and say that this is unfair..... but its their money, and they are essentially gambling with it. So be it. BTW, most of these people are shareholders, (many are the majority shareholders) of companies that employ millions of americans. So I wouldnt be so quick to go after the companies with taxes.... they will simply shift costs. These people do pay capital gains tax, and some other fluffy taxes.... but nothing comparable to the Income tax rates. Blame the government for this, not the wealthy. Government reform is the only way to fix this.....not by "taxing the rich".....because the wealthiest people in this country do not actually "work". By raising income tax on the rich, you will only harm the upper middle class business owner.....not the truely rich. Get it?? JMO


    Troy
    SHR Presque Isle Jaeger Schwab JH (driving the bus)

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    You do realize he is bitching about how little taxes he pays because of tax loopholes he CHOOSES to use? He could just pay the tax rate prescribed in the tax code relative to his income but instead he CHOOSES to go through the work to find the loopholes and use them instead of the "honorable" thing and just pay more taxes...

  8. #18
    Senior Member troy schwab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    The rich pay a lot more $$$ in taxes than I do. I'm much more pissed about all the people that pay zero and even more pissed about the people that get a socialist redistribution check!
    Those people have no skin in the game and will vote for BUMMA because they pay zip.
    Everyone should pay federal income taxes and these socialist checks need to end!
    BTW, I pretty much agree with all of this.
    SHR Presque Isle Jaeger Schwab JH (driving the bus)

  9. #19
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    It went EXACTLY where I expected it to go... You guys never disappoint.

    I don't know about you, but it bothers me a lot more that folks who make millions more than me pay lower effective rates than I do than it does that the "lucky duckies" pay little in income taxes.


    See lucky duckies:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_duckies
    You never disappoint...class warfare to the bitter end. It's just about all you libs have left...
    Bill Davis

  10. #20
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by troy schwab View Post
    Alright Buzz..... heres my take. The reason that the wealthiest americans pay so little taxes is because most of them dont work. The make money by investing money, and are not on a payroll, hence no standard "income tax" (the rate you and me pay) Now, I could be a jealous prick, and say that this is unfair..... but its their money, and they are essentially gambling with it. So be it. BTW, most of these people are shareholders, (many are the majority shareholders) of companies that employ millions of americans. So I wouldnt be so quick to go after the companies with taxes.... they will simply shift costs. These people do pay capital gains tax, and some other fluffy taxes.... but nothing comparable to the Income tax rates. Blame the government for this, not the wealthy. Government reform is the only way to fix this.....not by "taxing the rich".....because the wealthiest people in this country do not actually "work". By raising income tax on the rich, you will only harm the upper middle class business owner.....not the truely rich. Get it?? JMO


    Troy

    Why should I care if they shift costs? If they shift costs, then those higher prices will filter down to the "lucky dukies" that you guys get all hot and bothered about...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •