The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: When will Dems realize they can't regulate risk out of our lives?

Default When will Dems realize they can't regulate risk out of our lives?

I just listened to Sen Markey go on and on about how Mother Nature was 'warning' us about a potential nuclear meltdown via the earthquake today in Virginia. While I agree that the aftermath of a nuclear meltdown would be disastrous, I'd like to know how many people Mother Nature has 'killed' with volcanoes, tornadoes, hurricanes, flash floods, droughts, blizzards, heat waves, famine and earthquakes in the last century. I expect the answer is exponentially higher than the combined nuclear disasters from the relative few power plant meltdowns.

Everyday we run the risk of death, dismemberment, or sickness by virtue of just waking up. No amount of laws or regulations can materially lessen the risk we face from ourselves and mother nature.

Don't tread on me regards,
    Brent McDowell

"To be the best, you gotta beat the best - WOOOOOO!!!"

Jake's Pintail Hunter - Jake
    HR April's Yellow Daisy JH - Daisy
    Knob Creek's Rough Rider*** - Rex
    Knob Creek's Straight Outta Compton - Cali

www.knobcreekretrievers.com
    www.facebook.com/knobcreekretrievers

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Brent McDowell View Post
    I just listened to Sen Markey go on and on about how Mother Nature was 'warning' us about a potential nuclear meltdown via the earthquake today in Virginia. While I agree that the aftermath of a nuclear meltdown would be disastrous, I'd like to know how many people Mother Nature has 'killed' with volcanoes, tornadoes, hurricanes, flash floods, droughts, blizzards, heat waves, famine and earthquakes in the last century. I expect the answer is exponentially higher than the combined nuclear disasters from the relative few power plant meltdowns.

Everyday we run the risk of death, dismemberment, or sickness by virtue of just waking up. No amount of laws or regulations can materially lessen the risk we face from ourselves and mother nature.

Don't tread on me regards,
    kQuit trying to make such common sense. Nonsense is more believable by some.