The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Anyone on SS/Medicare interested in this?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default Anyone on SS/Medicare interested in this?

    Have you been alerted to what's coming? Time to get involved? UB


    I've received several emails like the one below and thought I would share with everyone what I have found out.

    I thought you would be interested in the information on factcheck.com

    http://factcheck.org/2011%2F04%2Fpremium-nonsense-on-medicare%2F#.Tk2yoUnj9Es.email


    More rip offs from our liars in office!



    MEDICARE PREMIUM INCREASE


    For those of you who are on Medicare, read the article below.




    It is about the monthly amount of money you are going to pay in Medicare premiums in 2011, 2012 and the huge increase you will pay in 2013.



    It's a short but important article:

    Congress will not allow an increase in the social security COLA (cost of living adjustment); however, the per person monthly Medicare insurance premium will be increased from the 2009 premium of $96.40 to $104.20 in 2012, $120.20 for the year 2013..........

    AND increases to a wonderful $247.00 in 2014.


    Thank You Obamacare!
    Congress also gave themselves a $3,000 a month Cost of Living Adjustment!


    Send this to all seniors that you know. So they will know who's throwing them under the bus.



    REMEMBER ...... NOVEMBER 2012!


    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,819

    Default

    I recall coming across this some time back, and I think that the doubling of premium is not accurate ... but, who knows?

    I don't think we'll have to worry about death panels in Obamacare ... at the rate that everyone is throwing Medicare under the bus, that should take care of itself.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Have you been alerted to what's coming? Time to get involved? UB


    I've received several emails like the one below and thought I would share with everyone what I have found out.

    I thought you would be interested in the information on factcheck.com

    http://factcheck.org/2011%2F04%2Fpremium-nonsense-on-medicare%2F#.Tk2yoUnj9Es.email


    More rip offs from our liars in office!



    MEDICARE PREMIUM INCREASE


    For those of you who are on Medicare, read the article below.




    It is about the monthly amount of money you are going to pay in Medicare premiums in 2011, 2012 and the huge increase you will pay in 2013.



    It's a short but important article:

    Congress will not allow an increase in the social security COLA (cost of living adjustment); however, the per person monthly Medicare insurance premium will be increased from the 2009 premium of $96.40 to $104.20 in 2012, $120.20 for the year 2013..........

    AND increases to a wonderful $247.00 in 2014.


    Thank You Obamacare!
    Congress also gave themselves a $3,000 a month Cost of Living Adjustment!


    Send this to all seniors that you know. So they will know who's throwing them under the bus.



    REMEMBER ...... NOVEMBER 2012!


    What the hell did you expect UB. First thing our illustrious Pres. did after Obamacare passed was to add 15,000,000 to the MEDICAID rolls. they pay NOTHING and get unlimited care. All others get limited care AND HAVE TO PAY FOR IT!!! In other words another 15,000,000 riding in the wagon and less pulling it

  4. #4
    Senior Member EdA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6,688

    Default

    I became Medicare eligible December 2010, my health insurance which I have had through the AVMA insurance trust since 1974 informed me that I was no longer eligible for health insurance but they would be happy to supply me with a supplemental Medicare plan which was grossly over priced.

    At the advice of my insurance advisor I took AARP Medicare supplemental insurance, so called Medigap insurance. Because I am still working and earn over the allowable threshold I pay a $350 per month Medicare premium, additionally I pay for the supplemental Plan F, and Plan D with an additional premium penalty of $50/month due to my income.

    The result is that my monthly health insurance premiums and penalties because I am working total about $500/month which is within $100 of my HSA plan prior to reaching age 65.

