The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Labor leaders must pay for parade if GOP banned, mayor says

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    No, not at all. I got in touch with the Labor Council and offered them $100 toward expenses so that they could forgo any public funding to support their event. It doesn't matter anyhow. The Labor Council buckled under the pressure from Wausau's mayor, so it's a moot point. Enemies of labor will be provided a forum at the event.
    I do commend you for standing behind your beleifs, however errant they may be!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

if this coming Mondays Labor Day observance is such a monumental National "thing" then riddle me this would you? Why is it only the state and federal and government offices with their workers are closed? And the Banks and their workers, The post office and the school teachers??? Anyone with feet in a ditch or hands on a brick or head in an oven will still be on the job. It has become a day that these master slackers lounge yet again while the true backbone keeps on keeping on. A misused day from an outdated movement that has gone so far from it's original mission it is laughable.

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    if this coming Mondays Labor Day observance is such a monumental National "thing" then riddle me this would you? Why is it only the state and federal and government offices with their workers are closed? And the Banks and their workers, The post office and the school teachers??? Anyone with feet in a ditch or hands on a brick or head in an oven will still be on the job. It has become a day that these master slackers lounge yet again while the true backbone keeps on keeping on. A misused day from an outdated movement that has gone so far from it's original mission it is laughable.

I don't know what you're talking about. I've been in the private sector for almost 30 years. Have not worked a Labor Day in my life. And for the record, I've never been in a union. Engineers are not unionized.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

just checked an online schedule and the trains from here to both Boston and Montreal will running as normal on Monday. Guess you work for a better railroad.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

just checked an online schedule and the trains from here to both Boston and Montreal will running as normal on Monday. Guess you work for a better railroad.
    You beat me to it, Ken. My dad was an engineer and got that all the time.

No, he doesn't drive a train regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

"Casey Jones?"
    Are you a Dead-Head?

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Like all holidays in the USA some people work, some have the day off. It varies, but never does the world come to a screeching halt. To the contrary, holidays are now all about the commercial aspect. Labor day sales, Halloween costumes and candy, Black friday, before and after Christmas sales, New years sales, Presidents day sales, then valentine hype, Easter specials, Memorial day door-busters, 4th of July blowouts. Even Veterans day sadly.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Like all holidays in the USA some people work, some have the day off. It varies, but never does the world come to a screeching halt. To the contrary, holidays are now all about the commercial aspect. Labor day sales, Halloween costumes and candy, Black friday, before and after Christmas sales, New years sales, Presidents day sales, then valentine hype, Easter specials, Memorial day door-busters, 4th of July blowouts. Even Veterans day sadly.
    You forgot Duck Season Opener!!
    The BIGGEST of them all!!!!

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

if this coming Mondays Labor Day observance is such a monumental National "thing" then riddle me this would you? Why is it only the state and federal and government offices with their employees are closed? And the Banks and their employees, The post office and the school teachers??? Anyone with feet in a ditch or hands on a brick or head in an oven will still be on the job. It has become a day that these master slackers lounge yet again while the true backbone keeps on keeping on. A misused day from an outdated movement that has gone so far from it's original mission it is laughable.

Ken = well stated - just a minor correction - that they work is an assumption

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about. I've been in the private sector for almost 30 years. Have not worked a Labor Day in my life. And for the record, I've never been in a union. Engineers are not unionized.
    You need to tell the folks in SPEEA that . Longest White Collar strike in the history of the labor movement. Management found out they could not do without their engineers .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    You forgot Duck Season Opener!!
    The BIGGEST of them all!!!!

RK
    Yeah... the catalogs for Cabela's, Gander Mtn, Macks etc all started showing up this week. We'll give you $10 off your order of $150 or more.

Opener here isn't for six weeks. If it ever cools off, maybe some early teal in a couple weeks.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift