RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Texas Drought in Pictures.....Just sad.

4K views 30 replies 24 participants last post by  fetchtx 
#1 · (Edited)
Why can't things even out? While the East coast is reeling under the deluge of Hurricane Irene, we in Texas need that water so badly!

http://photoblog.statesman.com/dry-season-the-texas-drought-of-2011

The photographer happens to be my cousin who works as a photo journalist for The Austin Statesman.

Please pray for rain in Texas!

#2 ·
Prayers sent! Poor cows!

#4 ·
Vicki,

Those photos depict the severity of the drought conditions in Texas better than anything I have seen. It is truly devistating.

Janet

#5 ·
Amazing pictures. I knew it was bad, but I had no idea. In recent years we've had some severe droughts here in Georgia with water shortage scares, etc. We've seen boat docks sitting on dry land, etc., but I don't think we've seen anything like those worst pictures...certainly nothing that had a widespread effect on livestock.

#8 ·
The pictures of the cows broke my heart.
In our little corner of Georgia we've been going between extreme and exceptional drought this summer. I have a feeling when the USDA drought monitor is updated this week we'll be back in the exceptional category again. But thankfully our cows don't look like that and they have plenty to drink.
My prayers go out to the Texas ranchers and farmers.

#9 ·
To date the estimated loss to farmers and cattle ranchers in Texas due to the drought is over $5billion. With the predicted continued weather patterns, it will be much more than that.

They are saying the damage from Hurricane Irene is $5-10 billion.

Plenty of folks thinking about the devastation along the eastern seaboard but not much focus on Texas.

#11 ·
And that's a damn shame. Unfortunately the public demand for bigger and later news stories takes away from ongoing tragedies, like the drought in Texas.
These pictures bring this home in a way that a news story can't. From now on, this is on the top of my concern list. Prayers for Texas from Ohio.

#12 ·
Interesting...........pray for rain?
God helps those who help themselves.......probably a better position.

Climate change? Naw, no such thing............

Evolution...........Naw, no such thing.............

Why the heck couldn't climate change and evolution be in God's plan.

Texas ...........sucks.

#13 ·
We had a rancher up here that had 50 tons of hay that he was donating to whoever could come up and get it from Texas.

#14 ·
I'm sure someone took advantage of his generous offer. There have been 18 wheeler loads of hay bales traveling around here all summer. People with big cattle operations are bringing it in from wherever they can find it.

#20 ·
*******, you are just plain scary. Anyone mean and cruel enough to make those kind of statements after viewing those sad pictures is likely a serial killer in his spare time:-x.

#22 ·
Most of the pros from that part of the country normally go home after Labor Day. I guess this year they're in on hurry to leave.

#30 ·
Those pictures are wonderful and so terribly sad. Thanks so much for sharing them, I've heard all the reports but the photos really bring it home. I hope that rain comes soon...but in a manner that doesn't cause even more problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.