    I read an article today about the amount of time translated to
    dollars that US MDs spend with insurance issues versus MDs in Canada. It vosts US MDs the equivalent of $80,000 annually dealing with various insurers including private companies and the US Government. The system is obviously flawed and needs a complete overhaul.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,819

    Default

    Ed, a perfect example of how Medicare is not actually an "entitlement" program. Many people are paying over-and-above the bare minimum for the benefits. I think that many people confuse Medicare with Medicaid.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Ed, a perfect example of how Medicare is not actually an "entitlement" program. Many people are paying over-and-above the bare minimum for the benefits. I think that many people confuse Medicare with Medicaid.
    I had never thought that people might be confusing the two but I'm sure you are correct. As I have said before we were no longer eligible for the regular company insurance that we had where my husband worked before his retirement. They offered a supplement to the medicare plan but no longer offered a full insurance for we seniors. Our freedom of choice had been done
    away with. They changed insurance "carriers" almost every year after that. Then about two years ago they began using the AARP plans. The total that we pay for insurance makes a nice profit for someone ( I believe ). It's true that I have used it a good bit over the years but my husband has remained healthy and at 82 still does all our own yard work ( our yard probably contains about 3 acres ). We do not run to the Dr. every time we have a small pain. My husband seldom visits the Dr. ( maybe twice a year at the most ). I go about every three to 6 months to get my prescriptions filled. I
    feel that less meds is better ( than most doctors want a person to take ).
    In fact in most cases less Doctors' visits will keep you healthier Just my thoughts about it all.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Have you been alerted to what's coming? Time to get involved? UB
    So - Should I contact Sen's Patty Murray, Maria Cantwell or our very own RINO - Dave Reichert . They are all .

    Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    I became Medicare eligible December 2010,
    Enjoy your working retirement ! Especially if you enjoy what you do! & you appear to by your willingness to share professional insights on these forums, which I admire .

    We've done without supplements as we only get stuck with 20% of what Medicare actually pays (they 80 - we 20)so it's not too bad. Boeing had a supplement that it only took about 3 years to become more than our retirement check . I hate AARP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I hate AARP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hear you loud and clear. Not thrilled about some things either.

  9. #9
    Senior Member red devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    WI or NC
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Have you guys considered Medicare advantage plans? Might make a lot of sense, particularly if you do not go to the doctor very much. Depending on the state you live, it may be possible to be on one of these plans and pay next to nothing in monthly premiums compared to supplement plans. The trade off is modest co pays and deductibles for hospitalization and doctor's visits most with an annual cap less than your supplement premiums.

    Check with your insurance advisor.

    Must be something good about them, Dems have been trying to kill these things for years.
    HRCH Wind River's Frisky Whisky SH WCX - Thanx for the memories my friend
    HRCH UH Red Devil's Risky Rascal WCX
    HR Red Devil's Wild Wind River
    SHR Red Devil's Ready Freddie
    SHR Red Devil's Lambeau Leap
    SHR YRP Grand Chien's Chase the Sunset

  10. #10
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by red devil View Post
    Have you guys considered Medicare advantage plans? Might make a lot of sense, particularly if you do not go to the doctor very much. Depending on the state you live, it may be possible to be on one of these plans and pay next to nothing in monthly premiums compared to supplement plans. The trade off is modest co pays and deductibles for hospitalization and doctor's visits most with an annual cap less than your supplement premiums.

    Check with your insurance advisor.

    Must be something good about them, Dems have been trying to kill these things for years.

    No doubt about it!!! I wouldn't be a part of AARP for all the tea in China.

    To my knowledge, anyone can become a member of a Medicare advantage plan. My wife and I have been on one 10 years. It has changed names from time to time, and the current one is about to change their name as well.

    Our current plan is from Secure Horizons, and is changing to United Healthcare, which seems to be the overall mother of various advantage plans. You can reach them at 866-579-8774 for a complete booklet on what they cover in your particular state.

    In Sodak we pay no....THAT'S NO...monthly premium. We pay $15 per visit to our doctor of choice. If we see a specialist, we pay $25 per visit.

    Our hospitalization is subject to a percentage that is spelled out for various visits, and has a maximum annual amount each of us is responsible for. At present out max combined limit is $5200. So far, I've been charged $975 for a couple of hospital visits in 2011.

    Not sure what this will morph into next year, because Obamacare is becoming a part of the equation, whether it becomes implemented or not. Since these plans are set up for a year at a time, the insurance companys have to adjust for what their laws dictate, so if we get to keep our Advantage Program or not, remains to be seen. I expect to see a new booklet with the 2012 rates and plans sometime next month.

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •