The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Costco remove plug-ins for electric cars-No usage

Buzz......tell us what's coming in battery technology that makes you confident these things will become feasible and provide them with a market niche. 40-60 mile range won't cut it in Phoenix where batteries last a year or two and it takes an hour and a half to drive across town. Golf Carts already have that market sewed up here in the Swingin Senior Sect
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by caryalsobrook View Post
    Make sure the next Cracker Barrel is within 40 miles so you can make it to the next one in a $7,000.00 subsity by the taxpayers.
    Why do you think it's a subsidy? It's a tax credit, just like the tax credit you get on the mortgage interest you pay. Are the tax payers subsidizing our mortgages too?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Why do you think it's a subsidy? It's a tax credit, just like the tax credit you get on the mortgage interest you pay. Are the tax payers subsidizing our mortgages too?
    There is a difference in a tax credit and a tax deduction. BIG difference.

It all costs US taxpayers and most of it should stop. Its' ridiculous how many folks work for the government. Cut a bunch of that stuff out the budget and let folks (entrepreneurs) provide the service or not. Kind of like toll roads. You decide if you want to pay to use it.
    Stray labs make great pets.
    Proud member of the FF society.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_LAB View Post
    There is a difference in a tax credit and a tax deduction. BIG difference.

It all costs US taxpayers and most of it should stop. Its' ridiculous how many folks work for the government. Cut a bunch of that stuff out the budget and let folks (entrepreneurs) provide the service or not. Kind of like toll roads. You decide if you want to pay to use it.
    You are correct, there is a difference between the two. However, my point was that neither tax credits or tax deductions are subsidies. Tax payers do not subsidize either, so how do they cost taxpayers money?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    You are correct, there is a difference between the two. However, my point was that neither tax credits or tax deductions are subsidies. Tax payers do not subsidize either, so how do they cost taxpayers money?
    Blackstone, I do not understand a lot of things anymore so I have a few questions. Maybe you could answer them for me ( thanks in advance ).
    Where does this $7000. come from and who is it paid to ? Or are the buyers of the cars given a $7000. credit so they don't have to pay the $7000. that they would owe in taxes otherwise ?

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Blackstone, I do not understand a lot of things anymore so I have a few questions. Maybe you could answer them for me ( thanks in advance ).
    Where does this $7000. come from and who is it paid to ? Or are the buyers of the cars given a $7000. credit so they don't have to pay the $7000. that they would owe in taxes otherwise ?
    No one pays it. You are correct. The tax credit reduces the amount of tax you would otherwise owe by $7,000. It is applied after you have calculated how much tax you owe, and is a dollar for dollar reduction to that amount.

A tax deduction, on the other hand, reduces your taxable income.

With either one, no taxpayer money is used to pay for it. The Fed. just collects less taxes.

So the government takes in $7000 less than it ordinarily would have, effectively subsidizing your buying an electric car. Semantics...

Kind of like saying they were going to spend 10% more, but due to spending cuts we're only going to spend 8% more.

LMAO through the tears for the future of our country...

That's the same as saying we subsidize the owners of walmart because they don't pay a livable wage like costco, almost every person that works there qualifies for welfare, but not at costco. Don't bitch about the rich being rich, go be rich. And don't bitch about people getting out of paying more taxes, get out of them yourself.
    If you love life, don't waste time, its what life is made up of.

Thank you, Blackstone. Interesting how these things work. So it does help someone buy a car that falls in the correct list of car models.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyg View Post
    So the government takes in $7000 less than it ordinarily would have, effectively subsidizing your buying an electric car. Semantics...

Kind of like saying they were going to spend 10% more, but due to spending cuts we're only going to spend 8% more.

LMAO through the tears for the future of our country...
    More twists and turn in logic ( ? or whatever one could call it ). Just doesn't seem right somehow..........people who can afford a new car get a "boost" which they probably don't need.